dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Love this dude.

They don't make em like you anymore MI

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Apparently, I'm not banned after all! Anyways, to start off a less jerk note, I would like to make things right to the folks here on DCU. I genuinely thought that after 13-3 the Cowboys (or Ostriches as I call them in my column *plug plug*) would make a SB run. Not only did that not happen, but the entire organization showed just how incompetent they are. This is a team from the ownership to the front office to the head coach to the assistants is a failure of the worst kind. This win against the Saints will set the Cowboys back at least 5 years.

Talk all the trash you want about the Browns, but at least every 2-3 years they try new management and coaching and quarterbacking in an attempt to make things better. Talk all the trash you want about the Bengals, but at least they have made the playoffs 7 times in the past 15 years and been an irritation to the teams in their division. Talk all the trash you want about the Lions, but at least Matt Stafford is scrappy dog (Get it, cause he went to Georgia) and makes the team at least some level of endearing.

The Cowboys have absolutely none of those things. You folks were right about most everything (except Linehan which I think I've been proven right on) and after this most recent win (which feels like a loss), I felt it was time for me to try to pop back on here and right a post like this. Hopefully, this resolves some of the tension that there was.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So I should be impressed with Weeden? Not me. You can ride Weeden's jock and crow about his record when he owned it.

I don't care about Romo. That's become the standard fall back for the uninformed when it comes to Dak. But while you're at it and talking about a "TEAM RECORD" being a team record, you seem to have no issue being critical of the guy that holds most of them.

You're embarrassing yourself with Dak. I'm trying to help you.....

I'm only stating facts, and you don't like them. That's all.

Dak just out dueled the league's all-time leading passer, in every passing category. Brees looked exactly like what you fervently wish Dak was.

No embarrassment at all here.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Helman‏@HelmanDC 16 minutes ago

Asked if David Irving will be back following this mini bye week, Jerry Jones says “I think so.” #cowboyswire

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I still can't believe they let him pass the ball on the Cooper PI play late in the 4th. An INT there and Garrett is run out of the building.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Love the 'tude. I hope this rubs of on the entire organization.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still can't believe they let him pass the ball on the Cooper PI play late in the 4th. An INT there and Garrett is run out of the building.

Yeah have to admit I was surprised too, but Cooper had been owning Lattimore most of the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah ok, Lawrence is nothing like Dez dude. In any way, shape or form.

Neither was Romo anything like Dez.

The POINT is this mindless idiot mantra of "pay the man" leaves out reason and dispassionate analysis. "Pay the man what he's worth" is more intelligent, it implies a more thoughtful, businesslike aoproach. He is definitely already getting paid, this year.

Let them test the fucking market, find out what they're actually WORTH not what you think they're worth.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Apparently, I'm not banned after all! Anyways, to start off a less jerk note, I would like to make things right to the folks here on DCU. I genuinely thought that after 13-3 the Cowboys (or Ostriches as I call them in my column *plug plug*) would make a SB run. Not only did that not happen, but the entire organization showed just how incompetent they are. This is a team from the ownership to the front office to the head coach to the assistants is a failure of the worst kind. This win against the Saints will set the Cowboys back at least 5 years.

Talk all the trash you want about the Browns, but at least every 2-3 years they try new management and coaching and quarterbacking in an attempt to make things better. Talk all the trash you want about the Bengals, but at least they have made the playoffs 7 times in the past 15 years and been an irritation to the teams in their division. Talk all the trash you want about the Lions, but at least Matt Stafford is scrappy dog (Get it, cause he went to Georgia) and makes the team at least some level of endearing.

The Cowboys have absolutely none of those things. You folks were right about most everything (except Linehan which I think I've been proven right on) and after this most recent win (which feels like a loss), I felt it was time for me to try to pop back on here and right a post like this. Hopefully, this resolves some of the tension that there was.

There wasn't any "tension" and you were never banned. Self importance much?

Children might get their feelings hurt trying to flap their dicktrap in a men's locker room. Just stay out if the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

We have an innovative, neato feature here called the " log out button."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Neither was Romo anything like Dez.

The POINT is this mindless idiot mantra of "pay the man" leaves out reason and dispassionate analysis. "Pay the man what he's worth" is more intelligent, it implies a more thoughtful, businesslike aoproach. He is definitely already getting paid, this year.

Let them test the fucking market, find out what they're actually WORTH not what you think they're worth.

Well if they franchise him again, he really cant "test the market"

Maybe you are suggesting they transition tag him, but you don't get shit for the guy if he gets a huge deal elsewhere that we don't match, which would be monumentally retarded. Dude is one of the best defensive player in the league and has followed up last years dominant season with another dominant one this year.

I'm not suggesting they pay the guy 200 million for 10 yrs or anything like that, but Lawrence mentioned during this past training camp that he really didn't want to get franchise tagged again or feel like he had to play on another 1yr deal.

He's a cornerstone player. He needs to be locked up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Children might get their feelings hurt trying to flap their dicktrap in a men's locker room. Just stay out if the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

We have an innovative, neato feature here called the " log out button."

I wish he'd log out forever.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's what we are all afraid of Jerry.

This next game vs Philly will be VERY telling.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well if they franchise him again, he really cant "test the market"

Maybe you are suggesting they transition tag him, but you don't get shit for the guy if he gets a huge deal elsewhere that we don't match, which would be monumentally retarded. Dude is one of the best defensive player in the league and has followed up last years dominant season with another dominant one this year.

I'm not suggesting they pay the guy 200 million for 10 yrs or anything like that, but Lawrence mentioned during this past training camp that he really didn't want to get franchise tagged again or feel like he had to play on another 1yr deal.

He's a cornerstone player. He needs to be locked up.

I am saying that IF he is not going to go for a cap-friendly deal, you let him test the market.

You don't know his value any other way. Right now today, his value is 17 mil a year. He IS getting paid.

The stupid shit we did with Romo's deal and Dez's deal didn't teach you anything?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am saying that IF he is not going to go for a cap-friendly deal, you let him test the market.

You don't know his value any other way. Right now today, his value is 17 mil a year. He IS getting paid.

The stupid shit we did with Romo's deal and Dez's deal didn't teach you anything?

The problem with Romo's deal was they inexplicably didn't make him take a physical.

Dez did a complete 180 after signing his deal. But there were warning signs the organization obviously ignored.

I don't see where either of their situations is anything like Lawrence's UNLESS Lawrence had another scare with the back. So far he has been pretty much 100% since his last surgery, and his play continues to get better and better.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Well for a while I couldn't log into my account and you made some post around the same time basically saying "go to your little corner of the internet and leave us alone", so it sure looked like I got banned.

Also, don't give yourself self-importance. I've taken WAY worse heat than I got on here and took it, and as I said because I thought I was banned it sure looked like the one who couldn't take heat was you.

But I'm digressing, the point of me being here right now is supposed to be that whatever beef/tension/sparring should be in the past because outside of Scott Linehan, I was wrong about this team, and I felt that it would be appropriate to say that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The problem with Romo's deal was they inexplicably didn't make him take a physical.

Dez did a complete 180 after signing his deal. But there were warning signs the organization obviously ignored.

I don't see where either of their situations is anything like Lawrence's UNLESS Lawrence had another scare with the back. So far he has been pretty much 100% since his last surgery, and his play continues to get better and better.

They didn't do the physical why? Because "Pay the man." They didn't see the red flags on Dez why? Because "Pay the man."

It's an infantile idiot mentality, not a business approach. They all are fucking PAID for everything they do. We don't owe them extra money just because they performed well for cheaper. We owe them extra money if the market calls for it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh. IIRC the flag didn't even come from the sideline ref on his side of the field either.

Top Bottom