Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cooper is the example of what myself and a few more are talking about when we preach PRECISE ROUTE RUNNING and how Dez completely lacks the ability. Nobody was ever afraid of Dez actually beating them any other way than the jump ball. This is why he caught all the shit talking, defenders knew he sucked. And they knew HE knew he sucked, this is exactly why they could get in his head and take him completely out of games.

They don't even bother trying to talk shit to Cooper. They're scared shitless of him.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Today was about chunk plays on offense and turnovers on defense. Take away the the two long passes where the DB tripped over his own feet and it wasnt a great offensive performance. AND Red is slowly removing a foot from the grave.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Take away the the two long passes where the DB tripped over his own feet.
And there it is, the "Dak was just lucky" mantra starts.

Hate to break it to ya, but Cooper blew 'em out of their cleats on the two "trips." With presise, sharp route running.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And there it is, the "Dak was just lucky" mantra starts.
I wouldnt call it luck because Cooper beat his man on both plays and Dak put the ball where it needed to be. But both of those plays should have stopped in the catch area had the 4skins had competent DB play, and those plays were the difference in the game. Before that the first long TD the 4skins had the lead and the momentum IMO.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here I am watching the Saints, and still thinking coach Payton's success there is the main reason we still have Ginger. In Jerry's non-football, booze-addled mind he equates Garrett to Payton and fears Garrett will win a SB somewhere else if he lets him leave like he did Payton.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here I am watching the Saints, and still thinking coach Payton's success there is the main reason we still have Ginger. In Jerry's non-football, booze-addled mind he equates Garrett to Payton and fears Garrett will win a SB somewhere else if he lets him leave like he did Payton.

Maybe that plays a part but I just think that Garrett is your basic office, back stabbing, snake oil selling, con artist that has the old fart spell bound, for some unknown reason.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Saints defense is impressing me and that is the real difference between them and the Rams.

Yeah the Rams D is nothing to write home about. But then neither is Atlanta's, this Saints offense is just slowly bleeding them out with mostly superficial cuts and the occasional slash and stab.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe that plays a part but I just think that Garrett is your basic office, back stabbing, snake oil selling, con artist that has the old fart spell bound, for some unknown reason.

I don't think Garrett has either the street smarts or the killer instinct to be successful as a con man. Same reasons he shouldn't be an NFL coach.

Jerry's enamored with his Ivy League pedigree and the psudeo-intellect word salad he regurgitates. Much like voters were with Obama. Empty suits, both.

Couple that with fear of letting him go and you have nine years of shit.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll add about Garrett that I think Jerry's super ego is Garrett' best friend. Just like in order to prove he is a football guy and it is a feather in his cap to find a franchise QB in the 4th round and Dak is (in Jerry's mind) one of his shining moments as a FB guy, the same could be said about him plucking and grooming Garrett as a championship coach. Remember I said in Jerry's super ego driven mind.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll add about Garrett that I think Jerry's super ego is Garrett' best friend. Just like in order to prove he is a football guy and it is a feather in his cap to find a franchise QB in the 4th round and Dak is (in Jerry's mind) one of his shining moments as a FB guy, the same could be said about him plucking and grooming Garrett as a championship coach. Remember I said in Jerry's super ego driven mind.

Yeah he thinks he's Tex Schramm, being "patient for all those years" with Landry. He probably equates Garrett with Landry as well.

Again, because he knows nothing about football.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Three undrafted guys caught TD passes for the Saints tonight.

Coaching.

Matters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Garrett is so pathetic he would have fucked up the 92/93 Cowboys

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah he thinks he's Tex Schramm, being "patient for all those years" with Landry. He probably equates Garrett with Landry as well.

Again, because he knows nothing about football.

Landry had his team in the NFL Championship game in what, his 7th and 8th seasons? And he built that team from scratch. They were in back to back Super Bowls by his 11 and 12th seasons and had numerous playoff seasons prior to that (66, 67, 68, 69)

Garrett hasn't sniffed a conference championship game in 11 years, almost assuredly 12 after this season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Today was about chunk plays on offense and turnovers on defense. Take away the the two long passes where the DB tripped over his own feet and it wasnt a great offensive performance. AND Red is slowly removing a foot from the grave.

Zeke had a pretty good day too though. Probably would have had two or three tds with a remotely close to competent HC and staff. Instead he's handcuffed by the two biggest boobs in the NFL.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No doubt it does, but so does having a Hall of Fame QB having arguably the best season in NFL History.

That HoF QB talent was nurtured and groomed by.... Great coaching. I would point out. Not hamstrung and fucked up by... Horrid coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what's wrong with my ability to see/post tweets, some reason I cant see the number code when I open them now.

That said, here's another Garrett/Linehan fucktard gem:

Runs on 1st & 10 -- 90% of the time.
Runs on 1st & Goal -- 9% of the time.
5:48 PM · Nov 22, 2018 · Twitter Web Client

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And Zeke had 6 games taken away him by that crooked fucking commissioner and some of his croanie buddy owners.

Ezekiel Elliott now has 18 career 100-yard rushing games. No one else has more than 12 in the three years Elliott has been in the league.
https://
twitter.com/NFLCharean/status/1065762077619494913

Top Bottom