dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After what the Eagles and Vikings achieved last season with multiple key injuries, Garrett should not be allowed to get away with that excuse anymore.

Anyway, is it just me or are there a lot more injuries in the NFL than there used to be? Particularly to linemen. I have a theory about this. Back when football was good, you'd rarely see linemen weigh more than 260-270lb. Nowadays these fat bastards are commonly in the 310-320lb range, sometimes more. I'm just not sure the human body's tendons and ligaments are built to support that kind of weight.

OL started getting much bigger in the late 80's and early 90's, its not something new.

I think players get injured more today because of the new CBA. There's a lot less offseason work and players don't come in in as good of shape, and then when they are out there it's glorified flag football type practices. There's almost no live hitting except for the actual preseason games.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think players get injured more today because of the new CBA. There's a lot less offseason work and players don't come in in as good of shape, and then when they are out there it's glorified flag football type practices. There's almost no live hitting except for the actual preseason games.
DING!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyron Smith injured now, hamstring.

Chaz Green got lit up at practice again today, giving up multiple sacks per reports.

This franchise has done many stupid things over the years since Jimmy went back to back, but this Chaz Green garbage is by far the most idiotic thing ever.

DUDE CANNOT FUCKING PLAY FOOTBALL.

What the fuck are these morons looking at with him? I said it two weeks ago, guy is honestly one of the 5 or so worst players in the history of this franchise.

Really feel sorry for these backup QB's and RB's Sunday night.

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a unique gift at finding some of the worst NFL players ever seen. But more astonishngly is how long they hold on to these guys.

Green:

1) Should have never been brought into the organization to begin with.

2) Should have been benched after the first couple of sacks in Atlanta.

3) Should have been cut immediately after the Atlanta game.

4) Should have been cut immediately after the Cincy game.

He's still here, and injuries to starters is no excuse since there are literally guys in the stands that could do a better job.

[video=youtube;LLpIMRowndg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpIMRowndg[/video]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tyron Smith injured now, hamstring.

Chaz Green got lit up at practice again today, giving up multiple sacks per reports.

This franchise has done many stupid things over the years since Jimmy went back to back, but this Chaz Green garbage is by far the most idiotic thing ever.

DUDE CANNOT FUCKING PLAY FOOTBALL.

What the fuck are these morons looking at with him? I said it two weeks ago, guy is honestly one of the 5 or so worst players in the history of this franchise.

Really feel sorry for these backup QB's and RB's Sunday night.

Plus he stepped on LC’s ankle and put him out of practice

So not only is he fucking up on the field he is literally injuring his own teammates and taking them out of the game.

See...

He doesn’t even have to be in the game to hurt us anymore

He can do it just in practice

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ravens TE Hayden Hurst undergoes foot procedure, out 3-4 weeks

Jamison Hensley
ESPN Staff Writer

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens tight end Hayden Hurst is expected to miss three to four weeks after having a procedure for a stress fracture in his foot, a source confirmed.

Hurst, the No. 25 overall pick in this year's draft, was the first tight end selected. The news of Hurst's injury, first reported by NFL Network, comes as a surprise, as he finished practice on Thursday.

It's possible that Hurst could return for Week 3 against the Denver Broncos, meaning he would miss two regular-season games (home vs. Bills, at Bengals).

Hurst is the Ravens' top pass-catching tight end and is replacing Benjamin Watson, last year's leader in receptions for Baltimore, who signed with the New Orleans Saints in free agency.

With Hurst sidelined, the Ravens' top two ends are Nick Boyle and Maxx Williams, both of whom are known for their blocking. Rookie third-round pick Mark Andrews can impact the passing game, but he has battled a hamstring injury all summer.

This is the most significant injury of the offseason for the Ravens. Before Hurst's injury, every starter was expected to be healthy enough to start the regular season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Finally some good news

Kavon Frazier, Joe Looney injury updates given by Cowboys

Kavon Frazier is fine. He dislocated his shoulder last night. They were able to pop it back in and he won’t miss any time.

Then Looney was hurt (which I didn’t even know happened)

Luckily it was only a finger. He will not miss any time either. We dodged a bullet with that one. If Looney went down that could have sunk our season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That does seem stupid now that you separated it from the rest of the post

LOL

but you know what I meant. We are already in a shit load of trouble with TF being gone for an undetermined amount of time.

Although Looney has looked serviceable as his temp replacement so far....

But if Looney goes down too we have no other plans right now for a back up center

Although they did work out our number two draft pick at center before we drafted him. But that would be the worst case scenario if we had to move him to center. Then what? Insert Chaz Green to replace CW?

Any way you look at it we are fucked. Its just a matter of how fucked are we? At this point we don’t know.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I didn't think it was stupid. I thought it was hilarious.

First belly laugh of the day, it was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Finally some good news

Kavon Frazier, Joe Looney injury updates given by Cowboys

Kavon Frazier is fine. He dislocated his shoulder last night. They were able to pop it back in and he won’t miss any time.

Then Looney was hurt (which I didn’t even know happened)

Luckily it was only a finger. He will not miss any time either. We dodged a bullet with that one. If Looney went down that could have sunk our season.

Looney injured himself on that lousy int Cooper Rush threw at the end of the half.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

LOL

but you know what I meant. We are already in a shit load of trouble with TF being gone for an undetermined amount of time.

Although Looney has looked serviceable as his temp replacement so far....

But if Looney goes down too we have no other plans right now for a back up center

Although they did work out our number two draft pick at center before we drafted him. But that would be the worst case scenario if we had to move him to center. Then what? Insert Chaz Green to replace CW?

Any way you look at it we are fucked. Its just a matter of how fucked are we? At this point we don’t know.

S Jones did allude to looking for C help after final cutdowns, so there's that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Potentially interesting.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Saw over at the nuthouse that Zack is taking first team reps in practice today. Per Archer

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the Martin news is definitely encouraging.

Hopefully Fred back sooner rather than later (or the worst case of not at all this yr)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
S Jones did allude to looking for C help after final cutdowns, so there's that.

I was listening to some of the podcasts and they were basically saying that there are zero centers with any experience out there to be had

They mention three that are recent retirements. But no one that is active with any experience to speak of

Now that may change after the first cut down but as of right now it appears to be extremely slim pickings

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah the Martin news is definitely encouraging.

Hopefully Fred back sooner rather than later (or the worst case of not at all this yr)

I’m hoping that they don’t have to put him on IR which guarantees he’s gone for at least 8 weeks.

There has been talk about keeping him on the roster so that he can come back as soon as he is able. It would suck to take up a roster spot for an undetermined amount of time. But I like that idea better that the mandatory 8 weeks of IR. Unless we know without a doubt that he will need the 8 weeks. Then that is obviously the way to go.

Top Bottom