Reaction score
Romo just laid out two truths.

1. Garrett doesn’t do “schematics” but sees the big picture with culture. That’s not a coach.

2. He said Dallas is doing a lot more “misdirection” than earlier in the year. He said they were the just lining up across and trying to beat the opponent but now doing more with Witten and misdirection.

Duh. One way is Garrett’s “we are not going to trick the opponent but just beat him” and the other is the reason they won games last year and this year.

He is the laziest coach, uninterested in the scheme details and strategy that super bowl winners have. Instead he wants good culture.

Dallas will win if they play Like this and never turn back to the Garrett tendencies to reverse progress.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As tough as I am on Prescott, he played well today, especially in the second half when we needed to score and the Chiefs had all the momentum.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As tough as I am on Prescott, he played well today, especially in the second half when we needed to score and the Chiefs had all the momentum.

he has a habit of being wildly inaccurate early on then slowly gets better

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
he has a habit of being wildly inaccurate early on then slowly gets better

He's not as accurate as I would like. But if he uses his legs like he did today to make some big plays, he can keep D's off balance and honest. I hope this staff doesn't try to make him a "pocket" QB. The threat of Dak scrambling adds a whole nother dimension to the offense.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's not as accurate as I would like. But if he uses his legs like he did today to make some big plays, he can keep D's off balance and honest. I hope this staff doesn't try to make him a "pocket" QB. The threat of Dak scrambling adds a whole nother dimension to the offense.

Better out of the pocket and on the run.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All in all I thought Romo called an ok game

He didn’t homer too bad until the fourth quarter where we let about four us and we’s drop when referring to the Cowboys. Even after he and Jim talked about it earlier in the game about how they went over that in the production meetings.

Apparently he couldn’t help him self in the fourth quarter. But up until that point he did pretty well at not being bias towards Dallas.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

He didn’t homer too bad until the fourth quarter where we let about four us and we’s drop when referring to the Cowboys. Even after he and Jim talked about it earlier in the game about how they went over that in the production meetings.

Apparently he couldn’t help him self in the fourth quarter. But up until that point he did pretty well at not being bias towards Dallas.

Really pissed me off when he said the jump balls are a "50% play." No they're not stupid, no pass play is.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I was scratching my head when he was defending the sun issue, felt like he was toting jeri's jock with that comment

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Really pissed me off when he said the jump balls are a "50% play." No they're not stupid, no pass play is.

That’s the problem. In his mind they were 50/50 balls. And that comes from Garrett. He’s said the same exact thing. So have other announcers so it’s accepted as truth

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was scratching my head when he was defending the sun issue, felt like he was toting jeri's jock with that comment

At first he said the sun was “no big deal” and that it only effected one play a game

He was spouting off the bullshit that had been ingrained in him after years under Garrett and Jerry’s control

He’s been told this shit so often and for so long that it’s over ridden his own logic and now he actually believes it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At first he said the sun was “no big deal” and that it only effected one play a game

He was spouting off the bullshit that had been ingrained in him after years under Garrett and Jerry’s control

He’s been told this shit so often and for so long that it’s over ridden his own logic and now he actually believes it.
It was the "other stadiums have it, no big deal" thing that really got me. No, other fucking stadiums do NOT have magnifying glass at either end.

And I guess we're a dome team, he said "people don't like it because it's a indoor stadium" no, people don't fucking like it because it hurts the team!

On a day like today, mid 70s and not a cloud in the sky, why the hell would you have those doors closed and the top closed?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo just laid out two truths.

1. Garrett doesn’t do “schematics” but sees the big picture with culture. That’s not a coach.

2. He said Dallas is doing a lot more “misdirection” than earlier in the year. He said they were the just lining up across and trying to beat the opponent but now doing more with Witten and misdirection.

Duh. One way is Garrett’s “we are not going to trick the opponent but just beat him” and the other is the reason they won games last year and this year.

He is the laziest coach, uninterested in the scheme details and strategy that super bowl winners have. Instead he wants good culture.

Dallas will win if they play Like this and never turn back to the Garrett tendencies to reverse progress.

Lazy and incompetant. And while he is both those, it's unfortunate that he is also one of the luckiest coaches around.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holton #16 for the Raiders has two catches on the year

One TD for 67 yards
One TD for 44 yards

Top Bottom