yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I see Wentz as a guy that can carry a team, I like his arm and his accuracy. I see Dak as better than a game manager but not a QB who can carry a team. That one play where he got hit and still got the TD was a thing of beauty. Even though I admire Dak's study habits off the field, they say Wentz has few peers in that department. Bottom line if I were drafting and both were available, I take Wentz without thinking twice about it.

thx, it's sadly looking like he's gonna be damn good

I'm confused tho because upthread you said "my favorite Dak is better than Wentz" but in your reply you say you'd draft Wentz

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
thx, it's sadly looking like he's gonna be damn good

I'm confused tho because upthread you said "my favorite Dak is better than Wentz" but in your reply you say you'd draft Wentz

Some of the fan boys are saying Dak is better to the point of zealotry. Many point to ESPN QBR rating where Dak is higher than Wentz. I am a big believer in stats but what do your eyes tell you. Being a big fan is great, but at least try and have the slightest amount objectivity, that's all I ask.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Some of the fan boys are saying Dak is better to the point of zealotry. Many point to ESPN QBR rating where Dak is higher than Wentz. I am a big believer in stats but what do your eyes tell you. Being a big fan is great, but at least try and have the slightest amount objectivity, that's all I ask.

Completely agree. Dak has been great and I think will continue to be great. He’s more of a “football player” than a QB though. He studies his ass off and can do everything you need a QB to do to win a championship in my opinion. Wentz just looks like the better QB though in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Dak though because I really think he’s great, I just think Wentz is better. Wentz is the better pure passer from the pocket. He’s also shown though that he can also do pretty much everything Dak can do, and he’s bigger. Dak reminds me a lot of McNabb. Wentz reminds me of a cross between Rothlisberger and Rodgers.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
LOL

Unwilling to spend any real money on FA's too.

That right there is the main reason. I can’t blame them for that though. Especially considering they have been bad at evaluating defensive talent. Spending big money on defensive FA’s is how we ended up with Carr. Until they figure out how to draft good defensive players they shouldn’t be out there collecting more Carr’s.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That was the only knock I had on him besides going to small school. Cowboys lucked into a potentially great player at QB but of the two Wentz is the better QB in my opinion. It worked out great for Dallas but I would not have had a problem at all if the Cowboys had made a move to draft Wentz. He’s made the WR’s better in Philly so assuming he would have done the same in Dallas they would have been fine with DMC/Morris/Smith behind the OL.

Dude. Just stop. Both their numbers are nearly identical, with Dak playing one less game. Wentz has fumbled the ball 7 times, Dak only once. Wentz has rushed DOUBLE than Dak with 40 compared to Dak's 20, yet Wentz only has 40+ yards more than Dak, and 0 TDs compared to 3 TDs for Dak. As for making the WRs better, Alsheron was already a stud in his own right before coming to the Eagles.

So Dak hasn't made the WRs better? Beasley had his best year as a Cowboy last year with Dak.

What exactly is Wentz doing that Dak isn't? Seriously. Don't give me that crap as to how Dak has a running game with Zeke, because the fact is we have an idiot HC that is doing his damnedest reduce reliance of the running game despite it being our strength.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I see Wentz as a guy that can carry a team, I like his arm and his accuracy. I see Dak as better than a game manager but not a QB who can carry a team. That one play where he got hit and still got the TD was a thing of beauty. Even though I admire Dak's study habits off the field, they say Wentz has few peers in that department. Bottom line if I were drafting and both were available, I take Wentz without thinking twice about it.

Dak's comp. percentage is 62.7 to Wentz 61.6. Wentz didn't carry the team last year. And if he could have, they wouldn't have had to bring in better WRs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Completely agree. Dak has been great and I think will continue to be great. He’s more of a “football player” than a QB though. He studies his ass off and can do everything you need a QB to do to win a championship in my opinion. Wentz just looks like the better QB though in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Dak though because I really think he’s great, I just think Wentz is better. Wentz is the better pure passer from the pocket.

What the fuck does this mean?

Dak has shown he can beat you with his arm and legs.

He’s also shown though that he can also do pretty much everything Dak can do, and he’s bigger. Dak reminds me a lot of McNabb. Wentz reminds me of a cross between Rothlisberger and Rodgers.

Wow man. That train's never late. I suppose Dak's skin color has NOTHING to do with the comparison to McNabb? Of course not. U've heard more people compare Dak to Brett Favre and even Steve Young, than MvNabb. But carry on.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What the fuck does this mean?

Dak has shown he can beat you with his arm and legs.

Wow man. That train's never late. I suppose Dak's skin color has NOTHING to do with the comparison to McNabb? Of course not. U've heard more people compare Dak to Brett Favre and even Steve Young, than MvNabb. But carry on.

Are you saying that Dak’s style of play bares no resemblance to McNabb’s? What the hell does color have to do with anything? They have a very similar game. Dak isn’t like Young because Young was a better passer. Stronger arm and more accurate. Young also wasn’t quite as big as Dak. Then there is the fact that Young was a left handed QB.

Favre? Are you fucking kidding me? Dak PLAYS nothing like Favre. Favre was a gunslinger. That’s the exact opposite of the type of player Dak is.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to attach race to the comparison, either. Dak reminds me (and a lot of other people) of McNabb in that he has that shortish (for an NFL QB), thick, strong build that makes him really hard to sack. I can't really remember a white dude like that.

I still think a better comparison is Russell Wilson. Much better leader, much smarter, much less of a flaky head case than McNabb.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
IMO 3rd down the most important on both sides of the ball.

7725883.jpghttps://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Next-Gen-stats-show-Carson-Wentzs-dominance-on-third-down-108780652

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are you saying that Dak’s style of play bares no resemblance to McNabb’s? What the hell does color have to do with anything? They have a very similar game. Dak isn’t like Young because Young was a better passer. Stronger arm and more accurate. Young also wasn’t quite as big as Dak. Then there is the fact that Young was a left handed QB.

Favre? Are you fucking kidding me? Dak PLAYS nothing like Favre. Favre was a gunslinger. That’s the exact opposite of the type of player Dak is.

No the fuck it doesn't. At best you're being intellectually lazy. Hell, you might as well saiud that he's like Mike Vick, you couldn't be anymore blatant.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

View attachment 3892https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Next-Gen-stats-show-Carson-Wentzs-dominance-on-third-down-108780652

They haven't played anybody, stats are over rated, he's gotten lucky, he's a fraud, boo, hiss

What are you an iggles fan?

giphy.gif

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

View attachment 3892https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Next-Gen-stats-show-Carson-Wentzs-dominance-on-third-down-108780652

I agree. Unfortunately we have a coach that likes to call a passing play for 4 yards, when 8 yards is needed for the 1st, because according to the red fool, "It's not frisbee. The players can run after they catch the ball."

Top Bottom