Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A subsequent refinancing trimmed the payout to 2028. But the city continued to pay off the debt quicker and now plans to write its final check in 2021, cutting its overall cost for the stadium to about $400 million.
Plus they get how much annually, from the Cowboys for the lease?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this a typo?? One hundred and fifty thousand? Are the seats filled with millionaires?

Yimy to the rescue......it's fucking sick and, as Yimy said, companies are probably purchasing the most expensive seat licenses. Jerry raped the average fan and made billions in the process. He's already made his money.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yimy to the rescue......it's fucking sick and, as Yimy said, companies are probably purchasing the most expensive seat licenses. Jerry raped the average fan and made billions in the process. He's already made his money.

Did I read here that in New England there are no PSLs and the tickets are pretty affordable as far as NFL tickets go?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone checked on Dbair to see if he killed himself? I'm growing concerned.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
City of Arlington made itself a helluva deal. That lease is for what, 25 years? 60 million over the life of the deal right there, can grease a lot of rails. And palms.

the deal sounds like shit to me, the stadium is 3 million square feet and they're getting less than a buck a foot. Hopefully there are rent escalators going forward cutting into Jeris massive profits

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the deal sounds like shit to me, the stadium is 3 million square feet and they're getting less than a buck a foot. Hopefully there are rent escalators going forward cutting into Jeris massive profits

But it's all gravy, the debt service is built in leaving the lease revenue available to their general fund - and for kickbacks!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did I read here that in New England there are no PSLs and the tickets are pretty affordable as far as NFL tickets go?

That's what I was told by my buddy who's a season ticket holder. Face value of his tickets a couple of years back was $175 and they were great seats. I specifically asked about a PSL and he didn't pay any. I'm sure the luxury boxes cost money. But I was with another 8 or so people who were Pats season ticket holders and they were all working class guys with their families. No way they could afford high priced PSL's. I can tell you Gillette Stadium was filled with blue collar fans. Nothing pretentious. And parking was very reasonably priced within a very short walk to the stadium after a good tailgate. In addition, I've also seen recent games at NY Giants and Philly. I paid $100 (face value) for the tickets in Philly but they were nose bleed. I paid $300.00 per ticket in NY but they were box seats.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the best place for this post but I didn’t think it warranted its own thread so I’ll leave it here

We just released Daren McFadden

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the best place for this post but I didn’t think it warranted its own thread so I’ll leave it here

It sure as fuck didn't. Good call on your part.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I never understood how Jerry sold all those PSLs. Don't think there are enough businesses willing to do it, so a lot of those had to be individuals.

Didn't Jerry finance them himself? That's probably the answer.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

lol, its like pulling teeth for that organization to let a guy go, always some bullshit going on behind the scenes, I hope he dropped f bombs on the jones clan and Garrett as he happily left the building screaming "free at last, free at last!!"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't Jerry finance them himself?

Not sure but if I had to speculate, he probably discounted the notes through a 3rd party so he could transfer the debt, get his cash and move on down the road. I suspect he holds some of the debt as well.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
lol, its like pulling teeth for that organization to let a guy go, always some bullshit going on behind the scenes, I hope he dropped f bombs on the jones clan and Garrett as he happily left the building screaming "free at last, free at last!!"

Yea this should have been done at the end of camp or preseason. I doubt any other team picks him up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We're sooooo far far behind the Patriots and Eagles it's criminal.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (video link), while Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has publicly supported head coach Jason Garrett and his staff, the players themselves are not so supportive. Last year’s NFC East champions are just 5-6 and are mired in a three-game losing streak during which they have looked lethargic and mediocre, and the players are frustrated that the coaching staff has not made proper adjustments to help resolve their issues.

For instance, Rapoport says players are angry that the coaching staff did not provide Chaz Green with enough blocking support when he filled in for injured left tackle Tyron Smith, and they are generally frustrated with the vanilla schemes on both sides of the football.

Cowboys Players Frustrated, Team To Make Several Moves

Top Bottom