dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CB Anthony Brown apparently being demoted, also talk that something could be changing at one of the safety positions, though Clapper didn't say which one.

Signed former Green Bay 1st rd pick DE Datone Jones. Also signed a RB off our practice squad, Trey Williams

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone checked on Dbair to see if he killed himself? I'm growing concerned.

Honestly I've gotten so indifferent that I didn't even get mad Thursday while sitting there watching this garbage.

They played the way I expected.

I just don't care anymore at this point. If Jones doesn't care enough about the players and ESPECIALLY the fans to find the absolute best HC and assistants to give this team the best chance to win every week, why should I care about his team?

I hate the league anyway at this point. This whole debacle with Zeke, the penalty garbage, boneheaded trash players with their protests, Goodell/Friel etc etc makes me want to beat the shit out of someone. Other than Cowboy games, I've hardly watched any NFL games this year and haven't missed it at all.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The debacle of the game itself aside, it's now been 33 or 34 quarters I think since the last holding call by another team's OL.

I think the mystery is solved, the cowboys are SO awful that teams dont even have to risk holding

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
While Philly has been really impressive this year, they'll need to do more than just 1 great yr for me to believe we're really "behind" them.
Jerry is the head of football ops, automatically means we are behind them.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is there a bigger waste at this point than Marshawn Lynch? Obviously doesnt to play, just wants a check.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If you think about it... jumping jacks is really nothing but clapping but with the entire body.

And you thought he wasnt a leader. Looks like most of the players arent following. BTW last time I did jumping jacks was elementary school gym class. I think that is the perfect place for him, teaching phys ed in elementary school. Just roll out the kick ball, tough fail at that.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't tell if the drunk sumbitch is just addled, or if he is being intentionally obtuse.

"I really do believe in the old San Francisco gold miner that quit right before the next pick, and the guy came behind him and hit it and found it all," Jones said. "So I think you keep going."

I took from this that he's saying he has to keep doubling down on Garrett, because as soon as he lets him leave he'll pull a Sean Payton and win a SB with another team?

In the same response he says he won't endorse the coaching, but has "full confidence" in it, and he won't fire Garrett because he's afraid the loser fuck will go on to another team and hit that jackpot?

He sounds schizophrenic.

Then by such reasoning, he might as well make Garrett "coach for life". Garrett could literally go 0-16, and he would not be in danger of losing his job because of the spirit of that stupid analogy. Nevermind, that no one else would be stupid enough to hire an 0-16 HC. Jerry would see the 0-16 as a good thing because he would point out as to how Jimmy went 1-15, and then 2 year later won his first Super Bowl.

I get what you are saying with Sean Payton, but the flaw to that is that Payton was a QB coach and OC for a total of 18 years before he got his crack at HC and it shows, compared to 6 years for Garrett and it shows.

Jerry had stated in the past that 500 coaches could have done what Jimmy Johnson did with the Cowboys, so he sets out to recreate the Cowboys like Jimmy did back in the 90's, and yet ends up with the one coach that wouldn't crack the 500 to coach them. He uses this San Fran gold miner analogy, but thing is... if any 500 coaches could have done what Jimmy had, then he should have no problem finding a replacement for Garrett, but then on the other hand... he ended up with Garrett --- someone from outside that 500.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the mystery is solved, the cowboys are SO awful that teams dont even have to risk holding

Except that after 8 weeks of the season, all the pass rushing metrics you can look at we ranked at or near the top of the league in virtually everything, and Demarcus Lawrence and David Irving have both played dominant football.

It's also out there plain as the nose on anyone's face for you to see in video. Teams are holding us plenty, and it isn't being called.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Vol fans and state officials apparently got Schiano run off before the plane ever landed.

ESPN reporting they yanked their deal over protests about Schiano from his days as a Penn State assistant.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So just how blatantly retarded are CZ fans?

They are rueing the losses of Wade Phillips, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne. A coach and players who were utter failures here.

Wade is a really good defensive coordinator who flamed out not once, not twice but THREE times as a Head Coach. If he had only failed here in Dallas, you could blame Jones. But he sucked in other places too.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Except that after 8 weeks of the season, all the pass rushing metrics you can look at we ranked at or near the top of the league in virtually everything, and Demarcus Lawrence and David Irving have both played dominant football.

It's also out there plain as the nose on anyone's face for you to see in video. Teams are holding us plenty, and it isn't being called.

all I can do is

QLz96_f-maxage-0.gif

I dont give a shit at this point,

I now want the team to get blown the fuck out every week by any means possible, I'd like to see them reel off 19+ straight losses in the most brutal fashion possible and I hope players start publicly saying they would never want to play for the jones clans cowboys, refuse to resign and even have a draft pick refuse to play here

SUCK, SUCK & SUCK to the point of absolute desperation is the only hope for changes that could actually result in the whole house cleaning required to bring back the winning tradition we all miss so much.

Even this won't likely change much but at least this kind of failure would cause just about everyone to roast the jones clan nonstop

Top Bottom