dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When Garrett was asked if he/the Cowboys are considering outright releasing Lucky he had this to say

"Oh, absolutely," he said firmly. "Depending on what the situation is, we’re gonna respond accordingly. Do what’s in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys."

I call utter bullshit on that and will only believe it when I see it

I kinda think its likely, but only because they know he wasn't making the team anyway unless several guys ahead of him had gotten hurt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oxnard CA, attending Training Camp

Lucky may just end up a casualty of image retention

With all the negativity and RKG hits the team has taken lately with Zeke's bull shit and Damien Wilsons assault charges the team may finally decide to take a stand and cut Lucky to make a point and save face

Unfortunately for Lucky he isn't talented enough to survive being the fall guy

Hopefully this spells the end for Lucky

But I doubt it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMZFI61UkAE3aAT.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll miss his jet sweeps and occasional fumbles. Mr. Switzer, you're up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fbc1c0f064c0ae00e8c5868ccfedbe16.jpg

LMAO!

I do believe!
I believe Garrett just grew his first pube and might be on his way into puberty

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus: DE Rotation, Jaylon Smith’s Work Among 9 Walkthrough Thoughts
Monday, July 24, 2017 6:01 PM CDT

OXNARD, Calif. – Even in Monday’s non-contact walkthrough, there was plenty to start learning about the Cowboys at training camp. Here are nine observations as camp gets underway:
There is nothing better than to watch Sean Lee communicate with his defensive teammates. Pre-snap, he was verbally identifying each offensive set while Dak Prescott and Travis Frederick were trying to counter his adjustments. For a walkthrough practice, there was some serious back and forth between all involved in order to get their guys in position to execute the play. It had a regular-season game feel to it.

I observed DeMarcus Lawrence, Benson Mayowa, Taco Charlton, Damontre Moore and Charles Tapper all take snaps at right defensive end in the walkthrough.
Really do like the quickness of Stephen Paea off the snap. This is the first opportunity we’ve had to see him live on the practice field. Paea is currently playing behind Cedric Thornton at the nose tackle.

James Hanna was running second tight end behind Jason Witten with Geoff Swaim backing them both up. Hanna missed the entire 2016 season with a knee injury. His movement was smooth and without any bit of labor. Having Hanna back in the lineup will make this club even better running the ball off the edge

Speaking of looking smooth, Jaylon Smith did a nice job in his morning work. I finally saw a bit of a burst that I was looking for. There was a snap where he had a carry a tight end in coverage and did so without issue. He also was able to close the hole on an edge run with some range.

Always funny to see a fullback get work because they are rarely used in this day and age, but not with this team. Keith Smith was able to prove his worth last season after making the transition from linebacker. Smith is not a stiff when it comes to a lead blocker. He has some pop to him and is not afraid to dig linebackers out of the hole. Hard-nosed player in every sense of the word.
With Jaylon Smith backing up Anthony Hitchens at MIKE, it appears that Mark Nzeocha is getting some work behind Damien Wilson at SAM. I also noticed that Kyle Wilber was getting work behind Sean Lee at the WILL. Newly-signed Justin Durant can play all three spots but he will need a few practices to get his elbow right and get into some football condition.

With rookie cornerback Jourdan Lewis missing practice to handle his court case in Michigan, Leon McFadden is playing in his position ahead of rookie Marquez White.
Liked what I saw from first-round pick Taco Charlton during drills. Quicker movements and hands. He struggled with that in the OTAs and minicamp practices. Hopefully that will translate to better pass ru

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LMAO!

I do believe!
I believe Garrett just grew his first pube and might be on his way into puberty
This was just to show dat mean ole Dale Hansen we hea in Dallas CUT dem dumb playas!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do concur sir

I think he's going to be a more dynamic Cole Beasley

He will be mr. Gadget and our return guy

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This kid is gonna be pretty good I think.

As long as he doesn't fuck it up. He's been friends with Zeke since HS so hopefully we won't have two of them running around Uptown.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In watching today's training camp on tv I am not noticing any drop foot on Smith. They are focusing in on him so we seem to be getting a good look at his movement

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In watching today's training camp on tv I am not noticing any drop foot on Smith. They are focusing in on him so we seem to be getting a good look at his movement
Hope springs eternal for The Gimp. Shall we start calling him "Forrest Gimp?"

Did you let the fucking BRACE he is wearing mask the drop foot? Visually, that's what it does. Oh wait, the BRACE is just cosmetic, or just for safety, right?

Fuck.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL

Zoners saying Lucky Whitehead is a "scapegoat" now and some acting like he is a victim or something.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lucky has fucked up enough times on his own the last couple seasons to get himself cut. he made it really easy for ginger yesterday.

what i don't understand is the media saying switzer is perfect for the "dunbar role." someone please tell me what the dunbar role is besides constantly being injured and unavailable.

that comment is not to take anything away from switzer because i really hope he's half as good as the hype-train is making him out to be.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"When you have someone in your program, in this environment, in this structure, and they don't grow and develop and they make the same mistakes over and over again, it's time to move on." --- Jason Garrett

:errr

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"When you have someone in your program, in this environment, in this structure, and they don't grow and develop and they make the same mistakes over and over again, it's time to move on." --- Jason Garrett

:errr

time for garrett to take a look in the mirror after that comment

Top Bottom