cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Funny, now I'm reading there might be interest in Escobar from the Lions.

He was a 2nd round pick, my guess is his value is around 4th round now at best, minus the Jerry Tax, carry the two, we will get a 6th round pick for him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Escobar tore his Achilles in December and he's ready to play again? surprising.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He was a 2nd round pick, my guess is his value is around 4th round now at best, minus the Jerry Tax, carry the two, we will get a 6th round pick for him.

Combining the Jerry Tax with his recent injury (and no Matt Millen) Dallas may have to include a 5th rounder just to take Escobar.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Escobar tore his Achilles in December and he's ready to play again? surprising.

Not just ready to play, he caught a TD pass from Romo in the practice on Friday.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
At this rate he might be the odd man out

I doubt it. We'll keep those 4 and stash Geathers on PS.

The club really loves Hanna's ability to block in-line. Escobar and Swaim aren't good at it. Or even passing good at it.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

The club really loves Hanna's ability to block in-line. Escobar and Swaim aren't good at it. Or even passing good at it.

Trying to remember who said Escobar had improved his blocking from non existent to just lousy.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

From what I've been reading/hearing Swaim's blocking has been much improved this year. So you think they will keep 4 TE's instead of 4 RB's or 6 WR's?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
From what I've been reading/hearing Swaim's blocking has been much improved this year. So you think they will keep 4 TE's instead of 4 RB's or 6 WR's?

Escobar has the ability to line up at WR so I doubt they keep 6 WRS.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
From what I've been reading/hearing Swaim's blocking has been much improved this year.
I mean, that's about all Swaim did in college, at Texas. He was a blocker primarily, not a receiver. So blocking should be his stock in trade. (One would think.)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, that's about all Swaim did in college, at Texas. He was a blocker primarily, not a receiver. So blocking should be his stock in trade. (One would think.)

That's what they said drew their interest, but it was obvious he just wasn't big/strong enough last yr for the NFL game.

He does look noticeably bigger this year. DC.com has him at 260 (that might be a stretch) but the difference is definitely noticeable.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

We use a lot of 2 TE sets, so yeah, I think it's likely that we keep 4.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Yea but when they drafted him last year everyone said it was his ability as a receiver that really caught their eye. Texas didn't use him as a receiver but the skill is there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yea but when they drafted him last year everyone said it was his ability as a receiver that really caught their eye. Texas didn't use him as a receiver but the skill is there.
He's got the tools, he just needs to bulk up a bit more and learn the better techniques the pros use. Definitely has great hands, he's rangy and looks like a possibility of a Novacek-type.

Top Bottom