cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How he has managed to stay in the league as long as he has is beyond me. Complete pos player.

All he does is make plays.

Hahahahahahahaha. Superpunk used to battle for this guy, like lose his shit fight over him. Sucked, sucks, will suck.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't he have hip surgery or something last yr? I'm not sure what the rehab for that is, but I'm sure it probably limited the amount of running he could do.

Might have something to do with it because at UF he didn't look out of shape.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Didn't he have hip surgery or something last yr? I'm not sure what the rehab for that is, but I'm sure it probably limited the amount of running he could do.

Might have something to do with it because at UF he didn't look out of shape.

LAST year. So there is no excuse THIS year.

Reaction score
Scout's Notebook: Swaim's Strong Camp, Rodney Smith Shows Up; More | Dallas Cowboys

So Brian Broaddus "Scouts Notebook"notes included this:

Creative design from Scott Linehan to get Terrance Williams the ball inside the five yard line. Williams lined up wide right and came in motion to create a bunch look with Cole Beasley and Jason Witten. Dez Bryant was lined up tight left and came underneath, running hard to his right. Alfred Morris was the lone back and he sprinted to his right to draw the defense with him. Williams and Witten worked to the left, crossing with Bryant. It appeared that the defense was drawn to the crossing Bryant -- which allowed Williams to sneak behind the coverage and become wide open over the ball. Romo saw what was happening in the development of the route and fired the ball inside for the easy score. Pretty design that was well-executed.

I know I sound like I complain about the same thing all the time, but I'm telling you, that the reason Broaddus is highlighting this at all is, it's a novelty for Garrett's offense to have integrated patterns. Most other team in the league just call these plays all day especially the WCO teams (and when the Patriots used the pick plays every week last year), but since Dallas runs plays that focus on patterns that are exclusive to the WR beating the DB and the safety coverage, the "design" that Linehan made is very rare. But most NfL teams don't need to make a big deal about their Xs and Os efforts because it's their whole playbook.

And by the way, the only value I see to keeping T-Willy (my other constant whine) is to get him the ball on a high percentage short pass and let him run. This play was perfect for him. His anxiety keeps him from hand catching but his anxiety also makes him almost impossible to catch in the open field.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The TE situation has been pretty interesting. Obviously Witten is the starter and has looked good in camp. Escobar has come back really early and also has made some plays. Even Swaim looks like he could be a very solid TE for us. The one guy I haven't heard a peep from is Hanna. I know he's still in team but I haven't seen his name mentioned at all this camp.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Funny, now I'm reading there might be interest in Escobar from the Lions.

Top Bottom