Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Even after a bye week Zeke still is the leading rusher in the league! Now that's dominant play

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Problem is, once the season starts the backups get almost no reps. So unless the coaches make some kind of special effort (like Parcells did letting Romo run the scout team), it's hard to make any headway.

Part of me almost wonders if the Rams are fine with Keenum struggling so when Goff does go in there isn't as much bashing of him if he does get off to a rough start. Dbair's fave coach just got that extension so it's not like he has to win now to keep his job.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't see it....empty?
Yep...

Cvemf83UAAA1UQt.jpg:small

Reaction score
I wonder how Goff would be doing in Dallas if the Cowboys had managed to draft him instead of Dak.

Goff's ability to throw the long ball with accuracy could have been an interesting fit on a team that often provides remarkable pass protection.

Prescott has been outstanding, of course, but I don't think it is crazy to believe that one or more of the other high potential QBs in the past draft could have performed quite well given the opportunities that were presented to Prescott.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If the Rams has taken Wentz, and if Bridgewater never got injured, the Eagles would be so screwed right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see it....empty?

Yep. They estimated it might have been around 50% capacity at best. They have several crowd shots in that link I shared, it looks like a preseason game. And that was at the beginning and later in the first half.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
watching Osweiller makes me appreciate having a QB who can move

Reaction score
The fact that Denver wouldn't match for a couple million should have been a HUGE red flag for every other team in the league. Denver's front office knows what they're doing. Houston's clearly doesn't...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's what they said tonight. They thought they had to hurry to sign him and they did it all through the agent. Only person Osweiler even talked to with Houston was Hopkins, who shared the same agent.

They were so burned by not having a qb last year they panicked and made a massive mistake.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's what they said tonight. They thought they had to hurry to sign him and they did it all through the agent. Only person Osweiler even talked to with Houston was Hopkins, who shared the same agent.

They were so burned by not having a qb last year they panicked and made a massive mistake.

amazing that this level of ineptitude exists at that level

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder how Goff would be doing in Dallas if the Cowboys had managed to draft him instead of Dak.

Goff's ability to throw the long ball with accuracy could have been an interesting fit on a team that often provides remarkable pass protection.

Prescott has been outstanding, of course, but I don't think it is crazy to believe that one or more of the other high potential QBs in the past draft could have performed quite well given the opportunities that were presented to Prescott.

All the local reports state that Goff is struggling with the mental side of the game. That and he still hasn't been able to take snaps under center without screwing up

Reaction score
All the local reports state that Goff is struggling with the mental side of the game. That and he still hasn't been able to take snaps under center without screwing up

I've heard a couple times now that he's literally an idiot. Like Claiborne/Dez type of idiot. Which is fine if you don't have to be a QB.

Again, do teams really talk to these people or just get caught up in the hype...

Reaction score

Has there ever been a back up QB for one team, who signed a big money free agent deal with another team, and ended up being successful with that new team?

Seems like a lot of teams get Scott Mitchell'd yet never learn.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've heard a couple times now that he's literally an idiot. Like Claiborne/Dez type of idiot. Which is fine if you don't have to be a QB.

Again, do teams really talk to these people or just get caught up in the hype...

That's pretty much the story

I don't know if you saw Hard Knocks with the Rams but on one of the episodes they asked him what direction the sun rises and sets and he had no idea .

I just looked up his wonderlick score and he scored a 36 whereas Wentz scored a 40. So he is definitely on the high side of the scale and has scored higher than some of the great QB's of the past.

For comparisons sake Romo scored a 37

Eli Manning 39
Aron Rogers 35
Steve young 33
Tom Brady 33
Zeke 32
Troy Aikman 29
Drew Brees 28
Peyton Manning 28
Ryan Leaf 27
Carson Palmer 26
Geno Smith 24
RGIII 24
Conner Cook 25
Dak Prescott 25
Ben Rothlisberger 25
Bret Favre 22

On the other side of the scale you have Vince Young at 6
Mo Clairborn 4
Frank Gore 6
Deforest Buckner 9
Jeff George 10
Derelle Revis 10
Keyshawn Johnson 11
Ray Lewis 13
Julio Jones 15
Terry Bradshaw 15
Jim Kelly 15
Dez Bryant 16
Le'veon Bell 17

So as you can see a higher score doesn't necessarily mean success in the NFL at all positions. But it tends to be more important for a QB than any other position. But not every successful QB had a high score. See Bradshaw, Rothlisberger and Favre for examples.

Dak's score did surprise me at only 25! Considering that Mooch said that Dak had the 2nd best football smarts right behind Wentz (40) when he met with them all for the show Game Changers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom