ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He does look very good. Hard to believe he didn't even really play in preseason.

One thing I notice is even as big as he is, he has some quickness to him. Cousins yesterday looked like everything he did was in molasses.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I gotta say, Wentz is getting knocked around like a rag doll. Welcome to the NFL rookie

With that said he seems to be handling the hard hits extremely well. Much better than I would like from our rivals future QB. He seems to be a sturdy kid

He's taking a fair amount of shots down field. The kid looks better than I would like him to.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The kid looks better than I would like him to.

me too

unfortunately the traits he's exhibiting are similar to the ones that give me hope for Dak

Its amazing that this guy seemingly came out of no where from a small division school and looks to be able to step right into the NFL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wentz definitely looks like the real deal. The Eagles got lucky beyond believe multiple times this offseason. First with stupid Rams taking Goff, then with stupid Browns trying to outsmart everyone with the trade down multiple times garbage and think they can make something of RGknucklehead. Then the damn Vikings gifting them a 1st and 4th for a guy the Eagles coaches didn't want anyway.

Oh and great job John Fox "icing" that kicker. Dude sux his whole career on 50+ yarders, he does the "ice" TO, lets him get a mulligan after missing way wide right and then comes back to nail the one that counts.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He does look very good. Hard to believe he didn't even really play in preseason.

One thing I notice is even as big as he is, he has some quickness to him. Cousins yesterday looked like everything he did was in molasses.

He rarely played at a lower level of competition too. It's not like a Romo or Garrappolo starting 30 + games in college.

It's amazing how the Eagles were able to recoup the 1st round pick that they lost to move up for him.

This also illustrates how bullshit the idea that a rookie QB needs to sit and learn is. You can usually tell right away if a QB has it or not; and Wentz definitely has it.

BTW Kirk Cousins is Jeff George.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Damn, the ESPN crew is really pumping up Wentz, Steve Young is particularly impressed

hope they're wrong but Young is no idiot when it comes to the QB position

Wentz has actually played really well. He just needs to keep from getting himself killed. One of the things I really like about Dak is that he will use his legs when they play is just not there but he's smart enough to slide.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
don't count on them playing this shitty next week

I think having Brian Hoyer in there actually gives them a better shot against the Cowboys. I was kind of looking forward to going against Cutler.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wentz has actually played really well. He just needs to keep from getting himself killed. One of the things I really like about Dak is that he will use his legs when they play is just not there but he's smart enough to slide.

No kidding, I think Wentz took more direct hits in one half than Dak has taken in all his snaps.

Wentz looks like he's better at getting the ball down field so far and has looked pretty amazing overall, if I didn't know, I would never think he was a rookie

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No kidding, I think Wentz took more direct hits in one half than Dak has taken in all his snaps.

Wentz looks like he's better at getting the ball down field so far and has looked pretty amazing overall, if I didn't know, I would never think he was a rookie

Not to mention he doesn't look like a 1 year starter from a pretty small school too. Dak at least played a major program against major competition, and was a 3 year starter. I had a feeling Wentz would be good but damn!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hoyer starting against us is far better than Cutler. Cutler kills people when he gets no pass rush and he has the arm to make huge plays downfield, and throwing deep downfield is clearly the biggest weakness on the defense. Hoyer doesn't have that kind of arm.

Top Bottom