Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Goff seems like a timid dude

I'm really shocked at how inept he looks. I get it that he was harassed all night and the Ram's OL was putrid but he just seems to lack any vision, arm strength, pocket awareness and just generally stares down his receivers. The difference between Goff and Wentz are night and day. How could professional talent evaporators get this so wrong?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh rookie pass rushers usually dont produce much. Particularly ones with backs made of paper mache. Worst case Collins could maybe be the run blocking TE.

I wouldn't have any real expectations for Tapper either, but its at least encouraging for his future. His situation was starting to look like one of those "career over" type deals. At least he appears to be on track for OTA's and mini camp.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really shocked at how inept he looks. I get it that he was harassed all night and the Ram's OL was putrid but he just seems to lack any vision, arm strength, pocket awareness and just generally stares down his receivers. The difference between Goff and Wentz are night and day.

Yeah I said the other day this guy might be the absolute worst #1 overall pick QB I've seen since I started watching football. Not all of them pan out and some develop over time obviously, but as far as just looking downright dreadful, this guy might take the cake right now. He looks like a rookie free agent scrub.

How could professional talent evaporators get this so wrong?

LOL

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Rams oughta call Trestman. He can develop a young QB. Goff has some serious accuracy issues among other things.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rams oughta call Trestman. He can develop a young QB. Goff has some serious accuracy issues among other things.

Trestman is awful dude. He's been fired from 100 jobs.

You want a Marc Trestman on the Giants, Redskins or Eagles staffs. I'll help load up his stuff and drive him there if they'd hire him.

Reaction score
Goff needs work but he plays for a terribl team, with a nonexistent coaching staff. I'm not gonna judge him too harshly for a couple of years. Not that I give af about the Rams though.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trestman is awful dude. He's been fired from 100 jobs.

You want a Marc Trestman on the Giants, Redskins or Eagles staffs. I'll help load up his stuff and drive him there if they'd hire him.

I am talking strictly QB coach, he does nothing else well.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually didn't think Goff looked that bad. He was going against an excellent defense and he doesn't have much in the way of receivers. Hard to believe Kenny Britt is the best they've got.

I did like how he moved around in the pocket most times when he got some pressure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Goff needs work but he plays for a terribl team, with a nonexistent coaching staff. I'm not gonna judge him too harshly for a couple of years. Not that I give af about the Rams though.

That's not what folks like you said the past few years...it was "all they need is a QB and look out!!!!!!!" ...."super bowl team!!!!!"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually didn't think Goff looked that bad. He was going against an excellent defense and he doesn't have much in the way of receivers. Hard to believe Kenny Britt is the best they've got.

I did like how he moved around in the pocket most times when he got some pressure.

I guess compared to his other games maybe, but he was still pretty lousy last night.

With what they gave up to get him this could potentially go down as the worst draft pick in NFL history if he doesn't vastly improve.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Reaction score
WR Dez Bryant (back) & LB Sean Lee (knee) are both listed as questionable for Sunday after being limited in practice. Both expected to play.

Top Bottom