yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see how. He had the best OL in football and still got hurt, multiple times last year. I don't care who's coaching you, if you cant take a hit you cant take a hit. And he's more likely to get hit more often there (and probably just about anywhere else)

Ah hell, I don't know, I was just spit balling thinking those two could get through to Romo to throw the ball away when the play isn't there, get rid of the slow developing plays that I've heard Garret has here and pass along their wisdom/experience to create an offense that gets the ball out quick and exposes Romo less

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't see how. He had the best OL in football and still got hurt, multiple times last year. I don't care who's coaching you, if you cant take a hit you cant take a hit. And he's more likely to get hit more often there (and probably just about anywhere else)

Yeah, people don't understand just how bad the Denver Oline is. Last night the Chiefs were all up in that backfield, forcing Siemien to run around on nearly 30% of his snaps.

Romo can't take hits, much less scramble around like that to evade the pressure. He looks like a crab when he has to move around.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Every time I see Witten run it looks like he is stumbling along at half speed

But he still gets the yards

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, people don't understand just how bad the Denver Oline is. Last night the Chiefs were all up in that backfield, forcing Siemien to run around on nearly 30% of his snaps.

Romo can't take hits, much less scramble around like that to evade the pressure. He looks like a crab when he has to move around.
Yeah, I watch Denver a lot and their OL is pretty terrible. Almost as bad as Minny's. They're only able to do anything because Kubiak is a great offensive coach, plus of course that defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
TE, don't you think at least for THIS week you could get rid of that ridiculous Viking pic?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Welp, a win Thursday and TB loss or Giant win essentially locks a playoff spot for us.

Need to win the next 2 games to clinch division.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Redskins only 4th team since 1940 to lose when having 500 yards of total offense.

I think people need to look at the 500+ yards the Redskins put up, in proper context.

500 yards... 449 of it was through the air, 56 of it on the ground. 56 yards rushing on 19 carries. 2.9 ypc. Cousins threw the ball 53 times, damn right, he should have had over 400 yard when he's throwing it that much. The Redskins were playing from behind the entire time after the Cowboys scored on the opening drive. What gets lost in all of this is that the Redskins were shut down for 3 quarters, and only scored their first TD in the 4th quarter. Obviously the Cowboys' defense was doing something right for at least those first three quarters.

449 passing yards + 56 rushing yards is not impressive.

355 passing yards + 150 rushing yards however is, and likely would have won the game.

Simply put, Cousins put up those numbers because the Redskins could not run the ball; and oftentimes that is a recipe for a loss when there is such a lopsided pass/run ratio.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
a defense that gives up a shitload of yards when it didn't have to respect the run is even more of an indictment

Reaction score
a defense that gives up a shitload of yards when it didn't have to respect the run is even more of an indictment
Yeah, but you always see a secondary soften up when the defense has a big lead. Where it's a real indictment is on the pass rush. They should have been able to pin their ears back and get some sacks, but we have no pass rushers.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, but you always see a secondary soften up when the defense has a big lead. Where it's a real indictment is on the pass rush. They should have been able to pin their ears back and get some sacks, but we have no pass rushers.

Brown letting Jackson run past him despite no pump fake and no other receiver in the area is not the fault of a substandard pass rush

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brown letting Jackson run past him despite no pump fake and on other receiver in the area is not the fault of a substandard pass rush

Indeed. Brown is a rookie though. All the same, you don't do that with Jackson.

Top Bottom