Reaction score
Can Sunday Night Football opening theme keep getting any worse with the chicken legged Cary Underwood honky tonk howling that corny song and playing patty cake with players. This league just keeps trying to create ways to make it look more wussified.

The league maxed out the wussification when pussy-pink month became the rule every year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just ask Del Rio in Oakland! Ballsy call to go for 2 with seconds left for the win instead of 1 for the tie!!!!

All I could think as I watched the Raiders win is Garrett would never even consider making that call. Ever!

really? That seems right in his wheelhouse

sarcasm

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Garrett and ever made a call like that I'd think he was drunk or hit his head In the locker room at halftime

He plays to not loose instead of to win. Zero balls at all.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I feel bad that Williams fucked up Dak's chance to win his first game

It's gotta be frustrating to have your shot at getting your first win as a pro taken away by some idiot

It's not all Williams' fault. That same finger can be pointed at Dez and Beasley too. Both dropped sure TD's. Either one is the point difference that cost the win. The degree of difficulty on Dez's was higher but if he's going to hoot and holler and "throw up the X" then those are the plays he's supposed to make. And Beasley would have ran in untouched if he catches his.

The one bright side is that Dak played well enough to win.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And Butler will be named the #2 WR for next week

So it's not all bad

The biggest take away from the Game for me is that Dak seems to be the real thing. The preseason performance doesn't seem to be a fluke

He didn't perform up to that same level but at least we can see that the skill and poise is there

He will only get better over the season. I'm sure he will have tough times. But it will be good experience to get him ready to take over from Romo

Hopefully sooner rather than later

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear how Dak is coming along (to deflect blame from coaching) and how Garrett is proud of them for fighting til the very end.

The defense is bad. The team is the spitting image of their coach, a lot of talk but never coming through when it matters. How do the players not know to get out of bounds there?

Also, nice fucking stadium Jerry. I hope they shove pineapples up your ass in hell.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any news on Scandrick?

I haven't heard what or how severe it was. Nothing is showing up anywhere

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And Butler will be named the #2 WR for next week

So it's not all bad

The biggest take away from the Game for me is that Dak seems to be the real thing. The preseason performance doesn't seem to be a fluke

He didn't perform up to that same level but at least we can see that the skill and poise is there

He will only get better over the season. I'm sure he will have tough times. But it will be good experience to get him ready to take over from Romo

Hopefully sooner rather than later

Dak did look very good. Like you said, it wasn't the level he played in preseason but this was a real defense scheming for him. He handled it well and played well enough to win. I think Romo coming back mid season is actually really going to help him (if he's playing good or bad).

Both Dez and Beasley dropped TD's. Either would have won this game. With a defense this horrible the Cowboys can't afford to make mistakes like that. They HAVE to make those plays in order for this team to win.

The coaching also screwed us in this game. All off season we have been hearing about how they plan to move Dez around more. They even showed it in the pre season. We saw screens being thrown against aggressive defenses (Seattle). We saw back shoulder fades being thrown with success. We even saw Elliott being run to the outside using his speed and cut back ability. We saw none of that called in this game. Well actually I remember 3 outside runs for Zeke. 1 went for a loss, 1 went for about 8 yards and the other went for a TD. No matter how good Dak plays this kind of coaching will kill us every time.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not sure Beasley's drop was a TD there. He had to slow down to adjust for the pass because Dak had a rusher in his face.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak did look very good. Like you said, it wasn't the level he played in preseason but this was a real defense scheming for him. He handled it well and played well enough to win. I think Romo coming back mid season is actually really going to help him (if he's playing good or bad).

Both Dez and Beasley dropped TD's. Either would have won this game. With a defense this horrible the Cowboys can't afford to make mistakes like that. They HAVE to make those plays in order for this team to win.

The coaching also screwed us in this game. All off season we have been hearing about how they plan to move Dez around more. They even showed it in the pre season. We saw screens being thrown against aggressive defenses (Seattle). We saw back shoulder fades being thrown with success. We even saw Elliott being run to the outside using his speed and cut back ability. We saw none of that called in this game. Well actually I remember 3 outside runs for Zeke. 1 went for a loss, 1 went for about 8 yards and the other went for a TD. No matter how good Dak plays this kind of coaching will kill us every time.

That's the problem, in preseason there is nothing on the line so Garrett can call plays like that because it doesn't matter if he wins or looses. In the regular season he is way to conservative.

Like I said Garrett is playing not to lose instead of showing some balls and going for the win.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's the problem, in preseason there is nothing on the line so Garrett can call plays like that because it doesn't matter if he wins or looses. In the regular season he is way to conservative.

Like I said Garrett is playing not to lose instead of showing some balls and going for the win.

It just fucking kills me. He has all these weapons at his disposal, why not use them? They didn't even run that reverse that they use with Lucky. I know a lot of people (especially here) are ragging on Elliott because he didn't show up looking like Earl Campbell but make no mistake, the kid has talent. Find plays that get him out in space. Run a couple screens. Run a couple sweeps and pull Martin or Collins (both are excellent at pulling). It just doesn't seem that difficult to me.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure Beasley's drop was a TD there. He had to slow down to adjust for the pass because Dak had a rusher in his face.

He was at the 3 yard line when it hit him in the hands. Worst case scenario he could have gotten to at least the 1 if he caught it and fell towards the goal line. Know him though he probably would have started running back only to get tackled at the 5.

Top Bottom