dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rumor is a 1st rd graded CB from SEC failed the drug test at combine.

Would think that has to be Vernon Hargreaves but guess we'll see.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS · 21m21 minutes ago

If you switched Hackenberg and Wentz, and Hackenberg played at North Dakota State — he might go higher. Seriously

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From DMN:

Myles Jack is considered by most to be the best linebacker in this year's draft class. He's expected to be a top 10 pick, but it doesn't appear he'll be the Cowboys choice at No. 4.

Jack has not been one of the Cowboys' 30 pre-draft visitors, but he said that he met with Dallas at the scouting combine in February.

During a Thursday interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Jack was asked about getting drafted as high as fourth overall by the Cowboys.

"That would be amazing," Jack said. "I'd love to play for America's Team."

Although some teams are concerned with Jack's surgically-repaired knee, the former UCLA standout said his knee is fine.

"I have no issues with it. I'm not worried about it at all," Jack said. "I'm just focused on getting in shape right now, honestly.

"I honestly don't know where these reports are coming from. Me personally, as far as my knee goes, it's absolutely fine. I've been working out for teams. I think you guys have seen the videos and stuff, so on my end, everything is fine. I don't know if this is a smokescreen or whatever it is. At the end of the day, whoever wants to take me will take me, so I'm not worried about it."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Possible Pick: Ronald Blair Offers Pass Rush Ability In Middle Rounds

Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:29 AM CDT
By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

(Editor’s Note: With just one month until the start of the 2016 NFL Draft on April 28, the staff of DallasCowboys.com intends to preview the landscape of possible Cowboys draft picks – from the top of the first round to the bottom of the talent pool. Today’s featured player is Appalachian State defensive end Ronald Blair.)

Name: Ronald Blair

Position: DE

College: Appalachian State

Height/Weight: 6-2/284

Honors: With 70 tackles, 19 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks on the season, Blair was named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year, as well as first-team All-Sun Belt after his final season with the Mountaineers.

Key Stat: Given Appalachian State’s “small school status,” there’s bound to be questions about Blair’s ability against top competition. Pop in the tape of his performance against national runner-up Clemson, where he racked up eight tackles, two sacks and two tackles for loss.

Where He’s Projected: Blair isn’t considered one of the premier talents in this crop of pass rushers, but he might be the “best of the rest,” so to speak. He doesn’t have first-round athleticism, but his size and power – plus his extensive experience as a four-year starter – make him appealing. It’s a good guess that he’s a Day 2 draft pick, going somewhere between the end of the second round and the middle of the third.

How He Helps the Cowboys: He obviously fits the bill as an addition to the pass rush, and Blair is probably more polished than a lot of his counterparts in this draft. He’s got four years of starting experience, and he’s also got ideal size to hold up against the pounding that NFL linemen take on a play-by-play basis. Again, he’s not the type of freakish talent that would grab a Day 1 starting spot, but he’d be a welcome addition to this defensive end rotation.

Scout’s Take: Plays with some initial quickness. Will work down the line and find the ball. Length to shed blockers. Plays with balance. Changes direction well. Power to split double team. Can bend as a rusher. Used on the twist. Has some strength in his hands. Wrap up tackler-finisher. Violent player. Can capture the corner. Plays with a burst. Can cover some ground when after the ball. Unique ability to rush the passer and play the run. Was not a highly recruited player but showed up well against very good competition. Has a ton of ability. Ideal size and ability for the position. -- Bryan Broaddus

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus mentioned this guy today. Also some rumblings locally we've checked him out. UGA moved him all over the place and he actually played ILB quite a bit. They should have left him as an edge rusher as much as possible.

[video=youtube;Lu4aqlerDgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu4aqlerDgc[/video]

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS · 21m21 minutes ago

If you switched Hackenberg and Wentz, and Hackenberg played at North Dakota State — he might go higher. Seriously

If your photoshop skills are up to snuff, your old sig could be back in play

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is anyone else like meh/blah over this draft and basically the offseason? Been this way, since we decided not to cut Garrett. I really just do not care.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody really talks about this guy for us, but he's kinda interesting as maybe a 2nd/early 3rd rd option if he made it that far.

[video=youtube;CZl7DwSGMx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZl7DwSGMx8[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, if he isn't a concern off the field we'd be foolish to not strongly consider him. Lives on the other side of the LOS and disrupts tons of plays. Really powerful tackler too. Seems to be just as effective rushing inside as he is outside, so you can easily move him around on passing downs.

[video=youtube;e5SgHCFwKpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5SgHCFwKpI[/video]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone know how much of our $7.9 mil that we still have left in cap space needs to be reserved to sign the #4 overall pick?

Is there some sort of calculation to use or does it depend on position?

We are getting thin in cap space. We might have to cut Carr just to sign our rookies. Oh shucks lol

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone else like meh/blah over this draft and basically the offseason? Been this way, since we decided not to cut Garrett. I really just do not care.

The draft is one of my favorite sporting events. Love watching it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know how much of our $7.9 mil that we still have left in cap space needs to be reserved to sign the #4 overall pick?

Is there some sort of calculation to use or does it depend on position?

We are getting thin in cap space. We might have to cut Carr just to sign our rookies. Oh shucks lol

Draft picks salary/salary cap numbers are slotted now.

We'll have plenty of money to sign our picks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_7.14.37_AM.0.png

He doesn't turn 21 till July. Still has some growing to do. Could probably play at 285 pretty easily and not lose any quickness from where he is now.

By the way, Watt had 11 1/2 sacks in TWO seasons, total. Like Bosa though, he had a ton of tackles for loss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda wonder about Buckeye LB Josh Perry for us too. Can obviously play SOLB, but he might be a fit in our scheme at MLB too. Clearly big enough and is a pretty good athlete for a LB his size.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Interesting.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_7.14.37_AM.0.png

He doesn't turn 21 till July. Still has some growing to do. Could probably play at 285 pretty easily and not lose any quickness from where he is now.

By the way, Watt had 11 1/2 sacks in TWO seasons, total. Like Bosa though, he had a ton of tackles for loss.

Do we know the weight comparison?

Top Bottom