dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Albert Breer
✔ ‎‎@AlbertBreer

Dug a little -- Per sources, issue for UCLA LB Myles Jack is a chondral defect in his right knee. Problem it'll be for him is up for debate.

5:19 PM - 24 Apr 2016

Albert Breer
✔ ‎‎@AlbertBreer

Jack's defect may or may not be a result of his September injury. He can play with it. Whether it'll affect career length is the question.

5:24 PM - 24 Apr 2016

Albert Breer
✔ ‎‎@AlbertBreer

... At any rate, I do know teams outside the Top 10 have been scrambling to do more background on Myles Jack, bc he may now fall to them.

5:25 PM - 24 Apr 2016

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
4/24/16, 6:42 PM
Trade inquiries into the No. 3 pick & the No. 4 pick have cooled considerably since the #Eagles move. Seems many are content to stick & pick

-------------------------------------------------

Not a surprise since QB's will be going 1 & 2. Even if Tunsil is there at 4 I don't expect many offers. I still fully expect the Chargers to take Ramsey. So looks like it will be between Bosa or Elliott with no offers good enough to trade down.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
IF the two QBs go as most believe, I think SD will make the decision based on what they think they currently have at LT. IF they think he can be good enough they take Ramsey. If they think he is too much of a risk they take Tunsil.

If they take Ramsey, then I think we might get a decent offer for someone that wants Tunsil. I hope we take it.

IF they take Tunsil, we might get a decent offer from someone that wants Ramsey. Then we have to decide whether to take Ramsey ourselves or trade out. Since I think we already have our FS in Jones, I hope we trade out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems more and more believe the choice at 4 is Bosa, Ramsey or Elliott. Almost a foregone conclusion now one of those guys is going to be a Cowboy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus mentioned the other day that the Cowboys were taking a hard look at Leonard Floyd if he made it to 34.

Today, multiple people reporting Floyd will go top-10 in the draft, maybe 5th overall to Jacksonville.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Broaddus mentioned the other day that the Cowboys were taking a hard look at Leonard Floyd if he made it to 34.

Today, multiple people reporting Floyd will go top-10 in the draft, maybe 5th overall to Jacksonville.

Yea Floyd will likely go in the top half of the 1st round. He still looks more like a 3/4 OLB thank a true 4/3 DE.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ok I'll recap a little bit:

Jerry flatly says we're more likely to stay at #4 and draft than trade down.

Garrett still preaching character. :jerkoff

Best player or need? Answer: Best player

Jerry says Bosa's "character" issue will not be an issue as far as us drafting him. Very definitively stated.

On FA: Steve giving himself props on FA. Says he thinks they did a great job there.

Jerry seems unusually testy. Like he wishes he didn't even have to do this PC.

Jerry says durability will be considered. Ability means nothing without availability.

Garrett actually claiming we've drafted great character players the last several years and that this team has as great a character as he's ever seen. :jerkoff Still touting 2015 scratching clawing fighting.

Jerry: Couldn't tell you what we'd have done at QB without the two big trades for the top two picks this year. I probably couldn't tell you the morning of the draft.

Do you have to have a RB? Jerry: No. We don't need one. Think MackFadden and Dunbar, etc can do the job.

Says we're in a different draft world than back in 91-92 when we had so many more picks than anyone else. Picks are more precious and have to play earlier than before.

Fisher asks if devaluation of RB plays into thinking with Elliott or anyone else? Steve: Yes I think it does.

Steve: Elliott is a top-10 player. Everyone seems to think so.

Jerry: There is a huge difference between putting it on a back with no carries vs one that has had 5-6 years workload in the NFL.

(Sounds to this reporter like Steve doesn't like Elliott (or RB) as much as Jerry does... Confirmation of Rynie's story?)

Jerry mentions Ramsey as great practice player... Got suspended because he was too rough on his own player. (This was in response to a David Moore Q about rebuilding the D-line.)

Q: Is your roster closer to 12-4 than 4-12? Jerry: YES. Definitely yes.

Jerry: Happy with Steven's management of cap. We don't huge amounts of room, but enough to go get something if we need it.

Jerry to leading question from Charene Williams about feeling better with Scandrick, Romo, Dez back... Yes, that makes a big difference in thinking we're more 12-4 than 4-12. And Dunbar too. We will have some injuries; everyone does. But those are all winning players.

Steve: When deciding between two closely-ranked players, you do consider if a position is deeper so you can get a good player later.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ok I'll recap a little bit:

Jerry flatly says we're more likely to stay at #4 and draft than trade down.

Garrett still preaching character. :jerkoff

Best player or need? Answer: Best player

Jerry says Bosa's "character" issue will not be an issue as far as us drafting him. Very definitively stated.

On FA: Steve giving himself props on FA. Says he thinks they did a great job there.

Jerry seems unusually testy. Like he wishes he didn't even have to do this PC.

Jerry says durability will be considered. Ability means nothing without availability.

Garrett actually claiming we've drafted great character players the last several years and that this team has as great a character as he's ever seen. :jerkoff Still touting 2015 scratching clawing fighting.

Jerry: Couldn't tell you what we'd have done at QB without the two big trades for the top two picks this year. I probably couldn't tell you the morning of the draft.

Do you have to have a RB? Jerry: No. We don't need one. Think MackFadden and Dunbar, etc can do the job.

Says we're in a different draft world than back in 91-92 when we had so many more picks than anyone else. Picks are more precious and have to play earlier than before.

Fisher asks if devaluation of RB plays into thinking with Elliott or anyone else? Steve: Yes I think it does.

Steve: Elliott is a top-10 player. Everyone seems to think so.

Jerry: There is a huge difference between putting it on a back with no carries vs one that has had 5-6 years workload in the NFL.

(Sounds to this reporter like Steve doesn't like Elliott (or RB) as much as Jerry does... Confirmation of Rynie's story?)

Stephen also said that they feel that way about every position not just RB, that's when he went on about how well they did in FA filling all their needs so they done "have" to draft a specific position because of need.

Jerry also said when it comes to drafting BPA that also includes a OL if they feel he's the BPA at 4 meaning Tunsil could still be in play if he's the top guy on their board.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder if Garrett actually believes that or does he know he's a fraud?

I think he really believes it.

Still think it's mostly a way to sell himself and the job he's done, though. Kind of like a salesman trying to sell you a car. If you asked him, he'd tell you he does really believe it's the car you need... but he's probably convinced himself that because he wants to make the sale.

And just to add: I think he wants to sell this myth of the great-character roster he's built as opposed to those before him, no doubt. But I also think a big part of this talk is to prop the players. I think he's such a poo, he doesn't want his players mad at him. I personally would like some stern talk about how last year was unacceptable, but that won't happen with Red. He's too concerned with people, his players included, liking him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jerry mentions Ramsey as great practice player... Got suspended because he was too rough on his own player. (This was in response to a David Moore Q about rebuilding the D-line.)

Fuck

Q: Is your roster closer to 12-4 than 4-12? Jerry: YES. Definitely yes.

This team will never learn. Would've been a great opportunity to say something like Parcells "You are what you are" or even better "Right now we're a 4-12 team. We'll have to work hard if we want to show people we're better than that."

Reaction score
The mentality of this teams ownership is horrible. They just think you roll the ball out there and you're a 12-4 team.

I mean, lets completely ignore the complete roster turnover since 2014, as well as our best players being older and coming off injuries. We're just still that same team because GO COWBOYS!

Top Bottom