MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Broken leg in 14 and broken arm this year.

Well, at least both injuries were bone injuries and
not to his knees, ankles, hips, or any type of cartilage or ligament. And it wasn't the same bone. Considering one was to the arm and the other was to his leg it's possible both could have been freak injuries and not and injury prone type of situation.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's more from Gruden on Connor Cook

I admittedly dont have a clue when it comes to talent evaluation but I'd rather take a chance on him or Hackenburg with a lower round pick than Goff or Wentz at #4. I watched a few Mich St games and was surprised/impressed with how Cook was throwing back shoulder passes into coverage all over the field, add in his size, experience and record while in college and I am left confused as to why everyone seems to be down on him.

I wish we could trade down and pick up an extra 2nd round and other picks and then use that extra 2nd round pick on Cook

I am leery of Wentz, he strikes me as a product of the predraft hype machine by the media, many of which dont have much more of a clue at judging talent than I do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Current pick: No. 4
What it would likely take to trade to No. 1:
•2016 first round pick (No. 4)
•2016 second round pick (No. 34)
•2016 sixth round pick (No. 189)

Why it makes sense: 36-year-old Tony Romo hasn't started all 16 games in a season since 2012, including only four starts last season. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys aren't planning on drafting in the top-five very often so the opportunity to secure the future of the position should be at least be a discussion in the war room.

Why it doesn't make sense: With a small window remaining with Romo at the helm, the Cowboys are in position to draft an impact player at No. 4 who can contribute from day one. And it would take Dallas' second rounder as well to move up, another potential starter in 2016. The NFC East is winnable division for the Cowboys right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trade next yrs 1st instead of this yrs 2nd, I'm all for it if they think Wentz is a bona-fide franchise QB.

Reaction score
Two firsts to move up three spots for a small time QB who locks onto his first read is kinda a bad idea imo.

I say just stay at 4. Hell, take Paxton there if you must have a QB. Or Goff.

We don't have the resources to trade up.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yea I would prefer not to move up. If Wentz is gone and Lynch is really the guy you want anyways then just take him. Obviously try to move down to 7 but even if you can't just take the guy you believe will be your franchise QB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, at least both injuries were bone injuries and
not to his knees, ankles, hips, or any type of cartilage or ligament. And it wasn't the same bone. Considering one was to the arm and the other was to his leg it's possible both could have been freak injuries and not and injury prone type of situation.

He just needs to drink more damn milk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would definitely rather have this guy opposite Dez than Braxton Miller. I never knew he is Keyshawn Johnson's nephew.

Isn't he the kid that ran a 4.29 or 4.30 40?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Isn't he the kid that ran a 4.29 or 4.30 40?

Michael Thomas? He ran a 4.57 at the combine. He's big, strong, excellent hands, and a great route runner. He's just slow compared to most top WR's.

Reaction score
The Cowboys are continuing to evaluate each and every prospect that the team will consider during the NFL draft, from the clear first rounders to some of the hidden guys that can be found later in the draft.

One of those potential diamonds in the rough is former Bowling Green wide receiver Roger Lewis, who had a private workout with the Cowboys this week, according to WTOL-11 sports reporter Jordan Strack.

I'm told Lewis also had a private workout with the Cowboys & a film session. He's got more scheduled as well.
— Jordan Strack (@JordanStrack) April 6, 2016

Green brought down 85 receptions for 1,544 yards and 16 touchdowns in his redshirt sophomore season at Bowling Green. He declared for the draft with two years of eligibility remaining. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound receiver started all 28 games during his two seasons playing at Bowling Green.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two firsts to move up three spots for a small time QB who locks onto his first read is kinda a bad idea imo.

I say just stay at 4. Hell, take Paxton there if you must have a QB. Or Goff.

We don't have the resources to trade up.

Again, if the scouts are sold it's well worth exploring. Franchise QB's are hard to find, if they think one is head and shoulders above the others, they'd be stupid to at least not look into it.

Now if they have similar grades on all 3? Sure, don't move up. Wouldn't make sense at all then.

Reaction score
Myles Jack's response when told he was compared to Ray Lewis:

"When I hear I am compared to him, I am kind of like, 'slow down, put on the brakes,'" Jack said, per the report. "I have to earn that. I have to climb the ladder before I can be mentioned with him, my name and his name in the same breath. He'll be remembered for generations. Everybody knows Ray Lewis. You can't compare yourself to idols. You want to model your game after it, but comparing me to him is too fast. I want to get there, but slow down."

Okay... I'm a fan. Love the humility. Communicates intelligently. Im on his bandwagon.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Myles Jack's response when told he was compared to Ray Lewis:

Okay... I'm a fan. Love the humility. Communicates intelligently. Im on his bandwagon.

Welcome aboard.

Been tryna tell you about him. Everyone is so caught up on these QBs, we need to be going with the best player available. That's gonna be Jack at 4.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Knee issue is worrisome IMO.

Also interesting that apparently he was NOT one of the 30 national invites.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Knee issue is worrisome IMO.

Also interesting that apparently he was NOT one of the 30 national invites.

Yea the knee is what concerns me about Jack. If he were completely healthy I don't think he would even be an option of the Cowboys at 4.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
after what happened with MO it is very unlikely we take a guy we have nor had in for a visit

We draft players every yr we didn't visit with. Now most of our early picks have been guys that visited, but off the top of my head I don't think Ware, Tyron Smith or Claiborne (as you note) visited prior to the draft.

Some guys they may have enough info on without having to meet with them personally. Its not like they haven't heard of them or done other due diligence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rumors of the day from various interwebs:

1) Titans have one sold offer for #1 overall pick
2) Browns now reportedly prefer Goff over Wentz
3) Mike Fisher pining for his $9.99 Super Duper Insider Special stuff, says Cowboys have high interest in a "secret" DL

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's so concerning about Jack's knee? Haven't kept up with it.

But yeah, I've thought since he put on that show at his pro day that he would be a great pick, maybe the best non-QB pick. He's perfect for Marinelli's defense, and we're not exactly good at LB.

But it would be just like this crew to put way too much faith in Lee and Batshit McClain.

Top Bottom