MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Rather this guy than Braxton Miller:

[video=youtube;VlgFzwfn-0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlgFzwfn-0k[/video]

Absolutely abused Kendall Fuller.

I would definitely rather have this guy opposite Dez than Braxton Miller. I never knew he is Keyshawn Johnson's nephew.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
So I'm watching Paxton Lynch as his pro day

A couple things are clear.

He needs to work on his footwork

This kid is HUGE or everyone else on the field are midgets.

Edit-They just said he was 6'7 so I guess he is just bigger than everyone else out there.

And the kids got an arm

But..... He is throwing most balls late and/or behind the receiver causing them to have to reach back to grab nearly every throw

I know it's blowing 25mph out there but he seems to be having trouble leading his receivers

I hate to see his receiver have to slow or wait a half step for the ball on each throw

I know he's got the arm so I don't know why he's having trouble hitting them in stride

But all in all I'd take him for sure. With a year or so to learn behind Romo he could be a star for us some day

He just flung a 70 yarder with the ease most QB's toss out a 20 yarder in 25mph wind. This kids arm is impressive

Scot, what do you really know about a QB's footwork?

Be honest, the talking heads on TV mentioned it. Thats not your analysis lol.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I've started watching, he's looked pretty good. Almost every throw I've seen has been on target despite the extreme wind.

He just threw one bomb 70 yds right on the nose, dude dropped it

Big arm thats for sure. Stat I like the most about him is his completion percentage under pressure. (Wentz being the QB with the worst amongst the top guys.)

Still, although I think he'll go there, I'm not sure I would take Lynch in the top 10.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would definitely rather have this guy opposite Dez than Braxton Miller. I never knew he is Keyshawn Johnson's nephew.

I think even with his speed, Braxton is going to have a tough time separating from NFL CBs. Michael; on the otherhand, has that quickness that will allow him to get into his routes and open faster.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
It's funny. The commentators said the exact opposite thing regarding his footwork lol

They were saying its "improved from the combine" or something like that right? I took it as they were insinuating there was an issue there.

Idk but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know wtf a QB's footwork is supposed to look like other than the obvious foot speed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
They were saying his footwork looked really good. That that was something he needed to work on and that he succeeded with in that regard on his Pro Day.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Booker is too old

I like Booker a lot. I think he's gonna be a good one so I'd definitely take him in the 3rd round, regardless of age.

My opinion of the age thing is that would definitely have an impact on my first rounder, would probably end up being a tie breaker for me with two equal players... For example: Buckner is 24 Bosa is 20 (21 this year). Both players look like beasts so we really couldn't go wrong with either one but Bosa gets the edge because of age.

Running backs in the 2nd or 3rd round on the other hand are completely different IMO. Life expectancy in the NFL for a RB is like 6-8 years (last I read). Thats what.. One and a half contracts? So whether a RB is 21 or 24 it doesn't really matter if they're still only lasting 1 contract. I'm not saying it still wouldn't be a tie breaker just saying the age thing for a RB doesn't really bother me as much, especially considering if the player is a 3rd rounder.

Life expectancy for a RB is actually the main reason I would never take one in the top 5. And actually would have to be completely underwhelmed with the rest of the prospects or the RB would have to flash special potential for me to take one in the first.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ✔‎@AdamSchefter
Jon Gruden just said on ESPN that Michigan State's Connor Cook "is gonna be perhaps the best QB in this draft."
11:42 AM - 7 Apr 2016
997 997 Retweets 1,438 1,438 likes

Denver should just take him bottom of the first. Forget Kap, he sucks anyway. Take Cook, develop him and try to get by on Sanchez til Cook is ready.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
A couple of the things I got out of watching Lynch's pro day workout... That kid has a cannon. To be able to throw it 70 yards into a 20 mile an hour wind is pretty crazy, and he did it accurately. The other thing I liked was that he assisted in picking out the throwing script. He chose some pretty difficult throws. He didn't shy away from taking the hard road and really showing what he could do. That's the exact opposite of what Connor Cook did at the Senior Bowl (declined to participate). It showed his competitiveness.

With two years of grooming and learning the NFL game and learning how to be a pro he could be extremely good by the time he's ready to hit the field. He might not be Troy Aikman or Payton Manning (few are) but he could easily be Ben Rothelisberger (without the rape), or Aaron Rodgers.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think even with his speed, Braxton is going to have a tough time separating from NFL CBs. Michael; on the otherhand, has that quickness that will allow him to get into his routes and open faster.

He's also a much better route runner. Plus he's pretty strong. He a guy that could end up being an Anqwan Boldin type of WR. Just muscle his way in and out of his routes. Also he's a hands catcher. He likes to catch the ball away from his body.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
A couple of the things I got out of watching Lynch's pro day workout... That kid has a cannon. To be able to throw it 70 yards into a 20 mile an hour wind is pretty crazy, and he did it accurately. The other thing I liked was that he assisted in picking out the throwing script. He chose some pretty difficult throws. He didn't shy away from taking the hard road and really showing what he could do. That's the exact opposite of what Connor Cook did at the Senior Bowl (declined to participate). It showed his competitiveness.

With two years of grooming and learning the NFL game and learning how to be a pro he could be extremely good by the time he's ready to hit the field. He might not be Troy Aikman or Payton Manning (few are) but he could easily be Ben Rothelisberger (without the rape), or Aaron Rodgers.

Two things:

1. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. I could be wrong but I don't see that in Lynch.

2. Connor Cook supposedly was dealing with that shoulder injury still. He spoke on not being able to compete in the Senior Bowl recently, said it bothered him but his agent advised him not to play.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Two things:

1. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. I could be wrong but I don't see that in Lynch.

2. Connor Cook supposedly was dealing with that shoulder injury still. He spoke on not being able to compete in the Senior Bowl recently, said it bothered him but his agent advised him not to play.

No one thought that about Aaron Rodgers either when he was sitting in the green room getting passed by team after team. My point was though that he has the talent and obviously has the desire to get better. That doesn't mean I'm saying he will without a doubt be the best QB in the whole wide world. All I'm saying is that he could be an elite QB if he's given time to work on his flaws before being thrown to the wolves.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Booker a lot. I think he's gonna be a good one so I'd definitely take him in the 3rd round, regardless of age.

My opinion of the age thing is that would definitely have an impact on my first rounder, would probably end up being a tie breaker for me with two equal players... For example: Buckner is 24 Bosa is 20 (21 this year). Both players look like beasts so we really couldn't go wrong with either one but Bosa gets the edge because of age.

Running backs in the 2nd or 3rd round on the other hand are completely different IMO. Life expectancy in the NFL for a RB is like 6-8 years (last I read). Thats what.. One and a half contracts? So whether a RB is 21 or 24 it doesn't really matter if they're still only lasting 1 contract. I'm not saying it still wouldn't be a tie breaker just saying the age thing for a RB doesn't really bother me as much, especially considering if the player is a 3rd rounder.

Life expectancy for a RB is actually the main reason I would never take one in the top 5. And actually would have to be completely underwhelmed with the rest of the prospects or the RB would have to flash special potential for me to take one in the first.

Fair point indeed

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
That doesn't mean I'm saying he will without a doubt be the best QB in the whole wide world.

Well technically Rodgers is the best QB in the whole wide world. And you did say "but he could easily be Ben Rothelisberger (without the rape), or Aaron Rodgers."

MrB said:
All I'm saying is that he could be an elite QB if he's given time to work on his flaws before being thrown to the wolves.

Couldn't we say that about all first round talent QBs though? Especially QBs considered to go in the top 15 picks.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Love watching the games of the Florida Gators' defensive prospects this year. Bullard, Neal, and Morrison especially.

Bullard is just a bull in the run game, moved all over the DLine for the Gators.

Neal is a missile coming from the secondary, looking to put a hurtin' on everyone.

Morrison might be the most aggressive and mean player I've watched during this process. Too bad for the injury concerns with him.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this guy. My new sleeper.

Will Ratelle. 5'9 250 ILB. Runs a 4.57. 36 bench reps. 36 vert.

Has great instincts, very good speed to close, hammers the opposing ball carrier, lays out linemen, appears to be very football smart, definitely ND's leader, seems to be pretty good in coverage too from the video footage I found on him. Finished 3rd for all LBers in the SPARQ rankings this year. Length is his obvious negative. Seems to be a day 3 guy.

[video]https://youtu.be/IXWKZDzMl5o[/video]

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
IF we go QB one of the reasons I want goff is that he is less likely to be damaged by our incompetent coaching. Wentz and Lynch are very vulnerable to that. Sure they will have Romo to help but he can do just so much since most of his time is spent making the offense work in spite of the coaches.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
IF we go QB one of the reasons I want goff is that he is less likely to be damaged by our incompetent coaching. Wentz and Lynch are very vulnerable to that. Sure they will have Romo to help but he can do just so much since most of his time is spent making the offense work in spite of the coaches.

That's a very valid concern.

Top Bottom