dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would be awful hard to pass on Bosa in that scenario.

Maybe him in round one and either Hackenberg, Wentz or Henry in round two.

I know Hackenberg has been off and on for two seasons, but his size and arm talent is really intriguing to me. I don't think he's got very good coaching offensively for the past two yrs and doesn't appear to have much of an offensive supporting cast either. Would probably be ready to play sooner than Wentz, although I like his developmental ability too.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
cmd got any read on when Wentz will be targeted?

Hard to tell. Senior Bowl will make or break him. some scouts love him. Last 1st is my guess. Mid-1st if he "wins" the Senior Bowl evals.

Reaction score
Projected NFL Draft order as of now:
1. TENN (3-10)
2. CLEV (3-10)
3. SD (3-10)
4. BALT (4-9)
5. SF (4-9)
6. DAL (4-9)
7. DET (4-9)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I read somewhere we're in the 4th spot now, and because of SOS if we finish tied with Cleveland or SD we'd draft ahead of them too.

Reaction score
I don't see how our strength of schedule can't be the worst in the league given the shitty state of the division. I guess if we were playing the AFC South that would make it worse, and having Carolina on the schedule is hurting.

Reaction score
I'm bored mock....

Players based on us having #6 pick, and based on 2016 NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Also, they have Jared Goff #6 but I know we're not taking a QB that high (if at all, fairly certain we land Manzel), so I'm not taking him there.

First:
Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame

STRENGTHS: He is a greased up athlete with natural twitch and flexibility, showing balance, burst and excellent speed in pursuit. Scouts are enthralled with Smith's explosiveness and it isn't difficult to understand why.

He reads plays quickly and keeps his eyes glued on the ball to collect himself in space and burst toward the ballcarrier with excellent closing speed. Shows tremendous secondary quickness to unhook himself from blocks and make up ground in a flash.

He might be the nation's most forceful tackler, generating incredible power to knock ballcarriers back. Smith is every bit as fast and fluid as he is powerful, however, slipping by (or leaping over) would-be blockers in the running game and dropping effectively in coverage.

It is the ability to play back in coverage and rush the passer that makes Smith such an exciting prospect, as proponents of the 4-3 and 3-4, alike, will see him as a true three down defender.

WEAKNESSES: Smith lacks elite take-on strength for the position and can be late to stack-and-shed.

IN OUR VIEW: In today's ultra-specialized NFL, defenses routinely substitute powerful linebackers on running downs and faster, more agile defenders on obvious passing plays. Teams won't have to swap Smith out, however. Along with injured UCLA outside linebacker Myles Jack (also a projected top 10 pick), Smith is the most versatile and pro-ready linebacker in the country.

--Dane Brugler & Rob Rang (11/29/15)

Player Overview
Smith will almost surely earn the highest selection of a Notre Dame defender since the San Francisco 49ers made defensive tackle Bryant Young the No. 7 overall pick of the 1994 draft.

A player who Irish coach Brian Kelly said is the best he's ever coached, Smith is a freakish athlete who makes plays on the football field that few others at the college level are capable of making. He has the range, instincts and competitive drive that makes him a highly sought after NFL prospect.

Notre Dame's top tackler from 2014, Smith made most of the defensive calls as a true sophomore and separated himself as one of the top NFL prospects in the country.

Second:
Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson

STRENGTHS: Bigger than most wide receivers, but while tall, he is still filling out his lanky frame and adding bulk to his 6-foot-4 body type. Has shown freakish speed to go along with a knack for turnovers and explosive hitting ability throughout his collegiate career.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to eliminate the wasted steps and play with more control.

IN OUR VIEW: Kearse's athletic range, ballskills and physical nature are why scouts are excited about his potential.

--Dane Brugler/Rob Rang (11/9/15)

Player Overview
Kearse finished third on the team in tackles (60), second in passes defended (seven) and tied for first in interceptions (two) for the Tigers in 2014. He worked his way into the starting lineup as a true freshman in 2013 before becoming a full-time starter in 2014.

Kearse is the cousin of former NFL defensive back Phillip Buchanon and nephew of former NFL pass rusher Jevon Kearse.

Third
Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB, Tennessee

Reeves-Maybin displays good range and football IQ to put himself in position to make plays. One Tennessee coach told me back in the spring that Reeves-Maybin wasn't just an impactful performer on the field, but also his presence in the locker room as a leader and example for the rest of the team.

--Dane Brugler (9/15/15)

Fourth
Aaron Green, RB, TCU

STRENGTHS: Does make defenders miss with his video game-like cuts and vision, making quick reads and reacting with his feet to keep defenders off balance. Determined and focused runner, taking advantage of each touch with terrific instincts in space. Green also showed he could be a reliable pass catcher with 19 receptions for 166 yards and two touchdowns in 2014.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't have an ideal frame and lacks a power element to his run style to consistently break tackles. Lacks ideal long speed.
IN OUR VIEW: He has his limitations, but Green could be one of the top five senior prospects at his position in the 2016 class.
--Dane Brugler (5/28/15)

Player Overview
A transfer from Nebraska, Green was part of a crowded backfield in 2014, but cream rises to the top and he earned added playing time, leading TCU with 922 rushing yards and 7.1 yards per carry.

Fifth Round
Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana

STRENGTHS: He certainly passes the eye test, both on the sideline and taking snaps with his set-up and delivery.

WEAKNESSES: Sudfeld needs to improve his decision-making, especially once his eyes move from his initial progression. The area scouts need to see the most improvement is simply consistency.

IN OUR VIEW: Indiana loses its three top receivers from 2014, who accounted for 58 percent of the team's receptions in 2015, so Sudfeld has his work cut out for him in 2015, but consistency, not gaudy production, is the key for the quarterback boosting his draft stock.

--Dane Brugler (9/5/15)

Player Overview
The Big Ten has several quarterback prospects who will intrigue NFL teams this fall. Penn State's Christian Hackenberg, Michigan State's Connor Cook and Ohio State's Cardale Jones are the most recognizable names, but Indiana's Sudfeld is one of the better senior prospects at his position for the 2016 class.

He shared the quarterback duties his first two seasons for the Hoosiers and then in 2014, Sudfeld was lost for the season in October with a shoulder injury.

Ok I'm bored now and anyways guys this late in our drafts never amount to shit so sixth round blah blah from blah blah school seventh round ezekial elliiott because he murdered someone predraft but jerry don't care.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Really love the first two picks. Kearse's potential is off the charts and Smith is as close to a sure thing there is in the early 1st. Free agency will have already happened by the draft, but taking Smith means they can move on from McClain.

Not a fan of the Tennessee LB, especially after already drafting Smith. I'm not sure about Green. Sometimes he looks a decent back-up RB and other times like a scrub. Since that ceiling is "decent back-up," I'd pass.

Sudfield is exactly the type of QB you draft in the middle rounds and develop him; great size and tools. Too bad that like Cassel embarrassingly said, he couldn't find anyone here to coach him. So unless Romo takes this kid aside and works with him, a project QB is wasted here. We need a QB with enough talent and confidence to play through the limitations Garrett and this offense puts on him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes, from what little I've seen, I love Smith. I guess the only question is does a 43 LB have a big enough impact to draft that high, but he looks like a pretty sure thing to me. Plus like cmd said, then we can do away with this ongoing McClain circus.

I'd probably take a QB if the right one is there, though. I really don't think we'll pick this high again until Tony is done, and then it'll be too late. But I'm really not convinced they will do it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For this suck of a season there is really 5 players that I want to come away with 1 of them:

1. Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
2. Jared Goff QB Cal
3. Joey Bosa DE Ohio State
4. Jalen Ramsey S Florida State
5. Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss. His latest shenanigans might cause him to fall. This time last year, Randy Gregory was still looked at as a Top 10 pick.

Now, don't get me wrong... Jaylon Smith, Vernon Hargreaves, and Myles Jack are right on the cusp of that list. It's just for me, it is those 5 that I think makes up for (at least partially) how crappy we played this year.

Reaction score
I went with two OLB's in the top three picks because Lee and McClain can't be relied upon, really. Hitchens is just an okay player. Wilbur is a warm body. And we desperately need a youth injection at the position. Oh, plus he's a VOL.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh, plus he's a VOL.

We will draft our Volunteer player in 2017...
Evan-Berry-1-3.jpg

...which will be cool, since he'll be joining his brother...
Chiefs-Eric-Berry-cleared-to-r.jpg

2016 Cowboys Free Agent signee

Reaction score
@LauraMRutledge

#Arizona's Scooby Wright just told me he will declare for the NFL Draft after a dominant performance in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.

Reaction score
‏@ZachAbolverdi 3m3 minutes ago
Confirmed that #Gators DE Alex McCalister has been dismissed from the team. He plans to enter the NFL Draft.

Reaction score
@McMurphyESPN

Florida coach Jim McElwain said RB Kelvin Taylor & WR Demarcus Robinson plan to enter NFL Draft

Top Bottom