Reaction score
Pretty sure we win today if for no other reason than I took Patriots minus the points and god hates me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett happened

I believe in any given Sunday. Towards the end of the 1st half up until the idiot time out by our idiot HC that gave Atlanta 3 points, I attributed the play calling to what I thought was a pretty well thought out game plan. I thought that had a chance to be one of those defining games for Garrett where he put together a game plan to give the team a chance without Romo. Little did I know they didn't game plan for Atlanta, but rather for Weeden.

Garrett can't be gone soon enough but Romo's injury bought him more time and excuses.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe in Any Given Sunday as well. For any team Not coached by Garrett

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a feeling we run a fast paced, primarily passing offense. Probably a lot of 4 wide, 1 back sets. With Escobar in the slot.

Weeden in shotgun, spreading the field out and letting it fly.

Just feel like were on the verge of letting this season slip away and the coaches are going to try something new.

I'm thinking the same. Linehan seemed to think the best chance against an average to bad team was to limit mistakes. Maybe he'll think against a better team that scores a lot, our only chance is to try to outscore them. Sort of like how Parcells took all the wraps off that game against the undefeated Colts in 2006.

Of course it could backfire and you could turn the ball over and put yourself in a big hole right away, but taking more chances might be our only hope. That's how I'd look at it, anyway.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I usually start the game drinking a beer then switch to Bourbon when the game starts going south which tends to be the second half.

I think it's pretty safe to just start out with a bourbon at the opening kick off for this game

Unless we get a stellar performance on special teams and D with them getting us points we don't stand a chance. We don't have the O to go blow for blow with the Pats!

We are going to have to come up big with some takeaways to keep this game winnable or even close for that matter

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a feeling we run a fast paced, primarily passing offense. Probably a lot of 4 wide, 1 back sets. With Escobar in the slot.

Weeden in shotgun, spreading the field out and letting it fly.

Just feel like were on the verge of letting this season slip away and the coaches are going to try something new.

I doubt that, it seems like the worse the team is, the more conservative Garret is

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same. Linehan seemed to think the best chance against an average to bad team was to limit mistakes. Maybe he'll think against a better team that scores a lot, our only chance is to try to outscore them. Sort of like how Parcells took all the wraps off that game against the undefeated Colts in 2006.

Of course it could backfire and you could turn the ball over and put yourself in a big hole right away, but taking more chances might be our only hope. That's how I'd look at it, anyway.

We'll find out if they truly just don't trust Weeden at all today.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can you imagine the boost of confidence this team would gain of we found a way to sneak one by the Pats. That would be just what we need to get us thru until Romo gets back

It ain't gonna happen. But that would be the spark to get this team fired up and keep our guys heads in the game and looking towards the post season

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
On the NFL app in their bold predictions they are saying the Patriots score 57 with Brady throwing 5 TD's

The Patriots are 11-3 after the bye and score and have an average of 28 points so they are saying they double that average against us today.

I don't think they score 50 bit come close at 45 with the Cowboys only scoring 24

That is unfortunately my prediction for the game. I hope I'm wrong. It would be nice to break the Pats win streak

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just hope we don't lose anyone else to injury this week

If our trend keeps up we will lose one for 8 weeks or the rest of the season and at least two for part of the game and one for at least one game

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Which genius at Fox decided we had to have Cooper Manning playing comedian? We didn't have enough Mannings on our NFL TVs already?

Top Bottom