dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If today goes bad, decent chance the Matt Cassel era starts next Sunday night

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Possibly
But I have a feeling Weeden will do just enough to get another start next week. Even if it's a bad outing for him I think it won't be bad enough for the front office to hit the eject button on him yet

I honestly think they want to finally find out what they have in Weeden. So even if it's bad for the first game they will give him a couple starts to feel him out.

Either way we will find out if he's the go to guy after Romo retires or if we will finally start looking for his air apparent finally which is a very good thing. We need to get someone in the system for a few years and let them learn behind Romo so when he does finally take over he will end up the next A.aron Rodgers like he did when Farve finally retired

Last edited:

hstour

Spectator
Reaction score
If today goes bad, decent chance the Matt Cassel era starts next Sunday night

Depends on the definition of bad. The score or his play.

I think they would like to give him the next three weeks to prove himself. If that doesn't go well, that gives them 2 weeks to let Cassel have all the first team snaps in preparation for the Giants and to hold down the fort till Romo returns. That being said, Brandon is awful the first two weeks, then all bets are off.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
However bad today is I think they will chalk it up to first game jitters or some shit like that

So unless it's a total shit show he will start next week. I think the defense will keep us in it so even with a horrible outing by Weeden it won't "feel" as bad as it actually was when you look at the score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only one writer/nfl guy (Prisco) at CBSsportsline picking Dallas today. All others picked Atlanta

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL at NFLN today suggesting Dallas' defensive dominance last week over Philly was because Darrion Weems gave away Chip Kelly secrets

Of course the genius idiots fail to note (or even know) Weems was here last yr and the year before that as well

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys starting OL today with ages:

Tyron Smith (24) - La'el Collins (22) - Travis Frederick (24) - Zack Martin (24) - Doug Free (31)​

hstour

Spectator
Reaction score
Cowboys starting OL today with ages:

Tyron Smith (24) - La'el Collins (22) - Travis Frederick (24) - Zack Martin (24) - Doug Free (31)​

There's this too:

Dallas Cowboys OL All-Pro awards under age 25 - 4
Rest of the NFL - 2

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Falcons at Cowboys

Falcons: RB Tevin Coleman, WR Devin Hester, LB Brooks Reed, WR Justin Hardy, C Gino Gradkowski, T Bryce Harris, T Jake Long

Cowboys: WR Dez Bryant, DE Jeremy Mincey, DE Randy Gregory, QB Matt Cassel, RB Christine Michael, TE Geoff Swaim, G Ronald Leary

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jack Crawford is starting at RDE

That means we have a Canadian and a Brit starting up front today

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Leary is pissing me off. Misses a big chunk of camp due to his back, now two reg season games with a groin. soft motherfucker.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I could have been at the Ravens/Bengals game right now if my ex and I were still together :(

I bought her tix for her bday in June and still gave them to her after we broke up.

I'm stupid.

Top Bottom