Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bryant needs a coach who will bench his ass for a series or two. Keep his head in the game.

Garrett is afraid of his own shadow. Mostly because of the presence of light combined with his skin condition.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bryant needs a coach who will bench his ass for a series or two. Keep his head in the game.
Ginger just needs to stop accepting the unacceptable football response. Whether it be by benching, whatever. I would settle for STOP FUCKING CLAPPING AND SLAPPING HIS ASS AND TELLING HIM IT IS OKAY!!! IT IS NOT OKAY!!!

From there you go to ass chewing, etc. But you can't suddenly come down hard on a player for shit you have been telling him is okay.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why the fuck does Dez wear a handwarmer, which he doesn't even use because it's right above his ass, on the warmest December day ever in GB?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was anyone else shocked at how bad Cassel was? I mean, he looked like undrafted camp fodder. I seriously think by about halfway through he had the yips. Looked like he didn't trust himself at all and didn't even want to pull the trigger. Weeden wasn't any worse than that.

Also, the "official" postgame show was sickening. Right after the game they actually broached the subject of what it would take to get Garrett fired. But by the end, that Gavin Dawson dude actually said you can't blame Garrett, that this season was all about injuries. He claimed that the league was set up so teams could only be good once out of every three or four years. He even said the *only* way you could be good every year was to have a HOF QB and to cheat.

Yes, he actually said that.

Wonder if he got a call from above that he'd better start sugarcoating.

Good grief

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez is the least of this team's worries. He works his ass off and actually has some real passion for winning and losing.

Clearly the focus isn't there with the drops, but he's pressing and he is also playing through two very significant injuries, one which he already had surgery for. Wont surprise me if we hear right after the season that he gets the knee scoped too from that TD play he made vs Philly.

The focus for fixing this team should be finding a REAL football coach who can motivate guys and game plan accordingly. The new coach should have full autonomy to pick whatever coaches he wants here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was anyone else shocked at how bad Cassel was? I mean, he looked like undrafted camp fodder. I seriously think by about halfway through he had the yips. Looked like he didn't trust himself at all and didn't even want to pull the trigger. Weeden wasn't any worse than that.

I actually 100% believe now had they stuck with Weeden, they'd have won another game or two.

Other than the Philly game (which despite being Cassel's best game, he did have a massive game changing play with the pick 6) Casell has been absolutely horrible. He misses wide open guys. He constantly throws high. He misses easy reads (like painfully easy reads). He's supposed to be an experienced, savvy vet but he looks like a lesser talented Quincy Carter out there.

Reaction score

Also, the "official" postgame show was sickening. Right after the game they actually broached the subject of what it would take to get Garrett fired. But by the end, that Gavin Dawson dude actually said you can't blame Garrett, that this season was all about injuries. He claimed that the league was set up so teams could only be good once out of every three or four years. He even said the *only* way you could be good every year was to have a HOF QB and to cheat.

Yes, he actually said that.

Wonder if he got a call from above that he'd better start sugarcoating.

Interesting to me because the ticket went out of their way to excuse Garrett during their post game show also. They went as far as basically disagreeing with Aikman's comments. It's like North Korea out there.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting to me because the ticket went out of their way to excuse Garrett during their post game show also. They went as far as basically disagreeing with Aikman's comments. It's like North Korea out there.

Really, that's sad. Guess it's not surprising, though, since Norm does it. And he's gone on a few "Free Poor Jason" rants. :facepalm

At least Sturm seems to have come around.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The focus for fixing this team should be finding a REAL football coach who can motivate guys
E-Zackly. Dez isn't a problem if he is motivated and kept focused, and in check. He needs leadership and discipline, and to be held accountable - not claps, butt slaps and the HC telling him "it's okay" when he gives inaccurate or poor football responses. Drops are NOT "okay." Poor route running and brain farts are NOT "okay." Being out of shape is NOT "okay."

But when you have a HC who continually says it IS "okay" there's no way the problems get fixed.

Reaction score
Really, that's sad. Guess it's not surprising, though, since Norm does it. And he's gone on a few "Free Poor Jason" rants. :facepalm

At least Sturm seems to have come around.
It was actually Jub on the postgame show with Donnie yesterday. He's called the Cowboys as dead for about two months now, so he's been right on that, but for whatever reason he and Junior are hesitant to put any blame on Garrett.

They keep going back to last season's 12-4 as to why they won't blame him. "Everyone loved Garrett last year."

6-10 (5-3 with Garrett), 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, and on the way to 4-12. Which one is the anomaly here?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've heard them admit they liked him from the start, like so many other DFW media people. I guess he's really that charming in person... Or something.

But like so many others, they can't admit they were wrong. I don't understand it. We're all wrong all the time. What's so hard about admitting it?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This team could finish worse than any of the Campo teams. How is that possible to survive?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
6-10 (5-3 with Garrett), 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, and on the way to 4-12. Which one is the anomaly here?
Might have one too many 8-8 seasons there. Think there was only three. But yeah I've often pointed out which of the records is inconsistent with the rest. Although not in such polite terms.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've heard them admit they liked him from the start, like so many other DFW media people. I guess he's really that charming in person... Or something.

That's definitely true. Jones was gushing about him from the moment right after he interviewed him. Also, Jones said he thought seriously at the time about making Garrett the HC from day one because of how "impressive" and "detail oriented" he was.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but we'd have been better off if he had done that. We'd have been rid of him several years ago.

Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20, but we'd have been better off if he had done that. We'd have been rid of him several years ago.
Totally agree. Jerry can't even fuck things up right. It would be one thing if he fucked up, realized it and moved on. But he fucks up the fuck ups.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Doubt it. Probably just on our ninth year of him as HC.

And about our fifth DC and fourth OC after a progression of scapegoats.

Top Bottom