Reaction score
I said first pick, not round one. I can see us trading down.

And the former Eagles GM tweeted not long ago that the draft gurus (mayock, kiper, etc) raving about players making huge swings up and down draft boards is all BS. Said it was for TV, something to talk about. Teams don't do vary their boards much this time of year.

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth:

@TonyPauline: I'm told the Dallas Cowboys very high on Melvin Gordon/RB/Wisconsin and are targeting him in round one. Trade up?

Reaction score
@SiriusXMNFL: QB @SeanMannion4: I feel I can play football as good as any QB in this draft. The feedback from scouts has been positive. #NFLDraft

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Would anyone be suprised if our first selection is someone like the Arizona safety we really love, Damarious Randall or Tevin Coleman from Indiana if Gurley and Gordon are gone at 27?

I could see us either reaching there, or trading back and taking one of them with our first pick.

I wouldn't be. And I wouldn't mind either one of those players. I'm high on Coleman and Randall is clearly the best FS in this draft.

My preference for the first round right now would be:

1. Gurley
2. Trade down acquire an extra pick and then draft the highest rated guy on the board.

I just don't think there's that much of a difference between the players that could be had with that number 27 pick or a pick at the top of the 2nd round. Especially with the positions we would be looking at.. RB, DT, DB, LB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth:

@TonyPauline: I'm told the Dallas Cowboys very high on Melvin Gordon/RB/Wisconsin and are targeting him in round one. Trade up?

Take this for what it's worth but I can confirm this Mid. My sources have told me we will draft a running back in this draft, possibly in the 1st or 2nd round. And depending on which QB falls in the draft, we may take a flyer on a QB in the latter rounds. No, I'm not guessing.

Reaction score
My ideal first through third:

1. Mario Edwards Jr, DT/DE, FSU
2. Jay Ajayi/Tevin Coleman/TJ Yeldon
3. Frank Clark, DE, Michigan

Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: Talked to one #NFL personnel executive who believes RB Todd Gurley best all-around player in draft. Medical re-check of knee is Friday

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
SI Mock today has us getting Marcus Peters in the 1st and Jay Ajayi in the 2nd. Wouldn't hate it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My ideal first through third:

1. Mario Edwards Jr, DT/DE, FSU
2. Jay Ajayi/Tevin Coleman/TJ Yeldon
3. Frank Clark, DE, Michigan

I'm warming to the idea of trading out of the 1st and acquiring another 2nd and 3rd. Then... the list you have would make more sense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After six weeks of pro days, the football world is all systems go for the 2015 NFL Draft.

In that time, coaches, scouts and front offices dug deeper into the evaluation process, and naturally there were some prospects that launched up the boards. NFL Media draft expert Mike Mayock identified those players who, in his view, did just that and listed the top five risers in the upcoming draft, which begins April 30 in Chicago.

WR Nelson Agholor, USC
Mayock’s take: “I think at the beginning of the process he was perceived as kind of mid-to-late second round solid wideout. And the more the coaches have gotten involved with the evaluation, they see a kid that can play inside, he can play outside, he’s a devastating punt returner, and apparently they love him in the meeting room -- great on the board and a hard worker. I think he could go late [first round], but he’s a top 40 pick.”

DT Mario Edwards, Florida State
Mayock’s take: “Back in August, he was over 300 pounds. At the combine, 279 -- 272 at his pro day. Quick. Now he looks like a base defensive end who can kick inside on sub-packages. That gets some teams excited.”

WR Breshad Perriman, Central Florida
Mayock’s take: “Now this kid was kind of a mid-to-late second round [pick] until he ran a 4.25 [40-yard dash]. He doesn’t play to 4.25, but I like his game. I like his upside. He’s a top 20 pick.”

LB Bud Dupree, Kentucky
Mayock’s take: "The tape is inconsistent, but again as coaches get involved, they want to work with this piece of clay. He's got everything you want to become a Pro Bowl edge rusher except consistency."

FS Damarious Randall, Arizona State
Mayock’s take: “Kind of an afterthought when the process began. He is the best man cover guy at the safety position. Don’t be surprised if he goes in the second round.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
SI Mock today has us getting Marcus Peters in the 1st and Jay Ajayi in the 2nd. Wouldn't hate it.

I wouldn't hate it but would definitely be anxious about it. Peters is probably the epitome of boom or bust because of all his issues off the field. I haven't seen Ajayi play much.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I read on CZ that Darren Woodson is gonna be announcing our 2nd rd pick.

Hmmmm. Woodson was a Sun Devil drafted in the 2nd rd and ended up playing safety. There's a Sun Devil FS prospect that many now believe will go in the 2nd rd.

[video=youtube;c11WVHQXrsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c11WVHQXrsQ[/video]

Top Bottom