Reaction score
Getty Images
Florida defensive end Dante Fowler will be making several visits to teams picking high in the draft in the coming days, but he doesn’t think he’ll be on the board past the third pick.

That’s when the Jaguars pick and Fowler doesn’t sound like a player who will be leaving the state to play his professional ball. Fowler said after Florida’s pro day on Tuesday that he thinks he fits what Jaguars coach Gus Bradley is looking for on the defensive front and, as a result, that he’ll be Jacksonville’s man come April 30.

“I’d be stunned, because of the scheme that coach Gus has,” Fowler said, via the Florida Times-Union. “I can set the edge and I can come off the edge. I’d be surprised, but that that’s how the draft goes. I’m just happy I’ll be drafted on the first day.”

Fowler certainly looks like a good fit for the Leo position on the Jaguars Defense, but USC’s Leonard Williams would look pretty good on the defensive line as well. Neither player is guaranteed to be there when the Jags pick as the Titans, who own the second pick, are meeting with both of them, but a boost to the Jacksonville defense seems a likely outcome however things shake out.

Reaction score
Dolphins considering trading into Top 10
Apr

The Miami Dolphins are already reaching out to other clubs in an effort to gauge what it might cost to move into the top 10 this year of the NFL Draft, Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has learned.

With only six picks in 2015, the Dolphins don't have much ammunition. That hasn't stopped the 'Fins from fishing.

The Dolphins appear to be targeting another playmaking wide receiver with West Virginia's Kevin White ranking highest on their board, sources suggest. If it happens, Miami's trade could mimic a similar move as the one division rival Buffalo completed a year ago, jumping up to No. 4 overall to land Sammy Watkins. Whereas the Bills continue to struggle at quarterback, the Dolphins boast a quality young passer in Ryan Tannehill to build around.

Miami's interest in adding more talent to its receiver corps is no surprise. Over the past week, the Dolphins hosted free agents Michael Crabtree (San Francisco 49ers), Greg Jennings (Minnesota Vikings) and Wes Welker (Denver Broncos) after sending former expensive free agent addition Mike Wallace and a seventh round pick this year to the Vikings for a fifth round pick.

Reaction score
@RossTuckerNFL: Stud WR Kevin White said he's setting up visits w/ the Jets, Bears, Rams & Giants. He'll be in Chicago for Draft.

Reaction score
@toddarcher: FSU corner PJ Williams made a visit to Cowboys at Valley Ranch.

Basically my worst case scenario first round pick.

Reaction score
La Canfora: Louiville WR DeVante Parker could be top-10 pick
Apr

Alabama's Amari Cooper and West Virginia's Kevin White are considered by most observers to be the top wide receivers available in the upcoming draft but Louisville wideout DeVante Parker could also be a top-10 pick according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

Some NFL analysts even have Parker ranked above White and not far behind Cooper. "Parker is the kind of kid who could go to the right spot and put up 1,200 receiving yards as a rookie," one personnel man said. "He's that good." According to La Canfora, a year ago at the Scouting Combine he had talent evaluators he really trusted tell him that Odell Beckham Jr. was the best wide receiver in the 2014 draft and he is hearing the same kind of buzz about Parker.

The St. Louis Rams and the Minnesota Vikings pick Nos. 10 and 11, respectively, and are said to be looking hard at Parker. At 6'3/209, he is a first-round lock.

Reaction score
Report: Bucs owners may be wary of Winston

Every single NFL evaluator has said Winston is the most NFL-ready quarterback in the draft. But as time has gone on, there has been a little grumbling about Winston's raw workout numbers, Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports. As an overall athlete, he's not as good as past No. 1 QBs such as Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford and Matthew Stafford.

But aside from the obvious, one league source familiar with the inner workings of the Buccaneers offered two interesting observations this week.

First, general manager Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith won't have the final say on drafting Winston. The source said the selection won't happen without the approval of ownership. Second, the source said Darcie Glazer Kassewitz (the daughter of late owner Malcolm Glazer) is one of the voices in the Bucs' front office whose opinion could influence the pick.

The source did not say Kassewitz was against drafting Winston. Nor did the source say Mariota or any other player was preferred at No. 1. But the source said that Kassewitz – who is the co-president of the Glazer Family Foundation – has raised some internal questions about the community relations impact of the pick.

That could mean little. But at the very least, an important person in the Glazer's inner circle will be looking as much off the field as on it when it comes to the Winston selection.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you hear where Winston's own lawyer said today he's not even close to being ready off the field and whoever drafts him will have to put a lot of work into him?

It's all true, but to say it so directly... Wow.

Reaction score
Just read an article on that and I think what he was saying is, the league will turn its back on players, that Winston needs to go to the rookie symposium and he needs a good support system and he'll be okay.

Reaction score
@evansilva: Although Leonard Williams is widely viewed as a top-5 lock, a slew of astute analysts have expressed skepticism RE: his pass-rush potential.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
@toddarcher: FSU corner PJ Williams made a visit to Cowboys at Valley Ranch.

Basically my worst case scenario first round pick.

we wont be picking him in the first round, so don't worry about it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you hear where Winston's own lawyer said today he's not even close to being ready off the field and whoever drafts him will have to put a lot of work into him?

It's all true, but to say it so directly... Wow.

And this surprises you?

Winston is a huge fucking turd. Gonna be a mammoth bust.

Reaction score
Would anyone be suprised if our first selection is someone like the Arizona safety we really love, Damarious Randall or Tevin Coleman from Indiana if Gurley and Gordon are gone at 27?

I could see us either reaching there, or trading back and taking one of them with our first pick.

Reaction score
I just dont think were going to take one of the numerous regular names that have been tossed out there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would anyone be suprised if our first selection is someone like the Arizona safety we really love, Damarious Randall or Tevin Coleman from Indiana if Gurley and Gordon are gone at 27?

I could see us either reaching there, or trading back and taking one of them with our first pick.

There's no way we're taking either of those guys in round one

According to Mayock though Randall is one of the fastest risers in the draft though and many teams now project him as the top safety

Top Bottom