Reaction score
Big part of the walk-through spent on beating blitz out of five-wide. New code words 'Boston' and 'LA.' Didn't hear Irving or Arlington.

Easy. Boston means the right or east coast and LA means the left side or west coast.

Or maybe Boston means throw the ball like Jason insists is the path to being Tom Brady and LA is run the ball like Callahan on the Raiders.

Or maybe Boston means Romo has More than a Feeling that a blitz is coming and LA is just a note to follow So.

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like he should have been drafted in the 3rd round, especially with holes on the OL and DL.

Then again we do need to get Austin off the roster ASAP.

I'm hoping it's just opening jitters. He was better than this at Baylor but I do remember his draft analysis saying that he dropped a number of catchable passes.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Williams has a bad case of the drops. It was on several scouting reports, but Dallas scouts must have missed it.

The drops have always been an issue with him. His ceiling is being another Alvin Harper. Can get open but cross your fingers and hope he catches it.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good God. This is beyond ridiculous. These guys just aren't in shape, period.

I bought into Unfrozen Caveman Strength Coach when they hired him back, but it is clear now why the Patriots let him leave. Six rings or not, I just don't see results.

I mean yesterday, for example, injured Ron Leary was pushing his golf cart along the practice field. WTF is that?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I bought into Unfrozen Caveman Strength Coach when they hired him back, but it is clear now why the Patriots let him leave. Six rings or not, I just don't see results.

I mean yesterday, for example, injured Ron Leary was pushing his golf cart along the practice field. WTF is that?

:lol

That's wierd.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:lol

That's wierd.

And stupid.

It is entirely possible that Woicik is part of the problem now with the tightened up workout/practice rules.

Back in the day, it was iron makes iron. He could work these guy's nuts off.

Now, the CBA limits a lot of things. It might be a case where he's simply a dinosaur and we need to consider revamping that part of the team. There are simply too many injuries and it is not just because it seems more because we pay attention to the Cowboys more.

I purposely have been tracking everything I can about Miami's practices this week and their injury list is nothing compared to ours.

Reaction score
OXNARD, Calif. – Day 4 of Cowboys’ training camp brought the most competitive part of a practice with two-minute and final-minute situations.

The first-team offense had a drive end on an interception and a game-winning field goal by Dan Bailey. The second-team offense had its lone drive end on a pick by rookie cornerback B.W. Webb.

** WR Dez Bryant was not pleased with the defense after LB Ernie Sims hit TE Dante Rosario so hard that the tight end’s helmet came off. Bryant screamed to the defense for all to hear, causing some defenders to yell back.

** The defense got off to a 5-nil start in the one-on-one drills, as coach Jason Garrett was quick to let everybody know Brandon Carr threw off Dez Bryant; Morris Claiborne stuffed Miles Austin; Sterling Moore did the same to Dwayne Harris, Devin Smith stayed with Terrance Williams and Anthony Armstrong had a drop.

** Williams, the third-round pick, had the prettiest of routes later in the one-on-one period, with a perfect stutter-go-stop that gave him 5 yards of space from Smith for the easy catch.

** G David Arkin still has trouble anchoring when he faces power moves. DE Ben Bass simply extended his arms and rocked Arkin back on their first rep in one-on-one pass rush moves. G Kevin Kowalski did a nice job of stunting DT Jason Hatcher on his first rep.

** After missing his first kick on Tuesday, Dan Bailey made all six on Wednesday, ranging from 40-47 yards. He is 16 of 17 in camp.

** Rookie P Spencer Barton handled all of the punts and was forced to kick into a pretty good wind. His first punt was knocked down after maybe 15 yards. Maybe. He had a hard time driving the ball into the breeze. With the wind, he was much better.

** WR Dwayne Harris was a terrific punt returner by the end of last season and he was able to break free to the right on his one try. Harris received a nice wall from his blockers that left him one on one with Barton.

** S Barry Church missed all but three games last year because of an Achilles injury. He must like the pads because he met RB DeMarco Murray two or three times with some semi-big hits.

** LB Sean Lee seems to break up at least one pass in every practice. He swatted away a seam pass to TE Jason Witten from Tony Romo; on Tuesday he stuck with WR Miles Austin down the seam for a breakup.

** Romo over-shot Witten on a seam throw in seven-on-seven drills. Witten bent his route to the outside and when LB Justin Durant moved to the outside Witten came back inside. The throw, however, was high.

** The offense went with the hurry up a few times in team drills and caught the defense by surprise. Some of it might have been the defense’s sub patterns, but when the offense picked up the tempo a few times for specific plays they were able to make positive yards.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
G David Arkin still has trouble anchoring when he faces power moves

Please get this POS out of here.

Barry Church missed all but three games last year because of an Achilles injury. He must like the pads because he met RB DeMarco Murray two or three times with some semi-big hits.

Good to hear. I guess they've improved a lot doing Achilles surgeries. It used to spell the end of your career if you're a DB.

Reaction score
@Boys_Vox1h
Defensive sleeper: DE Cameron Scheffield

Is that the white guy we signed late last year to play DT?

Reaction score
@calexmendez2h
Cowboys send out a look with Witten, Escobar as the widest receivers in the formation. That's some big boats out there.

Interesting

Top Bottom