Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need a countdown clock - months, days, hours, minutes, seconds until we kick off.

Someone get on that ASAP!

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sit dez or dont sit dez week 1?

I say sit him. Consider it an investment for the future

I agree.

No matter if he is at fault, not at fault, charged or not charged....

Being suspended by the head coach from day 1 in camp for the giants game would go far in implementing what gar rent wants to do here and might help DEz down the road.

Plus if Garrett announces at the opening press conference for camp that DEz won't play against the the media doesn't haveany questions to ask, they all are answered right there.

The one catch is the NFL views this game as a showcase and not having a lightning rod like DEz on the field could lower ratings possibly, I doubt it but you never know so the NFL might not want him suspended.

Reaction score
Oh man I don't know what happened at the end there but good post other than that.

In order to build him up we got to take him down a peg. I'll take the Loss in NJ if it means it'll Payoff in the end because if dez has his head on straight then we got an elite game breaker.

Or he can jump off a truck and get shot sleeping on the couch of his bottom bitch's house

Reaction score
Tony Romo 6 tds, 5 of them to Dez Bryant

Murray 388 yds rushing, 3 tds and two of them will be 80+ yarders

Defense gets one td after Matt Johnson decapitates Eli on a safety blitz, ball is picked up by Bruce Carter, who is so fast he runs backwards with the ball and easily outruns Giants players to endzone

Defense also gets a safety
Wonder if Dez gets to play?

Reaction score
I'd sit Dez the first pre-season game.

That'll send a message.

Also.... we wont' need Dez to beat the hapless Giants.

Reaction score
Giants safety Tyler Sash gets four-game suspension
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 31, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT

APThe hits keep coming for the Giants secondary.

A day after they realized they’d likely lose cornerback Terrell Thomas with yet another ACL injury, the G-Men took another hit.

Safety Tyler Sash has been suspended the first four games of the regular season for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancing drugs, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Such as suspension would allow Sash the chance to practice and play in the preseason, but would knock him out the first four games of the regular season without pay.

The Giants were already thin at the position, and it could lead to a return of veteran safety Deon Grant, who was a free agent and hasn’t signed with anyone yet.

UPDATE: 4:07 P.M. ET: Sash apparently tested positive for Adderall, according to a statement, via Garafolo.

“I took a prescription drug (Adderall) legally under a doctor’s care for an anxiety condition during the offseason in March of this year. The purpose was to help me with public speaking appearances,” Sash said in a statement. “I had no idea that this prescription drug was banned by NFL policy. Although I take full responsibility for this situation, I also want to state that I have never cheated or taken performance-enhancing drugs, and I frown on those who do.

“I am highly disappointed by the league’s decision in this matter, but I will continue to do my best on and off the field.”

According to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, Sash has already appealed and lost.

-----------------------

No idea who this guy is.

Reaction score
Appearantly he's a decent special teamer, so this might help us week 1.

Sash turned heads in 2011, primarily for his motor on special teams. With his help, the unit produced some of the most dramatic moments for the Giants late in the season and into the playoffs, which led coach Tom Coughlin to these comments during an interview at this year’s combine at the end of February:

“Sash, for example, the job he did on special teams was incredible,” Coughlin said. “Can you imagine bringing in a rookie and he is the fullback on a punt team. The number one play in an entire season is your punt team. You do that more than you do anything else, any play on offense or defense. This guy was the personal protector that called the protections. That is a lot of responsibility for a young guy and he did it very well.”

Sash, who never played much special teams prior to the NFL because he was always a starter at every level, now has his eye on more snaps on defense.

“First and foremost, I’m going to do whatever is asked of me. That’s the type of person I am, that’s the type of player I am. Whatever is asked of me, I’m going to do that to the best of my abilities. If that translates into getting more snaps or starting on defense, that’s what I want to do. Obviously I think everybody’s goal going into the season is to be the starter at whatever position they play or get in packages. Whatever it is, whatever I can do to help my team win games and get back to where we were just at is obviously the goal.”

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
“I took a prescription drug (Adderall) legally under a doctor’s care for an anxiety condition during the offseason in March of this year. The purpose was to help me with public speaking appearances,” Sash said in a

This is what makes the story sound fishy.

Noone is going to ask a special teamer to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom