C

Cr122

Mercilus is going to be a good player. I was fortunate to draft him at 27 in the Todd McShay Invitational this year.

He can play both DE/OLB in a 34 defense. Even if a 4-3 team were to draft him he's a DE at the next level.

Helluva player.

C

Cr122

any bets the RgIII is closer to 6' than 6'2" ?

I read on NFL.com he measured at 6-2 3/8. RG3 is going to be a stud in this league.

This also from Fox news...

REPORTS: RG3 MEASURES UP TO COMPETITION

Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III put all speculation aside that he was shorter than the listed height of 6-foot-2.
Before the combine, it was widely-speculated that Griffin could be too short for the quarterback position at the NFL level.
Griffin was measured at 6-foot-2 3/8 inches Friday, according to multiple reports.

--Ross Jones

C

Cr122

According to NFL Network RG3 has confirmed he will not throw at the combine.

C

Cr122

GRIFFIN DYNAMIC AT PODIUM

With Andrew Luck all but set to go to the Indianapolis Colts with the No. 1 overall pick, Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III is poised to be the most sought-after player in the 2012 NFL Draft.
The demand has begun: RG3 already interviewed with thePhiladelphia Eagles on Thursday night and is scheduled to meet with the Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs Friday evening. The Redskins are due to talk with Griffin on Saturday.

Appearing poised, confident and alternately brilliant and humorous on the pressure-packed (and reporter-packed) stage at the combine media center, Griffin said he wants NFL teams to know there was nothing simple about the spread offense he ran at Baylor, and that he will wait until his March 21 pro day in Waco, Texas to showcase his passing ability to prospective NFL employers.

Griffin repeated he’s not willing to concede the No. 1 overall selection to Luck, a player whom he admires, because “we’re all very competitive.”
And he had this interesting comment when asked about the possibility of playing Peyton Manning’s backup: “I’d hold that clipboard with pride,” Griffin said.

-- Nancy Gay

C

Cr122

LUCK IS ON BOARD

Andrew Luck agreed with Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III’s statement that he would “hold the clipboard with pride” under Peyton Manning if he was drafted by the Colts.
“Absolutely, I would, (Peyton) is a hero of mine,” the well-mannered Luck said in front of a crowd of media. “He’s arguably the best quarterback of all time.”

Both quarterbacks decided to forgo the opportunity to throw at the combine this week. Griffin III moved up his pro day up a day to March 21 so the posse of scouts could attend both Baylor's and Stanford’s, scheduled for March 22.

-- Ross Jones

C

Cr122

WRIGHT SIZE

Kendall Wright may be small in size for his position (5-9, 190 pounds), but he says he has “plenty of attributes” that make him stand out.

“I’ve been compared to DeSean Jackson, Steve Smith and Mike Wallace, but I just want to be Kendall,” he said.
Wright, who had a breakout senior season with 108 receptions, 1,663 yards and 14 touchdowns, has seen his draft stock rise since the end of the season.

“I want to do whatever I can to get on the field and play,” Wright said.
As a potential first-round pick, Wright was consistently bombarded with RG3 questions, but he handled it like a pro.

“(Griffin III) won’t have any problem adjusting from the spread to under center,” he said.

-- Ross Jones

C

Cr122

FLOYD OWNS UP

It’s no secret Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd has had a troubled past, but he’s not hiding from it.
“I’ve grown a lot, it’s time to become a professional,” he said.
Floyd, who was suspended indefinitely before the 2011 season because of a DUI, but was reinstated by head coach Brian Kelly. Floyd made the most of his opportunity, racking up 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns.

“I owe him a lot of thanks for sticking by me,” said Floyd of his collegiate head coach. “He gave me a chance, I took that chance and I’m moving forward.
Floyd took immediate action by moving into the freshman dorms and even taking counseling. “I took alcoholic classes with a counselor and kids from Notre Dame. It was a great experience.”

With all of the trouble in his past, Floyd plans to do as much as he can to raise his draft stock and will participate in all drills this week.

-- Ross Jones

C

Cr122

GREEN LOOKING TO WOW SCOUTS

Ladarius Green might not be the most recognizable name among incoming NFL rookies, but he hopes to steal the show in Indianapolis.
“My biggest strength is my athletic ability, stretching the field, catching passes and creating mismatches,” Green said Thursday at the combine.

Green, who measured in at 6-foot-5 and 238 pounds, hopes to impress teams with his speed on the 40-yard dash. How fast? "Probably around a 4.5,” he said.
Green had a very consistent career at Louisiana-Lafayette, but became a big part of the team’s offense in his last two seasons, hauling in 15 touchdowns and racking up over 1,200 receiving yards.
“I take a lot of pride in that,” Green said, capping his meeting with the media.

--Ross Jones

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
With the success of Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham, and our love of the 2-TE set. Green could very much be on the Cowboys' radar.

He'll definitely stretch the middle of the field like Martellus was supposed to.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Some weigh-in results

Peter Konz: 6'5" 314, 33" arms.

David DeCastro: Nearly 6'5", 316, 32 3/4" arms.

Kevin Zeitler: Nearly 6'4", 314, 32 3/4" arms.

Those are some big, athletic dudes for the interior.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Coby Fleener had a good weigh-in too (if any TE should be picked by the Cowboys in the 2nd, it's him)

6'6" 247, 33 3/8" arms.

Dwayne Allen and Orson Charles are going to feel their stock dip a bit, because neither reached 6'4" in height. Orson Charles measured in at under 6'2 1/2". :eek

Reaction score
Ladarius green, from what little I saw, was used a lot in crossing patterns and drag routes. They wanted him to get it already in full speed

We've tried to get Martelleus the ball and he was just plodding. A lot of those Martelleus plays would be much more successful w/ Ladarius green

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
DeCastro put up 34 reps on the bench. Damn, may be gone before pick 14.

Brewster has great weight room strength, but not much playing strength (got abused physically at the Senior Bowl) putting up 29 reps on the bench.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Zeitler with 32 reps. He wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Another C to keep an eye on is Michigan's David Molk. All-conference player put up 41 reps on the bench.

C

Cr122

Wouldn't mind Glenn or Zeitler as a consolation prize. Both can play guard or center.

Top Bottom