Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I still think Tony Romo is better than Aaron Rodgers.

Discuss.

Eh. I try not to get caught up in that kind of thing. Rodgers is a very good QB with a super bowl title, Tony is a very good QB without a super bowl title.

I try not to marry myself to players, especially in this era of free agency, you just never know how long a player will remian a part of your team.

I love the fact that Romo is home grown. He worked his ass off to get where he is. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd choose Rodgers because now we know he can do it when the lights come on. I don't think you have to tear one of them down to prop up the other one.

We'll be fine with Romo. Hopefully all the pieces will come together and Romo can ~Championship belt gesture~ some day soon.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know. Apples and oranges. The difference between Rodgers and Romo is coaching, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still think Tony Romo is better than Aaron Rodgers.

Discuss.

Love Romo and he is a great player. But I think most GM's (if not all) would pick pick Rodgers over Romo and any other QB if they were starting a team today.

We've got some pieces here in place, we need more. Romo can win a championship/s IMO.

C

Cr122

Right now you have to go with Rodgers, but who knows Tony might be comeback player of the year, and we win our sixth Super Bowl. :smug

Reaction score
I heart Romo... but Rodgers is better.

I don't think Romo get the attention he deserves on the national stage, IMO. Romo is underrated, if that is possible.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't think it's even a debate. I thought Rodgers was better before the season. He proved he is without any doubt this year.

He's also younger.

sbk92

Reaction score
But I still wouldn't put Rodgers ahead of Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger. He needs to have some more playoff success first.

As of now, he's had one year of any postseason success.

Reaction score
For the Record...

I'm just glad the Skin's decided to move up to draft Jason Campbell instead of Aaron Rodgers.

They could have got him one pick earlier if they wanted him.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
If you look at the games Rodgers has played since returning from the concussion,Giants,Bears,and the playoffs,you'll see some staggering stats.Quite a run.

I like Romo,and think he has the potential to do some good things.

But Rodgers is better.

Reaction score
Put Rodgers on our team and see how good he is.....I don't think our team is any better with Rodgers...Brees, Rapinburger, or any other qb in the league. With our o-line.....shhheeeeyaat!

sbk92

Reaction score
Put Rodgers on our team and see how good he is.....I don't think our team is any better with Rodgers...Brees, Rapinburger, or any other qb in the league. With our o-line.....shhheeeeyaat!

So in other words there isn't a better QB in football than Romo.

Wrong.

Reaction score
So in other words there isn't a better QB in football than Romo.

Wrong.

in terms of evading a rush and still making a play....he's up there.

Brees, Manning, Brady,Rivers all would get killed behind our line.

and since Rodger's seems to susceptible to concussions he better have some protection too.

sbk92

Reaction score
in terms of evading a rush and still making a play....he's up there.

Brees, Manning, Brady,Rivers all would get killed behind our line.

and since Rodger's seems to susceptible to concussions he better have some protection too.

Manning hasn't had a good offensive line in a few years. He rarely gets touched. Because he can read defenses like no other.

Rivers can move around. Rodgers and Brees too. Brady might have some trouble but, again, I think he can read defenses and work around a shoddy line better than Romo.

Not saying any would thrive, but to say Romo does better than any other QB in the league would is laughable.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He has as many Super Bowl wins as Brees and Manning, so I don't see why you couldn't place Rodgers ahead of them. Afterall, he is the reigning Super Bowl Champion QB.

Top Bottom