Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My best friend works for the Cowboys, and has an office in Valley Ranch. He overheard a conversation of Stephen Jones regarding the draft. He said if Goff is there @4, he's the pick. Since that won't be happening, they want Ramsey or Elliott. They are NOT impressed with Bosa. They are actually leaning more to Elliott, so don't be surpised if we get him @ #4. Marinelli wants him as well.

Just passing this along. It's not a guarantee, but if it came from Stephen's mouth in a private conversation, i think it's pretty reliable info.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting, has he ever passed along any good stories to you about the inner workings @VR?

does he think jerri & sons are as bad as many fans believe?

Or, are we being catfished?

Reaction score
~With the fourth pick in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select from Ohio State University, defensive end Joey Bosa.~

Rynie- "Back to the shadows I go."

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Interesting, has he ever passed along any good stories to you about the inner workings @VR?

does he think jerri & sons are as bad as many fans believe?

Or, are we being catfished?

Hmm. Not really. I remember his telling me Jerry hates red, and NOBODY is allowed to wear a red tie, even.

He told me that McClay and Stephen are in charge, but we all knew that.

My boy drives the hall of fame truck, so he's on the road too.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Since that won't be happening, they want Ramsey or Elliott. They are NOT impressed with Bosa. They are actually leaning more to Elliott, so don't be surpised if we get him @ #4. Marinelli wants him as well.
Funny, that's the same story some writer had a few days ago. Is that Marinelli not really liking the defensive players at the top that much, or is that him trying to nudge Garrett and Co to run the ball more so his defense isn't hung out to dry like every year except 2014?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Funny, that's the same story some writer had a few days ago. Is that Marinelli not really liking the defensive players at the top that much, or is that him trying to nudge Garrett and Co to run the ball more so his defense isn't hung out to dry like every year except 2014?

This guy basically insinuates Jerry is on an island about Elliott and that everyone else wants Bosa or Ramsey:

Charles Robinson also points out (on Twitter) that Jerry Jones is a big Ezekiel Elliott fan, and that the Cowboys owner would prefer the Ohio State runner or Jalen Ramsey at No. 4. Conversely, Robinson connects the Cowboys front office as a whole to a choice between Ramsey and Joey Bosa.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Uh, no. My best friend that I've literally known since birth works for the Cowboys. You don't have to believe anything i typed.

To be blunt I have read on numerous forums over the years this same sort of so called 'insider' scoop. So don't get your panties in a bunch if no one really believes you.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I really find it hard to believe we would take a RB at 4 who frankly does not seem the second coming of AP or even Gurley which Elliot is not. With a trade down I could see it but not at 4.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's a lot to the Elloitt at 4 story. GloryDays wants him bad and has been texting me a lot, so I bugged my friend who used to work for the Cowboys and still works in Dallas. According to him, it's basically down to Ramsey or Bosa, trade down if someone wants to jump up for Tunsil, with a strong push by many for Elliott at 4. Basically, exactly what Rynie said.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What does the fat woman who places people in apartments there have t say on this?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From the PC today, definitely sounds as if the choice has come down to Ramsey or Elliott

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think it'll be Ramsey.

Kind of telling that dipshit Jerry raved about Ramseys practice habits when asked about the defensive line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think it'll be Ramsey.

Kind of telling that dipshit Jerry raved about Ramseys practice habits when asked about the defensive line.

I need to find it, but a month or so ago there was a story that came out about Garrett actually going to a private workout for Ramsey and being really enamored with Ramsey because he wasn't just a superb athlete, but because ff his tremendous leadership skills and football smarts. The story noted how Ramsey clearly had that FSU locker room behind him and "others did what he would do" in terms of work ethic and practice habits etc etc

I cant remember where I saw it but I will do some digging.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Had McFadden been the starter from GM 1 last year, he would have been a 1,400 rusher. We don't need Elliott, and we certainly don't need him more than a pass rusher or secondary help.

Top Bottom