GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's your take on this team?

Same ole same ole 8-8

Team is improving

Team is getting worse

Watching these first 7 games, The team is definitely different. I'm not sure different means better though. What do you guys think?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We seem to be improving.

I'm going with 10-6 this year - possibly 11-5.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're better on offense because of Williams, Fred, Waters, and Romo's bigger influence with Callahan. I think we're going to feel the lack of a D-line soon, though and be a little worse on defense. Still a net positive.

Biggest reason we'll have a better record, though, isn't our play. It's this terrible division.

Reaction score
We're a hard team to figure out. We've scored a lot of points this year, yet to me it still feels like our offense is woefully inconsistant.

I don't think we dictate what defenses do. I feel like we let defenses dictate what we do. I think we have the talent to be dominant on offense, but we're not.

On defense, we're a mess. Any quality QB will have their way with us.

I feel like any time we face a team with a quality QB, we're going to have to get into a shoot out, and at that point, its going to be a matter of which team makes the worst mistake at the worst time. Unfortunately, with Romo, that'll probably be us more times than not.

I havent' looked at the schedule the rest of the way, but I think we're a division winner but early exit from the playoffs.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're better on offense because of Williams, Fred, Waters, and Romo's bigger influence with Callahan. I think we're going to feel the lack of a D-line soon, though and be a little worse on defense. Still a net positive.

Biggest reason we'll have a better record, though, isn't our play. It's this terrible division.

Yeah. The division is incredibly bad. It's hard to decipher if we are better or just playing shittier teams.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're a hard team to figure out. We've scored a lot of points this year, yet to me it still feels like our offense is woefully inconsistant.

I don't think we dictate what defenses do. I feel like we let defenses dictate what we do. I think we have the talent to be dominant on offense, but we're not.

On defense, we're a mess. Any quality QB will have their way with us.

I feel like any time we face a team with a quality QB, we're going to have to get into a shoot out, and at that point, its going to be a matter of which team makes the worst mistake at the worst time. Unfortunately, with Romo, that'll probably be us more times than not.

I havent' looked at the schedule the rest of the way, but I think we're a division winner but early exit from the playoffs.

Hahahaha. Your avi is hilarious

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions stomped us, at least on offense. Stafford is going to look like Dan Marino compared to Foles.

But then our O should light them up, too. One thing I hate is that we're basically a dome team now. Which means we aren't going to handle the elements well (like yesterday), but inside our offense should tear it up.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The defense is a clusterfuck, but it's nowhere near as bad as last year and it is improving. Slowly.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are we playing more man than zone the last two games as opposed to previous games? Are we just facing shitty QBs? Pass defense looks way better

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think he's got them playing more man.

Carr had a really good game. Claiborne did OK.

Reaction score
I don't care enough to break down film or anything, but I do remember the commentators mentioning that we have been playing more press coverage and more man lately.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The good is that the division is awful and we have gotten away from Garrett's play calling.

The bad is Jerry is taking shortcuts hoping that the Safety, Defensive Line, and RB (Murray's injury) will work themselves out. It's going to haunt us down the stretch and certainly in the playoffs.

Reaction score
Yesterday's game was more about Philly's disintegration and blunders than Dallas really dominating. When Foles was sacked by Selvie and Wynn, he had a huge amount of time and scrambling space. He could have just gone out of bounds or lunged forward for 10 yards. Vick would have scored. It does show how great the DBs were covering but it was an event of Foles being stupid rather than a great DL play. Celek and Avante would have been TDs but for terrible throws. They were wide open.

Dallas needs more method and clock control, which will open up the long play. But every coach knows that when Dallas goes to 3rd down, there is really only one process that happens with the O-line and Romo, and so they can blitz him at will. I think Jason thinks that since the WRs are running different routes, the play is technically different. But it's not. It's just a big opportunity to blitz Romo without worrying about a handoff, and end around, a counter and force a throw/error/sack. If there is no reason for the defense to pause and consider any other options the offense may have prior to the dropback and throw, they can just pin back their ears and launch.

This part of the offense is not Callahan. It's Jason's scheme.

Reaction score
I simply don't know how they'll do in the second half of the season.

In general, I'm feeling good about Romo. I thought he looked like a confident field general sort of QB yesterday. To me, it now seems like he's at the peak of his powers.

If he can stay healthy, I think it is possible for this team to get into the playoffs and have some success there (a win or two).

Apparently it was windy and that screwed up passing accuracy, so I am not particularly worried about that.

Top Bottom