Reaction score
Texas Tech WR Darrin Moore and Houston LB Everett Daniels invited to tryout at Cowboys minicamp

The Cowboys have invited to Texas Tech receiver Darrin Moore and Houston linebacker Everett Daniels to participate in this weekend's minicamp on a tryout basis, per their agent Garriett Blair.

They will join the seven 2013 draft picks, the signed undrafted free agents as well as a select group of first year players at the minicamp Friday through Sunday at the team's Valley Ranch headquarters.

Moore had 92 catches for 1,032 yards and 13 touchowns as a senior at Texas Tech in 2012.
Daniels recorded 111 tackles last season.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...tryout-at-cowboys-minicamp.html#storylink=cpy

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good invites, guys who may not fit the physical ideal, but were very productive. Even if they don't stick they'll train the right way

Reaction score
Cowboys to invite 14 to rookie camp tryout
May, 9, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Last year, defensive end Ben Bass turned a rookie minicamp tryout into spot on the Cowboys’ practice squad and eventually a call-up to the 53-man roster.

Ed Werder joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss potential past conflicts between Jason Garrett and Tony Romo regarding Romo's involvement in the offense and what changes will be made in the 2013 season.

Listen
The Cowboys have invited 14 players to this weekend’s rookie minicamp in hopes of finding another Bass, including three players with local ties: Houston linebacker Everett Daniels (Sachse) and two Texas Tech-exes, wide receiver Darrin Moore (Irving MacArthur) and long snapper Jesse Smitherman (Burleson).

The other invitees are tight end B.J. Stewart (Cumberland), wide receiver Anthony Amos (Middle Tennessee), tackle James Nelson (UTEP), defensive end Tremayne Scott (Ohio), defensive lineman Jerome Long (San Diego State), defensive tackle Nick Johnson (Baylor), defensive tackle DiMetrio Tyson (Jacksonville State), running back Robbie Rouse (Fresno State), offensive lineman D.J. Hall (Texas State), guard Micah James (Middle Tennessee) and cornerback Adrien Spencer (Bowling Green).

They will join the Cowboys' seven draft picks and assorted first-year players at the camp. The first practice is Friday morning.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Robbie Rouse is only player I'm familiar with. I remember we showed interest in the Cumberland TE before the draft.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Anthony Amos is pretty intriguing. Looked so-so at the Shrine game, but is tall, like 6'5".

Tremayne Scott might be an under-the-radar pass-rusher.

Reaction score
‏@HelmanDC 1m 6th round pick DeVonte Holloman signed with the Cowboys this morning ahead of mini camp.

Reaction score
@nickeatman 36m In a very early impression.. BW Webb looks pretty smooth with his backpedal .. He passes the eye test

Reaction score
@fishsports 11m Escobar in different league from these TEs in skill. Freedman a body catcher. (Built like an OT). Stewart jersey no 48 reminds why he's here

Reaction score
‏@toddarcher 13s It's a 'good' bigger for Escobar. And he's catching everything so far but limited work so far

Reaction score
‏@calexmendez 4m Nate Livings is watching practice. Says he's down to 317, eating better, taking everything more serious. 'Protecting your money?' He smiles.

POS. Thanks for taking things serious, Nathan.

Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus 10m My early look here during this team run period is that Callahan is calling the plays.

‏@toddarcher 7m Kendial Lawrence not disappointing with the quick moves. Not bad

@KavnerDC 7m Travis Frederick lining up at center as anticipated

@fishsports 48s I don't believe they build NFL centers much bigger than @tfrederick72 #cowboys @1053thefan

@toddarcher 55s JJ Wilcox forced a fumble on BJ Stewart after ripping the ball free. Coaches pleased

Reaction score
Oh great our small school project reject safety is a cheater too...

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 58s Supposed to be non-contact. JJ Wilcox aggressive strips, pleasing #cowboys coaches by bending rules

buckup

Reaction score
@toddarcher 7m Kendial Lawrence not disappointing with the quick moves. Not bad
[video]https://vine.co/v/b0ZWaqugJpY[/video]

Before you say anything, Midswat, this site won't let me post the actual video.

Reaction score
@clarencehilljr: Talked to Dware. Said he has added seven pounds of muscle to play de at 262 without any loss of speed or quickness

@BryanBroaddus: Watching OL drills looks like they taking some hard zone steps. New OL coach Pollock coaching the drill.Callahan watching

Reaction score
BW Webb is killing all the receivers - inlcuding Williams - according to reports.

Thats a good thing.

‏@fishsports 30s It is fair to say the @cowboys head coach likes what he sees of Missouri RB Kendial Lawrence @1053thefan

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hate seeing Ware adding muscle. I've never seen these "body transformation" blurbs and then several months later been all "thank god julius jones added muscle in the offseason"

Play at your weight. Bulking/cutting to fill a role never works. Tbh i don't care if Ware can play the run at all.

Reaction score
@nickeatman 36m In a very early impression.. BW Webb looks pretty smooth with his backpedal .. He passes the eye test

Pet cat. I still think the combine stats are hard to ignore. Plus there are so many fun things to do with the name. Webb and Carr = SpiderBuggy.

Top Bottom