Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So I am making a thread on vinyl.

no one will care, but I am anyway.

Either today or tomorrow I have a 2nd pressing of The Beatles Rubber Soul coming, A parlophone UK mono 2nd pressing of one of the most important albums in music history. I cant wait till it gets here.

647531187_o.jpg

So anyone have any favorite albums, or favorites on Vinyl? Or is this going to be the only post ever in the thread!!!

Here are a few I cant get enough of.
lp-1-web_zpsb644256a.jpg

lp-2-web_zps53dca952.jpg

and of course KISS vinly is just awesome.
lp-3-web_zps9d89953f.jpg

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I used to have tons of sweet albums. Like an idiot I let my wife convinced me to sell them in a yard sale.

I used to go to all the CD/Vinyl fairs and stocked up on some very cool albums. Now that I've built up my PA system again I want those damn records back.

I mostly use my laptop and ipod with my system but believe me I want to add an phono to it. I miss it.

Last edited:

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
When I get the time, I'll post pictures of all my musical equiptment and my drumset. Pretty sweet stuff.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I used to have tons of sweet albums. Like an idiot I let my wife convinced me to sell them in a yard sale.

I used to go to all the CD/Vinyl fairs and stocked up on some very cool albums. Now that I've built up my PA system again I want those damn records back.

I mostly use my laptop and ipod with my system but believe me I want to add an phono to it. I miss it.

cool.

I dont have a ton of vinyl, but with my current obsession what it is I will in the near future. Its the best.

vinyl sales are growing, we are finally past that generation of kids who know nothing about music really. this next generation for whatever reason has an appreciaton it seems of music and vinyl again. the last one just wanted to download everything and listen to single songs for free on crappy tiny ear buds.

Thankfully it seems that is coming to an end in some regard. Unfortunately that generation has put most of the record/music stores and high end audio stores out of buisness and there is no going back.

My kids are finally old enough that I could get a normal setup again like I used to have without worrying about breaking stuff. When I started looking around to go listen and try stuff out I realized there is nowhere left to do this.

When I first moved to North Texas (10 years ago today was my first day here) there was ultimate electronics, best buy, circuit city, home theater store, star power, Marvins...which was the best.....

now all but best buy are closed. Its a shame. The dealers closed and then the companies that make the products have nowhere to sell them and now they are struggling.

I bought a pair magnepan MMG's in december. Made in white bear lake, MN......good price because they sell direct with a 60 day in home tryout policy.........

also bought an american made Turntable VPI traveler. Made in New Jersey.

Its pretty cool to buy stuff made in the USA.
http://www.magnepan.com/
http://vpiindustries.com/

hopefully someday down the road I can afford a made in the USA amp and preamp also.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
love it man. I'm considering buying this cabinet.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/atq/3641062501.html

feel like that's a great deal if it works.

I don't really have much of a collection. It's old classic rock and 90s punk and newer like funky psychedelic sex rock.

Those are pretty cool. No idea how it sounds. Just make sure the cartidge and needle are in good shape or you will ruin the grooves on the lp's.

book stores, garage sales and craigslist are the best and cheapest places for vinyl. record stores all have retail prices and collector's prices.....although if I am going to buy something new I will buy it from a record story...in my case forever young records in grand prairie.
http://www.foreveryoungrecords.com/

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I had all the Kiss albums. Destroyer, Alivell and so on.

I have a bunch of them. I have been looking for the ones I am missing at various places but have not seen any of them yet.

I keep looking for a good copy of rock and roll over for cheap but can never find one.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My favorites that I have so far is Bob Seger-Night Moves, INXS-Listen Like Thieves, Minus The Bear-Omni, and NOFX-The War on Errorism

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My favorites that I have so far is Bob Seger-Night Moves, INXS-Listen Like Thieves, Minus The Bear-Omni, and NOFX-The War on Errorism

Love inxs

I bought the head and the heart album and it sounds like someone pressed the vinyl out of mp3's and now I don't want to buy indie bands on vinyl. I imagine most are recording into some cheap recording stuff.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Crap,can someone block Sheik from this thread?
Unless someone has one of those Men In Black memory erasing tools.
Never mind why.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have a bunch of them. I have been looking for the ones I am missing at various places but have not seen any of them yet.

I keep looking for a good copy of rock and roll over for cheap but can never find one.

I know exactly where I can get another copy. My buddy owns a thrift store in the same building as mine and he has a copy. Last I checked it was still there.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
cool.

I dont have a ton of vinyl, but with my current obsession what it is I will in the near future. Its the best.

vinyl sales are growing, we are finally past that generation of kids who know nothing about music really. this next generation for whatever reason has an appreciaton it seems of music and vinyl again. the last one just wanted to download everything and listen to single songs for free on crappy tiny ear buds.

Thankfully it seems that is coming to an end in some regard. Unfortunately that generation has put most of the record/music stores and high end audio stores out of buisness and there is no going back.

My kids are finally old enough that I could get a normal setup again like I used to have without worrying about breaking stuff. When I started looking around to go listen and try stuff out I realized there is nowhere left to do this.

When I first moved to North Texas (10 years ago today was my first day here) there was ultimate electronics, best buy, circuit city, home theater store, star power, Marvins...which was the best.....

now all but best buy are closed. Its a shame. The dealers closed and then the companies that make the products have nowhere to sell them and now they are struggling.

I bought a pair magnepan MMG's in december. Made in white bear lake, MN......good price because they sell direct with a 60 day in home tryout policy.........

also bought an american made Turntable VPI traveler. Made in New Jersey.

Its pretty cool to buy stuff made in the USA.
http://www.magnepan.com/
http://vpiindustries.com/

hopefully someday down the road I can afford a made in the USA amp and preamp also.

Thanks for those links, theebs. Cool stuff.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well I see the vinyl thread is in need of a funeral.

Before it dies I have to say that the doors 180 gram reissues are ridiculously outstanding.

I have listened to strange days and waiting for the sun about 50 times in the past two months or so....

Few better then the boys from Venice.

Reaction score
I look for vinyl all the time. Love listening to records.

I found a couple of Zeppelin albums at a thrift shop only to find they didn't have the records. I have Two vintage Beatles albums White album and the 62-66 red album, bunch of others older rock albums too. I also have some reproductions not as fun as finding an old copy.

Reaction score
Well I see the vinyl thread is in need of a funeral.

Before it dies I have to say that the doors 180 gram reissues are ridiculously outstanding.

I have listened to strange days and waiting for the sun about 50 times in the past two months or so....

Few better then the boys from Venice.

Few better than The Doors?

:no

Top Bottom