Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
WFAA Sports ‏@wfaasports
News 8 has learned Grapevine police have arrested Cowboys nose tackle Jay Ratliff. Details to follow. #wfaanews

this offseason sucks.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
good...out of all the "prominent" players on the roster..he was my top choice..

i hope he got arrested for beating jerrys ass

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
good...out of all the "prominent" players on the roster..he was my top choice..

i hope he got arrested for beating jerrys ass

I really hope its not a DWI after what this team just went through.

and I like Ratliff a lot so I hope he didn't beat a hooker or something after doing 8 balls off her ass or something either.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
beating a woman was the first thing that came to my mind

its early so it has to be a domestic issue or a traffic violation of some sort.

I can imagine jay not putting up with the way the police treat people.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
oh for Christ sake he got a dwi on 114 and hit a trailer.

good lord these guys are stupid.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
well McMahon says he crashed his f-150 into a truck this morning.

I am going to cancel the internet soon so I don't have to read this kind of stuff.

this sucks.

Reaction score
lol lol lol

I love it. Looks like Garrett's accountability talks really stuck. The team "came together" with their coach to watch AJ Green drop game-winning passes. I hope that finally sinks in with the DFW media.

I also hope more of this stuff happens so long as no innocent people get hurt.

Reaction score
Also seems like Lacewell and Switzer really are back with a vengeance here.

Can't wait till a gun incident.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Jay Ratliff charged with DWI

Updated: January 22, 2013, 9:04 PM ET
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Dallas Cowboys starting nose tackle Jay Ratliff was arrested and charged with DWI in the early morning hours Tuesday after he crashed his 2011 Ford pickup truck into a 18-wheeler, according to Grapevine, Texas police senior officer Sam Shemwell.

Ratliff and the driver of the tracker trailer were not injured, according to Shemwell.

Police arrived in the 2800 block of East State Highway 114 at 12:36 a.m. to investigate a crash. Police, according to Shemwell, upon an investigation of the crash, arrested Ratliff after allegedly determining he was intoxicated.

Ratliff was bonded out of a Grapevine jail on Tuesday morning.

Cowboys officials, in Mobile watching practices for Saturday's Senior Bowl, declined comment. Ratliff's agent, Mark Slough, declined comment.

Ratliff, who was not available for comment, played in just six games in 2012 because of injuries. He underwent a sports hernia surgery in late December, ending his season. However, the Cowboys kept him on the active roster with the hope he would return in the playoffs, if the team had made it.

The Ratliff arrest marks the second time a Cowboys player has dealt with police officials regarding DWIs in the last several months.

On Dec. 8, backup nose tackle Josh Brent was charged with involuntary manslaughter resulting in the death of friend and Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown.

In an ironic twist, Ratliff has a close relationship to Brent.

Brent was tested after the crash and it was determined he had a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit at the time of the crash.

Brent was indicted on one count of intoxication manslaughter and faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted. He could also receive probation. Brent is free on $100,000 bond and required to wear an alcohol monitor.

Ratliff is considered one of the more passionate players on the team. He got into a heated argument with Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones in which both men needed to be separated.

Tuesday afternoon, Jones was asked about Ratliff's status with the team, given the argument the two had during the season.

"As far as I'm concerned, he is outstanding, he has given everything he's ever had to the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said. "With me, any of that emotion that were involved between us is only reflected back on many times that we've had in our own way some emotional time with each other. And it in no way before was ever contentious.

"So when you've got the kind of background we've got together, then if you have a moment that you might not have been on the same page, that's like father-son, that's like family, that's like all that. That's forgotten when you know each other has your best interests at heart. We both know that."

Any NFL player that is arrested is subject to the NFL conduct policy which could result in a fine or suspension.

Reaction score
I wanted Warmack but this is just getting ridiculous. If they don't address OL and DL in the opening two rounds, we are very screwed.

Top Bottom