bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
So the brilliant offensive mind in Garret will no longer be calling plays or designing the schemes

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ed also went on about how great Kiffin was, saying he was like Dick Lebeau. What? lol

Whatever happens, he says Garrett won't call plays. Thinks we could go more WCO style and let Callahan call plays.

Totally admits that Norv may have better opportunities elsewhere. And Ed acts like getting the offensive staff to find jobs elsewhere plays a role -- if we can't get enough of them to leave, there could be too big a financial incentive to just keep the offensive guys we have.

What a fiasco. At least Garrett is losing control on O.

Edit, adding this -- Ed guesses 70% chance we get Kiffin. Thinks better than 50% we get Norv.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing like going back to relics. I think the whole Norv scheme is outdated. He couldn’t get Rivers over the hump, doubt he can with Romo. Still an improvement over Garrett tho. Cover 2...yawn. It is a solid system and can be extremely effective, but you have to have the right guys to run it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is he reporting? That we're interested? That they're going to be hired? You are the shittiest fucking thread starter in history.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see carpetbagger Kiffin as a vast improvement compared to Ryan.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What is he reporting? That we're interested? That they're going to be hired? You are the shittiest fucking thread starter in history.

stop attacking him or he might start another poll.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My bad.

The Jags just fired Mularkey. I guess there's hope for redball to be shown the door yet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing like going back to relics. I think the whole Norv scheme is outdated. He couldn’t get Rivers over the hump, doubt he can with Romo. Still an improvement over Garrett tho. Cover 2...yawn. It is a solid system and can be extremely effective, but you have to have the right guys to run it.

Norv's scheme isnt outdated.

Reaction score
Threat title updated.

I wonder how many times in a week Norv would look over at Jason Garrett with disgust.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like Norv.

HATE Kiffin.

Kiffin being compared to Lebeau? lol

I dont think its laughable that Kiffin would be compared to somebody like LeBeau, Kiffin was a great DC in the NFL for quite some time. Alot of the stuff he pioneered is stuff being done by alot of other DC's around the league now, most notably the "Tampa 12" scheme.

Just dont know what he has left. Not sure if he can still stay ahead of opposing offenses. He really struggled at USC, although thats a different type of game now.

Reaction score
Threat title updated.

I wonder how many times in a week Norv would look over at Jason Garrett with disgust.

It might be a constant stare down of disgust. Norv for Garrett's shitty coaching and Garrett trying to figure out why Norv's face looks like a pin cushion.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've watched enough of Norv's offense to absolutely despise it. It looks like ours, except it's run everyone deep, then flare the HB out to the flat and hope Rivers can get it out of his hand before he gets obliterated. It works well if you have a QB like Rivers who has no problem chucking up jump balls when he has really tall receivers who excel at going up and getting it. It doesn't work so well with Eddie Royal and co.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've watched enough of Norv's offense to absolutely despise it. It looks like ours, except it's run everyone deep, then flare the HB out to the flat and hope Rivers can get it out of his hand before he gets obliterated. It works well if you have a QB like Rivers who has no problem chucking up jump balls when he has really tall receivers who excel at going up and getting it. It doesn't work so well with Eddie Royal and co.

I think their problems were two fold this past year, and it had nothing to do with Norv.

1) They have lost alot of offensive talent 2) They had a ton of injuries to their OL

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score

We got 2 WRs who aren't so bad at going up and getting it

Top Bottom