Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I stated specifically why I wanted the Eagles over Seattle in my post that you quoted. I said it was because we have already beaten the Eagles twice this season.
Right, and then I pointed out that same thing happened to us in 2007.
Just like the Giants in 07. We swept them then they beat us in the playoffs. Things have changed in Philly. It's not anywhere near the team it was. Perhaps you haven't been watching them.

I'd much rather see Seattle. Don't want to see Philly.
Remember what you said after that?

It was, "Uhh, yeah, well... The coach! Yeah our bad coach means we lose!"

Which wasn't the argument. The argument was, Eagles or Seattle. Which one do you like our chances better against. Your only answer to that was silly, and was shown to be so. That's when the backpedaling, swaying, dodging and weaseling started. Followed by intentional obtuseness and pretend ignorance of what the topic even was.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You were in the same building with Jerry, Stephen and Ginger. And nobody died?

I was there a couple of years ago and met the guy in person when he walked to the area of the field I was on during pre-game warmups. I took some pictures with him and my son but I choked when the opportunity came knocking. He didn't come over this time and I'm kind of glad. I'd hate to lose my nerve twice in one lifetime.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was there a couple of years ago and met the guy in person when he walked to the area of the field I was on during pre-game warmups. I took some pictures with him and my son but I choked when the opportunity came knocking. He didn't come over this time and I'm kind of glad. I'd hate to lose my nerve twice in one lifetime.
LOL

I hope you know I'm kidding. Although I do wish a horrid, painful, lingering suffering death on Jerry I really wouldn't want any Universor to be the killer. Or even to commit an act of violence against him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With a large portion of my family being Seattle fans it will be my luck that they stomp us.
LOL

My apologies Scot. I now see the valid reason you have, for wanting Philly here for the playoff game and not Seattle. You were choosing the one that would be less painful for you, to see us lose to! You were never arguing who you thought we had a better chance against! I misunderstood.

Carry on.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok where to start...

What happened in 07 with the NYG has zero bearing on what happens this season. We can look at the history of the league to find pretty much any data point to support pretty much any viewpoint.

In the end it’s meaningless.

What happened with a different team vs the Cowboys over a decade ago holds zero sway over what will happen with these teams this time around.

Your point is...
pointless

What we do know about this team this season is this....

We Beat PHI twice

And Lost to Seattle once

I would rather play a team we’ve beaten twice vs one that beat us once this season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok where to start...

What happened in 07 with the NYG has zero bearing on what happens this season. We can look at the history of the league to find pretty much any data point to support pretty much any viewpoint.

In the end it’s meaningless.

What happened with a different team vs the Cowboys over a decade ago holds zero sway over what will happen with these teams this time around.

Your point is...
pointless

What we do know about this team this season is this....

We Beat PHI twice

And Lost to Seattle once

I would rather play a team we’ve beaten twice vs one that beat us once this season.

Wait, we're back to who we like our chances better against?

You would rather face a division opponent that is super bowl champion, who is very familiar with us, has a big chip on its shoulder and who oh by the way hates us, than a team that now, today, we match up very well against and who away from home, is pretty shaky?

Well, we already have the shaky one. So its moot.

By the way, did you know it very seldom happens for a team to beat the same division opponent that third time, in the playoffs? It's a real thing.

You want Seattle.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok where to start...

What happened in 07 with the NYG has zero bearing on what happens this season.
But.... We'd already beaten them twice that year. Relevant to your infantile argument. You think two wins over Philly, one of those in overtime, means we have a better chance to win the third meet?

I bet you believe that if a coin comes up heads the first two times you toss it, that the chances are better that it will be heads on the third toss instead of tails.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I want to play the Eagles....

Because that means we've beaten Seattle and the Rams , NO is out, and we're in the NFC Championship game in Dallas.

It would be a bonus to break their little hearts 3 times in a row and spit on their "dynasty".

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Because that means we've beaten Seattle and the Rams , NO is out, and we're in the NFC Championship game in Dallas.
LOL Yeah. Now you're talkin.

But for the wildcard game, you do NOT want Philly.

By the way: The week 3, 24-13 loss to Seattle? Was AT Seattle where they seldom ever lose, and we were in the midst of our 3-5 start - without Cooper and when this defense hadn't jelled yet. Marinelli was still calling the defensive plays and LVE wasn't a star yet and wasn't playing all that much and our secondary was shaky, learning the new ropes from Richard. The o-line was still fucked up from the line coach we fired... It's not even the same planet we're on now. Seattle hasn't seen this Cowboys team. You want Seattle.

Structural Ratt

Spectator
Reaction score
That scrub strutted out during warm ups with a smile on his face. Best job in the world for 4 million plus a year. I was 15 rows from the field but in the corner of the endzone. I used to have an arm in my younger years but not so much now or I would have made a few thousand people very happy.

Me and my son were in Section 129 row 30 - section was full of Cowboys Fans. The last defensive stand was deafening.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have some buddies in NJ that are huge Giants fans and have season tickets. I can usually get the Cowboys game for face value and all my friends have pretty good seats. This year I bought tickets for my son's birthday which was in October (he turned 20). I'd rather not go to the games but we make a day of it so I just swallow my dislike of Jerry and the Red Dolt for a day. My son doesn't like Garrett either but he's not as emotionally invested in the team as I am and doesn't get worked up like I do.

The 1:00 PM EST game time made it tough to tailgate which we usually do when we go see a football game. Plus a lot of Giants fans sold their tickets so I didn't know anyone at the game. I'll say the Cowboys were well represented and, overall, the Giants fans were pretty tame but I guess having nothing to play for will do that to you. My son wore his Emmitt Smith #22 Jersey that I bought when I was his age and I gave to him. He's got a few others as well but he went with #22.....good choice. I wasn't keen on wearing "colors," but if that's what the kid wanted to do, then fuck it. A friend got us passes to get on the field during warm-ups which my son enjoys. I don't have great pictures (I just used our iPhones) and I won't post any of myself or my son but I'll see what I can dig up.

When we got our seats the first thing I noticed was our ignorant neighbors. These fools just find me for some reason; I'm a magnet for them. It was two older dudes and a couple of younger girls that were probably their loud mouthed daughters. They didn't give me a hard time but it just seemed like they would argue with anyone walking by them for some reason just trying to egg people on. And they weren't even arguing with Cowboys fans. Just anyone that caught their attention for some unknown reason.

In any event, I thought the game was hard to watch from the corner of the end zone. We were 15 rows from the field so the seats were good in that respect but it was hard to see the plays develop and see the whole field. I thought Dak picked it up after a relatively poor first quarter. The D took the ball away twice but I don't think we got any points off those turnovers. Dak drives me nuts. Witten was right when he stated that Dak wasn't a progression QB. He's a one read QB. But I think this was his best game of the year and it gives me some hope going into the playoffs that we can make some noise. But I can't tell you how many times receivers were running open and every Cowboys fan in my section was screaming for Dak to pull the trigger. I'd bet a lot of you guys noticed that Dak was late on a lot of throws, even the ones he completed, especially to Jarwin. But I'll say again I thought he played a good game. I won't say great because he made some pretty bad passes that you'd expect a QB to make but he carried the team (yes, I said it) and made the plays to win the game. Clutch.....(yes, I said it again).

Cooper breaks ankles...period. On the endzone pass in the 4th quarter, the DB completely fell after being juked and Cooper was just wide, wide open but Dak needed to throw that sooner. Gallup also had a good game and Dak leaves a lot of yards on the field with his WR's. Again, I don't want to sound too critical because Dak carried the team and made the plays to win the game. But these receivers were running open.

I thought Barkley fumbled the ball when he tried to stretch over the goal line but I didn't see the replay. The holding call against the Giants when they were in the red zone in the 4th quarter was huge. It held them to a FG and kept it a 1 score game. Taco's body language just sucks. The guy is a physical specimen and you'd think he could give you some pressure but I guess not. I don't know why Lee wasn't in the game when LVE was hurt but Lee just seemed slow out there when he was playing. I don't know if his hammy was bothering him but we're lucky LVE is as good as he is because Lee is done. Did the DL have a sack? I remember they pressured Eli into a couple of throw aways and poor throws but they need to play better next week.

The best part was after Beasley's catch that they initially ruled incomplete, the stadium started to empty and people were heading for the door. They don't show many replays on the big screen so as not to allow the opposing team to challenge so I just figured it was incomplete and Dak threw it out of the endzone. As I'm going up the stairs, everyone just stopped and waited for the booth review and the place went nuts when they ruled it a TD.

It was a great game to be at and my son had a blast. There were quite a few Cowboys fans in attendance. My son thought it was 50-50 and he might be right. It got crazy when the Cowboys made a play and same for the Giants. That's pretty much all I can think of.....

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL

I hope you know I'm kidding. Although I do wish a horrid, painful, lingering suffering death on Jerry I really wouldn't want any Universor to be the killer. Or even to commit an act of violence against him.

I know, right? Some shit will happen and someone will pull up our posts and make us instant suspects. LOL

But my kid and I were joking about it. At one point, his head of security walked into our area and I thought Jerry might follow. I don't remember the guys name, he's a short black guy who couldn't take down dbair if he made a move for Jerry.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me and my son were in Section 129 row 30 - section was full of Cowboys Fans. The last defensive stand was deafening.

No way Ratt....we were in section 124, Row 15. It got loud for sure and people were on their feet.

How old is your son?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You guys should have posted your locations here, during the game. Y'all could have met!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys should have posted your locations here, during the game. Y'all could have met!

I should have but the game got pretty exciting after the 1st quarter so I didn't look at my phone much.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dodger it's good that Dak had a great game but definitely true it could have been a better one. But the thing is, truly he does hold the ball too long. I'm wondering if that's better than hurried panicky throws that result in bonehead picks. Getting rid of it just to avoid a sack. I'm wondering if better coaching and some quality rep time with his crop of receivers helps that any?

I noticed today him staring down receivers and that's a really bad habit to develop and must he corrected. He's done that off and on all season but moreso this season than others. These are all things that good coaching can fix. They're not doing this kid any favors with the quarterback room they have.

He's got the tools and the ability. But he needs work that I'm not sure he's getting. Would you agree?

Top Bottom