DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Offense only scored 8 points. Who in the hell could have not seen that coming from 100 miles away. I predicted 10 points and they couldn't even manage that. LMAO.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Nah that's not true NoMo.

They fought, scratched and clawed and it was only a one possession game in the end. Garrett had them really scrapping!

Sadly that will be the feeling around the Star today and this week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trey Wingo bashing the Boys. Clock management. Coaching. Personnel decisions.

100% deserved.

Other than maybe the Bills, there wasn't a team that played yesterday that looked as completely inept as this team did.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
100% deserved.

Other than maybe the Bills, there wasn't a team that played yesterday that looked as completely inept as this team did.

Never in my life have I wished for us to lose or have a bad season. But 0-16 would be grand this year if it meant getting rid of Red and the entire staff.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gooooood morning

heres some morning diarrhea !

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
SOS

Mark Lane

@therealmarklane
now28 seconds ago
More
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett tells @1053thefan he thought they competed hard yesterday against the #Panthers.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty ugly Cup. But no one should be surprised except for dbair. He really is/was a true believer.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
You always hear that kind of gibberish from coaches when they're terrible coaches and make all the wrong decisions. "A lot of good things happened and there were a lot of coachable moments that mattered." ~Marvin Lewis
Hey, I'm happy we pulled it out of the garbage bin against the Colts yesterday, but I'm still not overly confident that we'll do the same thing in the coming weeks against Baltimore, Atlanta or even Cleveland.. Although we do seem to strike it lucky against Baltimore more often than not..

Woops.. I meant to reply to the one about the marvelous comments by your wonderful head coach..

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
We'll trade you a Mike Brown and a practice field for your offensive line, but you get to keep your stud puppy offensive line coach and listen to him play piano and tell you all about how a ketchup bottle is the key to a great offensive lineman.. Deal?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The decision not to punt when you had all three timeouts and the two minute warning was borderline criminal. At the Panther 48, you punt and pin them deep. In all likelihood, Carolina gets conservative on offense and you get the ball back with good field position. And there was no home crowd to influence Garrett on that reckless decision.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mosher needs to go back and look at all the run plays then, especially the ones on 1st down.

Almost all of them the Panthers had 8 or 9 guys in the box. On several of the plays you could see 10 defenders in the picture.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The decision not to punt when you had all three timeouts and the two minute warning was borderline criminal. At the Panther 48, you punt and pin them deep. In all likelihood, Carolina gets conservative on offense and you get the ball back with good field position. And there was no home crowd to influence Garrett on that reckless decision.

Yeah, completely stupid decision there, especially with the OL injuries there late in the game. They were never going to move the ball and we'd have gotten the ball back around midfield with a new set of downs.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You idiots act like no QB has ever had a good season and didn't pan out. This is exactly who Dak is, unfortunately. He's a good kid and probably a good locker room guy. But he's just too inaccurate to be the man and consistently win at this level.

I just don't see how he was so good his rookie year and the first part of his second. I know a great OL and RB made his life easier, but he also made some extremely accurate passes into tight windows for big completions.

I can't see how he could fall off that far. Was he just on fire for an entire year? Nothing had gone wrong yet, but once it did it affected his confidence? I don't have an explanation.

I really thought maybe at the end of last year he had some arm or shoulder injury we didn't know about, but that wouldn't be an excuse now.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't have an explanation.

aside from mechanical and throwing accuracy issues, I have a theory...

Unlike Jimmy:

.. - YouTube

I think Jason coaches with a "don't fall" (aka don't make mistakes) mentality so the players think about falling couple that with Dak's moms voice ringing in his head about not turning the ball over and I think it makes him hesitant to throw in tight windows (in the back of his mind he may not trust his arm either).

Top Bottom