dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It ended up not mattering because of Xavier Woods interception, but how about another coaching WTF to the fucking dipshit Clapper for ignoring his players requests to challenge the call on the Hitchens hit that KO'd the Falcon RB. Dude clearly fumbled and we recovered, and several players told Garrett to challenge and he ignored it. He had all the time in the world to think about it too with the injury situation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, the fruits of Goodell's FAIL could be seen all over the league yesterday. Numerous stadiums had massive amounts of empty seats. The Bears game was played in what appeared to be a half empty stadium, and they have a rep for their fans showing up no matter what kind of team or what kind of weather it is. Numerous other shots I saw on highlights later in the day showed tons of empty seats in other stadiums.

At the Falcons game yesterday there were tons of no shows/empty seats. This despite the fact it was the Cowboys in town against the defending NFC Champions, and still people didn't show up. Even when the Falcons are terrible if/when the Cowboys come here, they always sell out and pack the stands (I know, have been to a lot of those games in person) but not yesterday.

Yeah, he's worth 50 mils per yr and a private jet though.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dances to buiy them time becausze the routes take so long to develop. Same shit Romo had to deal with. Omega explained this.

The offensive system is definitely flawed, as is the coaching staff. But that doesn't mean we can't evaluate Dak. Me personally, I see red flags which you give a pass to because of Garrett and company. We also have to take into consideration that maybe the offense is limited because of things Dak doesn't do very well. The back shoulder throw has been completely taken out of the playbook. It was something that Dez did pretty well, especially at the goal line when he was single covered.

Dak's running ability has added a dimension to the offense but he lacks the accuracy to throw receivers open or go down field. His biggest plays downfield, like last weeks pass to TWill, were out of the pocket when the play broke down and the coverage was busted. This doesn't mean he can't improve. But I was surprised when he ran out of gas on two consecutive 10 yard runs near the end of the half which raised some concerns about his conditioning, at least to me.

He's got some real red flags that some folks just choose to ignore. If not for the turnover that led to a TD (on a Prescott run), the offense and Dak was pretty inept. Like I said, when your team is basically devastated when you lose a LT and RB, it's built wrong. The only player a team could ill afford to lose should be the "franchise" QB. Dak is a natural leader and he's good when all the pieces are in place. But no team is going to go through a whole season and not deal with injuries.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys defensive philosophy FAIL, explained in two plays:

1st play: Falcons 2nd TD drive at start of 2nd half. On 3rd down and goal from the 3, Cowboys decide to rush 3 guys and cover with 8. You only have just a small portion of the field to cover with it being the 3 yd line and the end zone being 10 yards in depth. Falcons run 5 people into pattern, meaning we have limited area to cover with EIGHT damn guys, and yet the Falcon WR is WIDE OPEN in the back of the endzone instantly. It wasn't like Ryan stood there forever, or ran around left and right waiting for someone to come open. The guy was WIDE OPEN immediately, with EIGHT GUYS to cover 5.

2nd play: Later in game Cowboys are double covering Julie Jones in a slant route inside. Good coverage by outside guy and Scandrick is inside. When they show the replay Scandrick is literally facing the receiver with his back to the QB, the ENTIRE TIME. Had he ever looked around (if Scandrick could catch it, which he probably wouldn't have anyway because he has hands of stone, but I digress) it's probably an easy pick 6

Both these plays are universal examples of what is wrong with the defensive philosophy and are plays that on a week to week basis you can find examples of quite often.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The offensive system is definitely flawed, as is the coaching staff. But that doesn't mean we can't evaluate Dak. Me personally, I see red flags which you give a pass to because of Garrett and company. We also have to take into consideration that maybe the offense is limited because of things Dak doesn't do very well. The back shoulder throw has been completely taken out of the playbook. It was something that Dez did pretty well, especially at the goal line when he was single covered.

Dak's running ability has added a dimension to the offense but he lacks the accuracy to throw receivers open or go down field. His biggest plays downfield, like last weeks pass to TWill, were out of the pocket when the play broke down and the coverage was busted. This doesn't mean he can't improve. But I was surprised when he ran out of gas on two consecutive 10 yard runs near the end of the half which raised some concerns about his conditioning, at least to me.

He's got some real red flags that some folks just choose to ignore. If not for the turnover that led to a TD (on a Prescott run), the offense and Dak was pretty inept. Like I said, when your team is basically devastated when you lose a LT and RB, it's built wrong. The only player a team could ill afford to lose should be the "franchise" QB. Dak is a natural leader and he's good when all the pieces are in place. But no team is going to go through a whole season and not deal with injuries.

Prescott was the least of the worries yesterday Dodger.

The guy is a good young player, yesterday he had a few bad throws but he also took a tremendous beating, the kind Romo or some other QB's would have probably been easily KO'd at some point during the game with.

I also find it laughable you are questioning the guys conditioning. The dude kills it in the gym everyday (something that some QB's, like dad bod Romo don't do). He was gassed after having to run for his life on several plays, WTF man?

Yesterday was a failure on many levels, but the QB play was not the main problem. The LT position ALONE gave up 7 sacks and at least a dozen hits on the QB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Prescott was the least of the worries yesterday Dodger.

The guy is a good young player, yesterday he had a few bad throws but he also took a tremendous beating, the kind Romo or some other QB's would have probably been easily KO'd at some point during the game with.

I also find it laughable you are questioning the guys conditioning. The dude kills it in the gym everyday (something that some QB's, like dad bod Romo don't do). He was gassed after having to run for his life on several plays, WTF man?

Yesterday was a failure on many levels, but the QB play was not the main problem. The LT position ALONE gave up 8 sacks and at least a dozen hits on the QB.

Wrong dbair. Prescott is the greatest of my concerns. I get it.....it was a bad day by the OL yesterday, to say the least. I want Dak to be the franchise. But yesterday was the OL, in Denver it was the thin air and the defense, against the Rams and the Pack it was the defense....and on and on and on. Yesterday, the D played well (in the first half) but the O sputtered. It's always something.

And I'm glad you know the personal workout habits of the players. Dak shouldn't have been gassed by the end of the half. But that's not the main issue with me. Time will tell.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And I'm glad you know the personal workout habits of the players. Dak shouldn't have been gassed by the end of the half. But that's not the main issue with me. Time will tell.

QB's shouldn't have to run for their life every play Dodger, yesterday Prescott basically had to.

he also avoided numerous plays where other QB's would have been sacked because he is strong as an ox. One of them was a dead in the right sack for Clayborn, which would have given him 7 and tied the all time single game sack record set by Derrick Thomas.

Derrick Thomas was a legit HOF player, a dominant player. Adrian Clayborn is the epitome of a JAG

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1a018d09634b8842f90aba70939764a3.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn became the fourth player in NFL history to record six sacks in a game on Sunday when he dominated Cowboys left tackle Chaz Green in a 27-7 win.

Those six sacks triggered an incentive bonus and were just 1.5 less than Clayborn’s previous career high for an entire season. Defensive tackle Dontari Poe called Clayborn’s performance “videogame-like” and quarterback Matt Ryan said Clayborn “energized” the team, but Clayborn didn’t dress things up too much.

“I only have one move and it worked,” Clayborn said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know, right? The dude is straight up admitting he's a JAG, but it was still good enough for a once in a generation performance.

It's almost like you can read in that one sentence, "I can't believe they were stupid enough to let an average dude like me with one move almost set the NFL single game sack record."

Top Bottom