Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Noise from his camp is threatening that Dez might not be available for the season if a new contract isn't finalized by July 15th.

As everyone knows, if he doesn't sign the franchise tender by then he can refuse to play the entire season.

I'm starting not to like him too much. Yeah, he's a great athlete and weapon for us; but it seems he cares more about marketing himself and making money than anything else. I don't care how much people on Dallas' roster say otherwise ie he loves the game blah blah blah.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He is listening to his new handlers after basically dumping the people who got him to this point in his career.

It's business. He very well might command the most money any WR ever has. If he can get that money more power to him. Likely won't be in Dallas, but other teams pay greenbacks too.

You bet they have the capability to make this ugly. This is why I have been saying start getting ready NOW to replace him, not when it's too late. Where's the leverage, if you're Dallas?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The kid forgets who took a chance on his sorry ass. Who paid out of his own pocket an around the clock detail to keep him in line. Who at one time had a co signing agreement with Dez so that Dez couldn't go out and just blow every fucking dime he had in a day. Who covered up for that mom thing that could have been a LOT worse. Who probably bought the security tape that had been mentioned. Jerry Jones has covered for that kid his entire NFL existence and structured the life of what has become one of the best receivers in the NFL. Him dumping that entire apparatus would have me scared shitless as well. Jay Z's agency knows NOTHING about salary caps and under the table out of pocket expenses that owners like Jerry have to do to keep the players out of jail and focused.

Am I saying he isn't worthy of being paid big money? Of course not. But I am saying he needs to meet the team the middle on making them feel safe just handing him all that guaranteed God Damn money without any structure. Jerry takes care of his best players way after they leave the team and Dez needs to start understanding he's making an enemy of the only man that gave him a chance.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never understand why fans are so pro-owner in these situations. Dez is trying to get the best possible deal for himself. I do it, you do it, and if you are not, you should be.

I hope that both sides can settle on a mutually beneficial deal that keeps Dez a Cowboy for his whole career. I'm not about to sit here and criticize a man for trying to get what he feels he's worth.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I never understand why fans are so pro-owner in these situations. Dez is trying to get the best possible deal for himself. I do it, you do it, and if you are not, you should be.

I hope that both sides can settle on a mutually beneficial deal that keeps Dez a Cowboy for his whole career. I'm not about to sit here and criticize a man for trying to get what he feels he's worth.

Do you think Jerry won't give him the best contract he deserves? He is only asking for guarantees from Dez about behavior and limits. Dez has always needed limits and it's kept him out of the police station having that structure. Much the same with what we are now doing with Gregory. I'm not so much pro owner as I am pro team. The kid needs structure, he may be an adult, but when has that stopped folks from blowing all their money and getting in trouble? Jerry has possibly the best set up in the entire NFL to help and handle odd balls with extreme talent, he's only wanting Dez to meet him half way here. Not under pay his ass.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yep.

This shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. The local guys who aren't totally pumping sunshine have said from the start that Dez wants his money. He even told us himself he would be pissed if he got franchised and warned them to not test his loyalty.

In the end, I doubt anything comes of this. But I don't doubt that his representatives really did put this out there, if only to put some pressure on the Joneses.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I agree in principle to this, but this situation is a little different than most, the new agent/handlers are quite hostile. Right now after only almost two years in existence representing athletes, they have on their roster Dez, Victor Cruz, Geno Smith, Ndamukong Suh, rookie Todd Gurley, and Jaelen Strong.

Let's not pretend Dallas hasn't made reasonable offers to Dez. Let's realize that "Roc Nation" thinks Dez compares to Suh in value. And maybe he does. Maybe to the point Dallas can't afford him. That's not criticizing Dez.

MY point is, Dallas really has very little leverage in this because right now, there's no new brilliant rookie to turn to if they can't get a deal. This is why I was in favor of drafting one. They have no reason to meet Dallas in the middle if they perceive Dez is irreplaceable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do you think Jerry won't give him the best contract he deserves?
It ain't about what he "deserves" only the market can determine that. It's about what Dallas can afford.

Reaction score
I don’t like it. Bothers me that he would even try such a tactic.

Boggles my mind that anyone could be so upset at the opportunity to make 12.8 million in a year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Boggles my mind that anyone could be so upset at the opportunity to make 12.8 million in a year.
I said it before and all the Dez fanboiz lost their minds. The dude is erratic. RocNation is his third agent switch. People forgot he fired his first agent, Eugene Parker, and hired Drew Rosenhaus. But for undisclosed reasons Dez "couldn't get along" with Rosenhaus - one of the very best agents in the business, and hired Parker back. Then fired Parker again, and hired JayZ's new group.

The white guys had to go and JayZ's black separatist group needs Dez's MON-AY more!

Reaction score
I said it before and all the Dez fanboiz lost their minds. The dude is erratic. RocNation is his third agent switch. People forgot he fired his first agent, Eugene Parker, and hired Drew Rosenhaus. But for undisclosed reasons Dez "couldn't get along" with Rosenhaus - one of the very best agents in the business, and hired Parker back. Then fired Parker again, and hired JayZ's new group.

The white guys had to go and JayZ's black separatist group needs Dez's MON-AY more!

The difference between me and you is that i actually like Dez Bryant.

He is obviously frustrated at not getting a new deal. A lot of the elite wide receivers are frustrated like Demaryius Thomas (he is threatening to hold out of training camp). Fitz and Calvin have over inflated the position with their deals. Right now it’s a waiting game to see what happens with the other contracts first.

I don’t think he would miss the first game, it has to be a negotiation tactic. One i don’t agree with.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Irvin held out of training camp in '92 and showed up days before Game 1. Being a dick is a proud Dallas tradition.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

What if he he suffers some catastrophic injury and that's all he gets? Calvin Johnson got 48 million guaranteed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He is obviously frustrated at not getting a new deal.
Again we are pretending there wasn't a reasonable deal offered?

Forgetting that it comes with a ton of off the field caveats Dez and RocNation don't like?

Reaction score
Again we are pretending there wasn't a reasonable deal offered?

Forgetting that it comes with a ton of off the field caveats Dez and RocNation don't like?

I already explained the issue. It’s a league wide thing with the WRs. Teams are having trouble knowing what the market is for these guys. It’s across the league, not a “RocNation” issue.

Top Bottom