dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well an already really tough season opener is probably going to get alot more difficult for us to win, as Bryant will almost assuredly be suspended by the league if the allegations are true. I know some believe Goodell might only fine Bryant because it was technically a misdemeanor, but the fact is the league office has been pretty harsh on Cowboy players (and coaches, remember the ridiculous 5 game suspension Wade Wilson got?) compared to the rest of the league. I strongly suspect Bryant will get a minimum of a 2 game suspension if this is proven to be true.

Really disappointed in Bryant, if what his mom says is accurate there's just no excuse whatsoever for what he did.

I would think we'll see the Cowboys go hard after a proven veteran pretty soon. There's a few names out there that are still free agents, or they might explore some trade options. What this situation proves is they cannot count on Dez Bryant and with Miles Austin's injury history, he really cant be counted on either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he gets suspended. Definitely possible. But I doubt it

Even if by some miracle the league didnt suspend Bryant, I expect with mounting pressure from the locals Jones and Garrett might suspend him themselves.

That said, I fully expect Goodell to hand down a suspension.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even if by some miracle the league didnt suspend Bryant, I expect with mounting pressure from the locals Jones and Garrett might suspend him themselves.

That said, I fully expect Goodell to hand down a suspension.

Strange. I feel the exact opposite. Maybe in wrong.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't think Dez would be suspended at first, but as this thing gets uglier, I'm starting to think he will be.

What I took as a bad sign was his "adviser" stating that he was remorseful. That tells me he is guilty of some, if not all of the things he's being accused of.

I was hoping for the usual defense of "The truth will come out in the end..." or "Please allow the facts to come out....".

But he never defended himself of anything, and that's not a good sign. If he intentionally hit his mom in any way, then he is definitely being suspended.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He should be suspended by the team without question.

But there is no way Jerry suspends the golden boy and Garrett doesn't have the power to do it.

If goodell does it he better suspend all those lions and Elvis dummervil also.

It's just tiring. I don't even care anymore tbh what happened, it's just tiring as a fan having these guys on our team.

Todd archer wrote a great article about it yesterday, Jason witten comes from almost the same situation. Broken abusive home and he came into the league at 21 years old and he is a role model for people let alone NFL players.

So I am tired of all the woe is me over bryants family and tired of hearing about this, it's embarrassing and he ruined a good solid offseason and now other players have to account for this.

I really look forward to the day when he is just not on the team and hope that is soon and they don't turn around and add another troublemaker.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
He should be suspended by the team without question.

But there is no way Jerry suspends the golden boy and Garrett doesn't have the power to do it.

If goodell does it he better suspend all those lions and Elvis dummervil also.

It's just tiring. I don't even care anymore tbh what happened, it's just tiring as a fan having these guys on our team.

Todd archer wrote a great article about it yesterday, Jason witten comes from almost the same situation. Broken abusive home and he came into the league at 21 years old and he is a role model for people let alone NFL players.

So I am tired of all the woe is me over bryants family and tired of hearing about this, it's embarrassing and he ruined a good solid offseason and now other players have to account for this.

I really look forward to the day when he is just not on the team and hope that is soon and they don't turn around and add another troublemaker.

I'm not a defender of Dez but I hardly think that Witten was raised alone by a crack whore

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not a defender of Dez but I hardly think that Witten was raised alone by a crack whore

He had to be taken out of his house and away from his parents because mom let his dad beat him. He had a really tough childhood. DEz mom was a crack user and dealer, witten's parents were trouble and they beat him.

Your splitting hairs. Crack just makes it sound worse, getting a beating by your parents aloNg with the other crap whey put him through and then having to live with your grandparents like DEz who lived with his uncle is a seriously broken home.

Witten is a role model, DEz is repeating history because is not very bright. His mom had him at 14 so he should have been intent on not doing the same thing and having kids he won't see and putting them in similar situations but that is exactly what he did, two kids two moms and he is 24 years old and just getting started.

I was reading this morning richie Whitt said he doesn't even have a drivers license anymore.

Witten had all the excuses he just chose not to use any of them.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
He had to be taken out of his house and away from his parents because mom let his dad beat him. He had a really tough childhood. DEz mom was a crack user and dealer, witten's parents were trouble and they beat him.

Your splitting hairs. Crack just makes it sound worse, getting a beating by your parents aloNg with the other crap whey put him through and then having to live with your grandparents like DEz who lived with his uncle is a seriously broken home.

Witten is a role model, DEz is repeating history because is not very bright. His mom had him at 14 so he should have been intent on not doing the same thing and having kids he won't see and putting them in similar situations but that is exactly what he did, two kids two moms and he is 24 years old and just getting started.

I was reading this morning richie Whitt said he doesn't even have a drivers license anymore.

Witten had all the excuses he just chose not to use any of them.

My dad beat the piss out of me, but I never hit my mama.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My dad beat the piss out of me, but I never hit my mama.

Was it so bad you had to be removed from your family and forced to live with your grandparents?

Or are you talking about being disciplined which is completely different and not what we are talking about.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Crack just makes it sound worse because, strangely, crack does make it worse.

Why would it make it worse for the kid? Both kids just knew there parents were not right and were failing.

And both didn't have the structure kids need.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Was it so bad you had to be removed from your family and forced to live with your grandparents?

Or are you talking about being disciplined which is completely different and not what we are talking about.

I was beaten pretty good to be honest, but than he stopped drinking when I was 13 and it was all peaches and cream

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

So if one parent drinks and beats the kid and the other guy grows up with the mom on crack and just ignoring him does it matter how you rate who had it worse?

Seems they both had it pretty miserably bad.

Reaction score
Jason was removed from his situation at an early age and raised in a home that fostered love, structure, and discipline.

Dez's remained in his home with a crackwhore.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez' mom was a crack dealer who got knocked up at 14 by a 39 year old (client? pimp?), got thrown in jail, had her kid Dez moved from relative to relative, until he finally lived with a girlfriend's family at 17...

Lots of guys come from very bad situations, that's true. But Dez's is about as bad as possible. It's truly a world most of us can't even imagine.

In most ways he is doing okay because he's come this far and up to now has never had any real legal trouble. It's a wonder he was never into drugs or anything else criminal himself.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason was removed from his situation at an early age and raised in a home that fostered love, structure, and discipline.

Dez's remained in his home with a crackwhore.
I believe he had to leave his home and move to another state at 11 to live with his grandfather.

Alot of damage was done by 11. He already learned enough by watching to grow up and be the same person as many do.

Top Bottom