Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I don’t remember who reported the details which included the clause that would void the majority of Zeke’s guaranteed money “if” he got suspended again

I figured that the report with all the details would be everywhere in minutes so I didn’t include the link

If I see the same article again I’ll post the link
Thank you! I’m more interested now in how we get out of this deal when EE goes south. I feel like we are getting back into salary cap hell.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Where did you get your information on the ****** clause? I’ve been all over the Internet trying to find out what protections Jerry built into this contract. EE will screwup again without a doubt. It’s only a matter of when. I personally do not like this extension. I believe it will come back to bite the Cowboys. Too many fresh legs out there to run behind our offensive line.
I was always of the mind set that Zeke should get paid before Dak just because of how our offense is modeled.
But I do agree that this contract worries me about what it means for the salary cap.
Let's hope this doesn't turn back the clock to the early/mid 2000s and I hope that this doesn't cost us other quality players though am afraid it will.
I do like the behavior clause but not sure it will stop Zeke from being...well...Zeke!! I wonder if the agent has to relinquish any money if he does get suspended lol!!

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was always of the mind set that Zeke should get paid before Dak just because of how our offense is modeled.
But I do agree that this contract worries me about what it means for the salary cap.
Let's hope this doesn't turn back the clock to the early/mid 2000s and I hope that this doesn't cost us other quality players though am afraid it will.
I do like the behavior clause but not sure it will stop Zeke from being...well...Zeke!! I wonder if the agent has to relinquish any money if he does get suspended lol!!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Take a good look at it. He gets 50 million in guaranteed money. His rookie deal pays him 35 million after 5 years. 60 million had he went that route with two franchise tags. But no guarantees past 35 million.

If you look at his contract he is likely out by 2023. That's when Dallas can cut him. Unless Zeke is still an elite back at age 28 I doubt they'll keep him and eat a 15 million dollar cap hit. So he's either out by 2023 or he renegotiates his contract.

Top Bottom