NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't think Goff is any better than Dak, just in a much better situation. Who here can honestly say the gameplan we saw last night that the Rams ran wasn't miles ahead of what the Cowboys were doing? I'm not a Rams fan and I can tell you exactly what they were doing. The Cowboys were running a mish mash of all kinds of crap. Their offense was all over the place.

We've got a mish mash because our coaching staff spent the offseason watching tape of what other teams do and tried to mimc numerous other teams. Mimic. Not be innovative and come up with something that best suits this team with the players we have. Its the Garrett way. Read coaching books and biographies and pull out garbage here and there and try to compile something of value. Garrett is a compiler and collector of quotes, phrases, and ideas. He's like a coach horder. All he has is just a collection of junk. Junk quotes. Junk plays and scheme.

If Garrett's coaching genius was applied to building an engine for a street rod or rat rod it would never work. It would be like taking a Chevy block and trying to us a Ford crankshaft, Dodge rods and pistons with Nissan cylinder heads and a Fiat intake. Nothing would fit or go together. It would just be a pile of scrap.

8 years into the compiling process and this is the equivalent:

depositphotos_44931395-stock-photo-metal-scrap-the-used-car.jpg

used-engine-scrap-2fcar-engine-scrap-500x500.jpg

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Meanwhile up in Philly and out in LA new HC's put together something equivalent to this in a year or two while the Red Fraud is still collecting useless junk:

garrett.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think Goff is any better than Dak, just in a much better situation. Who here can honestly say the gameplan we saw last night that the Rams ran wasn't miles ahead of what the Cowboys were doing? I'm not a Rams fan and I can tell you exactly what they were doing. The Cowboys were running a mish mash of all kinds of crap. Their offense was all over the place.

One word to debunk your entire theory

Accuracy

Goff has it

Dak does not

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus

Verified account

@BryanBroaddus
15m15 minutes ago
More Bryan Broaddus Retweeted Greg Swain
Kellen Moore is one of the smartest coaches I have ever been around. His understand of the game and communication skills are outstanding.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus

Verified account

@BryanBroaddus
15m15 minutes ago
More Bryan Broaddus Retweeted Greg Swain
Kellen Moore is one of the smartest coaches I have ever been around. His understand of the game and communication skills are outstanding.

Garrett is supposed to be smart too. Yet he can’t coach either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Moore ended up a good assistant coach one day, but he is as green as grass right now.

I also think the longer he sticks with Garrett and Linehan, the less quality of a coach he will ever become.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys have to understand. The culture in Dallas is much the same as other dysfunctional places. Broaddus was a scout but got shit canned. By all accounts, he probably didn't so well but I do, as a fan, give him props for having a job with a pro-team. Broaddus is going to levitate towards other folks just like him. Guys that were given a job with no accountability. They didn't get (or keep) the job on merit. When accomplished coaches such as BP come in, they gut the building of these frauds. When BP leaves, these frauds are hired back in some capacity. It's incestuous. And it's why you also see Broaddus be critical of guys like Parcells but then suck Kellen fucking Moore to the ball sack.

mbalar

Spectator
Reaction score
Dak was bad-inaccurate passer--but He DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER--first game--little preseason--he will get his groove on--but he is not a pin point passer--hope he gets that

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak was bad-inaccurate passer--but He DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER--first game--little preseason--he will get his groove on--but he is not a pin point passer--hope he gets that

I'm glad he didn't turn the ball over but so what? We lost. Are we supposed to take solace in the fact that he didn't throw an INT?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I assume you meant no interceptions, but he did turn the ball over. He got sacked and fumbled to end the game after Garrett stupidly tried to go for it on 4th and 10 the prior series, allowing Carolina to flip the field on us.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have officially jumped off the Dak bandwagon. After watching film the guy appears to wait for WRs to break open. By that time it's too late. These windows don't stay open for that long. A quarterback has to anticipate where a WR is going to be and throw the ball just before he breaks open. Dak holds on to the ball. He does not make those types of passes. I'm not sure he ever will.

That said, I think we'll be picking pretty high up next season so hopefully the draft is somewhat deep at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Admittedly I have not seen much of the footage, but those who have studied the All-22 from last week all seem to point the finger right at Prescott for the offenses failures.

Too many missed throws (which we all saw) but more disturbingly MANY missed reads where apparently guys were wide open. They also came to the conclusion he held on to the ball far too long on a multitude of plays.

Now some of this could be attributed to our total lack of preparation, no tune up game and the country club like practices they had all throughout training camp, and if so we should see some fairly significant improvement this week and next. If we don't, then, well.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think Goff is any better than Dak, just in a much better situation.
I would say you haven't watched many Rams games, then. He was excellent last year. Dak will never be that good a passer.

Which isn't to say that I don't agree with your overall point. Garrett would make Goff look much worse and McVay would make Dak better, no matter the relative talent levels of the QBs.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Admittedly I have not seen much of the footage, but those who have studied the All-22 from last week all seem to point the finger right at Prescott for the offenses failures.

Too many missed throws (which we all saw) but more disturbingly MANY missed reads where apparently guys were wide open. They also came to the conclusion he held on to the ball far too long on a multitude of plays.

this guy agrees:

Scott Linehan |Not Guilty| Is Dak Prescott The Future? (Cowboys Vs Panthers Breakdown) MUST WATCH! - YouTube

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess this is how you play a team lead by a franchise QB........

Top Bottom