Reaction score
O-tree had a fucking awesome offseason and preseason. I thought Bryant would get more of the action, but it went to O-tree. Pick his ass up in your fantasy league.

The Giants' focus was clearly on containing Austin and Dez. Additionally, with all their injuries Ogletree had the benefit of working against practice squad caliber DBs.

He made the plays and took advantage of the mismatch so props to him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Giants' focus was clearly on containing Austin and Dez. Additionally, with all their injuries Ogletree had the benefit of working against practice squad caliber DBs.

He made the plays and took advantage of the mismatch so props to him.

Say whatever you want. Ogletree ran perfect routes, and has always had that chemistry with ROmo.

Reaction score
Especially on that touchdown against Corey "Practice Squad" Webster.

Yes, because I said every play he made was against a practice squad player.

I wasn't discounting Ogletree's performance but fact is he probably didn't rank very high on the Giants' list of priorities heading into last night's game.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Yes, because I said every play he made was against a practice squad player.

I wasn't discounting Ogletree's performance but fact is he probably didn't rank very high on the Giants' list of priorities heading into last night's game.

How many #3 WR's would? By definition, they're the 5th option. 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB ahead of them in the pecking order. I know, I know, it's a passing league, blah blah blah. But I think you'd have to look for a long time to find any D coordinator that is scheming against a #3 WR.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How many #3 WR's would? By definition, they're the 5th option. 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB ahead of them in the pecking order. I know, I know, it's a passing league, blah blah blah. But I think you'd have to look for a long time to find any D coordinator that is scheming against a #3 WR.

Which is odd because I remember so much hand-wringing about how Spencer cost us Robinson and how will we ever replace Robinson's production during the offseason...only now that Ogletree shredded NY everyone suddenly remembers that 3rd receivers can catch passes all day from elite QBs and it doesn't matter who they are.

Reaction score

I don't think you'd have to look that hard. Coming into last night's game I'd say there was little regard in NFL circles regarding Ogletree's skills as a WR. Hell, we've been cursing him and wishing him off the roster the last couple of years and even into this year's training camp.

Maybe he's turned the corner. I don't know. I certainly hope so.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I also want one of these threads started about clutch-ass Austin to call out MB4 for his hate.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Shocker Romo is gonna get another receiver paid.

Romo makes receivers look good, no doubt, but Tree ran some routes last night that made some DBs look silly. He was wide open on more than one occasion. His job as the team's 3rd wideout is beating the opposition's 4th (5th? 6th?) corner, and he did that all night.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also want one of these threads started about clutch-ass Austin to call out MB4 for his hate.

Nice Of him to show up eventually.

Was that hand single room gave him that direct? Looked like he did that hand puppet then raises his hands like "it's gonna be a jump ball".

Maybe Garrett needs to script his plays based on down and distance so the call comes in like right after the previous play ends. Then romo has 15 seconds to do his line adjustments. I've been all-in on romo just hand him the keys. All of our big plays come from his adjustments and scrambling.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We need to just let Romo go full OC and run the entire offense himself Peyton Manning-style. Our best plays are almost all him anyway.

Reaction score
We need to just let Romo go full OC and run the entire offense himself Peyton Manning-style. Our best plays are almost all him anyway.

Be careful. The lawyer dude and a couple other homers will start cyber crying if you devalue the OC.

We beat teh champs! Go fuck yourself and find another team with a OC that suits your standards!

Reaction score
like 4 catches on 4 targets and a TD? Kept grinding all game and then killed NY.

Two of his catches (the diving one and then the TD) were just clutch brilliance.

I hope he can stay healthy, but there never should be any question how baller he is.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Two of his catches (the diving one and then the TD) were just clutch brilliance.

I hope he can stay healthy, but there never should be any question how baller he is.

his comeback when Romo was in serious trouble was awesome too. Dude came flying back to the LOS with authority, that was gonna be his ball he was gonna bail his QB out no matter what.

Top Bottom