bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
McClain better show up. you shouldn't be sick for three weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett is saying he (McClain) has a concussion and will have to go through the concussion protocol to play next week.

He'd be a big loss against their run game with Lacy if he cant play.

Reaction score
don't even start with the OL holdings that weren't called...probably could have called at least 4 or 5 easy ones on their guys...Crawford got held a ton
Crawford was held on staffords big scramble. But our rush is weak we held them way more than they held us.

But that's just an overall note in a 60 minute game it happens . Like dez is physical and solid so he'll never get a break On pi bc he won't flop. Something you adjust to. And romo won't get roughing bc he's squirrelly anyway. It doesn't LOOK bad when he's crunched bc it doesn't seem off. To me it's cry baby bullshit to point to this hitchens play.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As long as the refs are helping us we got this.

Just kidding. I doubt we start slow two weeks in a row. Dom Capers is going to have some creative schemes against us and Rodgers will test the deep coverage BUT we can ground pound it and limit Rodgers' opportunities. Hopefully McClain can go because we will need him against Lacy.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
B6jA6elIAAAWP3D.jpg

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
they're not a big, smash mouth defense. more speed oriented.

This isn't true at all...they're considered the most physical defense in the league...nobody outside of Thomas and Wagner have much speed...maybe Irvin but he isn't even a big player for them..

Overall, I agree w your point, this line has taken its share of beatings for a group that's so highly thought of...to their defense, they are young..

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just reading the whole thread. cs bringing the funny all day. :lol

And fuck Jerry Jones and his whole family. That's the bad thing about all this... Think how many shirts, $12 beers, and future tickets that old bastard is selling. This little run will be good for probably three or four more years of big money for him no matter what happens from here on out.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As long as the refs are helping us we got this.

Just kidding. I doubt we start slow two weeks in a row. Dom Capers is going to have some creative schemes against us and Rodgers will test the deep coverage BUT we can ground pound it and limit Rodgers' opportunities. Hopefully McClain can go because we will need him against Lacy.

Hey asshole. Successful season yet?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
So... About Dez running onto the field without his helmet to protest the PI call, is that a penalty? Someone needs to have a chat with him about that ****** move.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone catch that we finished 2nd in the league in take aways this yr with 31? I went to look it up because I heard the blurb about it after the game and didn't believe it. But its true. Only Houston had more takeaways.

Also, Lions 2nd half offense:
1 play, Interception
8 plays, 50 yds FG
3 plays 8 yds, Punt
8 plays 44 yds, Punt
Last drive, technically was two separate drives because of the Lawrence fumble. But total it was 10 plays, 28 yds, two fumbles lost.

30 total plays, 130 total yds, 3 pts, 3 turnovers

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So... About Dez running onto the field without his helmet to protest the PI call, is that a penalty? Someone needs to have a chat with him about that ****** move.

Somebody at ESPN covered it, technically since he didn't remove his helmet while on the field. No.

But the part about running on the field itself could have potentially been deemed unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm sure the Cowboy coaches probably read him the riot act at some point over that.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboy 2nd half drives:

4 plays (-4 yds), Missed FG
10 plays 80 yds, TD
7 plays 36yds, FG
11 plays 59 yds, TD
2 plays (-2yds), End of Game

Cowboys controlled the ball for almost 19 mins of 2nd half.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Anyone else terrified for Romo when you see an empty backfield against a strong pass rushing team? My son was going nuts every time. Truth be told, so was I.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else terrified for Romo when you see an empty backfield against a strong pass rushing team. My son was going nuts every time. Truth be told, so was I.

Not really, they've actually been awesome in that set this yr.

I posted Ron Jaworski's analysis of it after the Philly win. He talked about how effective it was in that game and then went back and looked at every snap it had been used up to that point during the season. Its been off the charts good. I think up to that game it was something like 45 completions in 60 drop backs, with 6 or 7 tds and only 1 pick.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anyone else terrified for Romo when you see an empty backfield against a strong pass rushing team? My son was going nuts every time. Truth be told, so was I.

Trust in Romo and Linehan. At this point I expect positive plays, well, almost every play.

Of course that isn't realistic, but I don't care if we go no gain, incomplete, I expect that 3rd and 10 to be converted. And it usually is.

Romo said something very interesting after the game. He said he's just grown a lot since 2007 and 2009. He said back then he took too much on himself but now he realizes that if he doesn't make bad mistakes, the other team isn't going to get so far ahead that we can't come back. He claims that's why some of those bad-looking passes were short... He was putting them in spots where our guy might catch it, but if not it wouldn't be an INT.

I think that's a big part of this year. Tony has just matured tremendously. He's a mid-30s guy with a family and perspective, not a gunslinging kid who says dumb things like, "I wouldn't want to fast forward to the playoffs and miss all the fun." He gets it now.

Last edited:

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Somebody at ESPN covered it, technically since he didn't remove his helmet while on the field. No.

But the part about running on the field itself could have potentially been deemed unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm sure the Cowboy coaches probably read him the riot act at some point over that.

LOL. ESPN radio did not get the note. Had to run to the store and that was all they were babbling about.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL. ESPN radio did not get the note. Had to run to the store and that was all they were babbling about.

He shouldn't have done it, I get it that he is super competitive and emotional but that might have rubbed another ref the wrong way and got a flag.

Top Bottom