icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And last thing....Roman has worked his way up the coaching food chain from unpaid assistant to college assistant to NFL assistant, etc. The Harbaugh's must love him because he's work for both brothers in college and the NFL and I think that says a little something. Of course, he'll be in high demand but the Dallas job would have to be intriguing for any good offensive minded coach because of Zeke, the OL and Cooper Rush....err...I mean Dak.

not so fast, pal. cooper rush is a free agent next yr

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You'd almost have to think Greg Roman might be a guy Jerry would be interested in. I've seen some interviews and it seems like he knows he's being looked at for a HC job. He's implemented an offense specifically designed for Lamar Jackson and that would intrigue Jerry to think what he could design for Dak. That's got to be decision #1 for Jerry in terms of what to do with Dak and Roman has the success with Jackson that would be a huge factor with Dak on the roster. Of course, Lamar Jackson may be a generational talent and you're just not going to duplicate that with Dak.

In any event, Roman looks like he drinks a lot of beer and likes to eat. Two things that make him the front runner in my book. And he's a Jersey guy to boot but without the Parcells attitude. He probably wouldn't want full control because the Ravens don't operate that way. And he'd owe it all to Jerry so I could see him quickly becoming a yes man.

And last thing....Roman has worked his way up the coaching food chain from unpaid assistant to college assistant to NFL assistant, etc. The Harbaugh's must love him because he's work for both brothers in college and the NFL and I think that says a little something. Of course, he'll be in high demand but the Dallas job would have to be intriguing for any good offensive minded coach because of Zeke, the OL and Cooper Rush....err...I mean Dak.

As I've said before the Cowboys personnel is perfect for Roman's system. You have a mobile QB in Dak. You have a stud RB in Zeke and a solid backup RB in Pollard. You have big beefy O-lineman who excel in run blocking. Y'know those 17 play drives that the Cowboys run where they score TDs and then immediately decide to stop running that style of offense because Moore wants to run a lame version of the Air Raid? Under Roman we would see long successful drives on a consistent basis and have much better coaching then we do now.

To me if it isn't Urban Meyer, Greg Roman should be the guy over any other candidate and I think Greg Roman would get the best of Dak, personally.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
he hasn't looked too mobile this year, seemed really slow as well

am I crazy?

If you ever watch his highlights when he was at Mississippi State, he was a different type of player and the type of player that the Cowboys should be aiming for him to be. He is a mobile QB that the Cowboys want to be a pocket QB. The problem is that he isn't very good at the pocket QB thing, thus someone like Urban Meyer or Greg Roman would be able to take advantage of his skill set properly.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You mean when he wanted Dez to grow up and quit acting like a 13 yr old bitch?
Snake Lee should have told Dez to his face, if he had a problem with Dez. Don't whine to management and stab your teammate in the back like a snake. Gets my blood boiling just thinking about that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Snake Lee should have told Dez to his face, if he had a problem with Dez. Don't whine to management and stab your teammate in the back like a snake. Gets my blood boiling just thinking about that.

How do you know he didn't? Are you privy to everything that goes on inside the locker room there?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
How do you know he didn't? Are you privy to everything that goes on inside the locker room there?

Dez said Snake Lee went behind his back and complained to management. When asked about it, Snake Lee gave a non-answer answer. The circumstantial evidence leads me to believe that Snake Lee is a snake.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of his play, I at least respect his character

“I didn’t make the playoffs, so I deserve to be second. I don’t play this game for stats, I play this game for wins”

Dak missed the Cowboy season season passing yards record by 1 yard

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
he hasn't looked too mobile this year, seemed really slow as well

am I crazy?

Because Garrett coached that out of him the same way he did with Romo. Garret's like this: if a play breaks down, he rather have the QB (1) take the sack, or (2) throw the ball away. What he does not want is for the QB to run even if there's daylight ahead. How many games were ultimately lost because of Garrett's philosophy that led to drives being stalled? How many times Dak wanted to run but then hesitate because of this?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because Garrett coached that out of him the same way he did with Romo. Garret's like this: if a play breaks down, he rather have the QB (1) take the sack, or (2) throw the ball away. What he does not want is for the QB to run even if there's daylight ahead. How many games were ultimately lost because of Garrett's philosophy that led to drives being stalled? How many times Dak wanted to run but then hesitate because of this?

So you think when the play broke down and the DL were bearing down on him, he thought about what Garrett would say and stayed in the pocket?

I saw a guy who had hard a hard time stepping up into a clean pocket and instead (instinctively) tried to roll outside only to run into a DE that he couldn't outrun.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How many games were ultimately lost because of Garrett's philosophy that led to drives being stalled? How many times Dak wanted to run but then hesitate because of this?

I tried, but I'm having trouble coming up with an exact number

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez said Snake Lee went behind his back and complained to management. When asked about it, Snake Lee gave a non-answer answer. The circumstantial evidence leads me to believe that Snake Lee is a snake.

I really don't give a shit if he did. Dez hasn't worked a day since we cut him. Jerry likes, Dez so I know he isn't blackballed. The Saints signed him and he was hurt within a week of signing the deal. Face it, Jerry didn't need Sean Lee, snake or not, to make that choice. I just wished he'd use the same logic when it came to coaches personally.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I really don't give a shit if he did. Dez hasn't worked a day since we cut him. Jerry likes, Dez so I know he isn't blackballed. The Saints signed him and he was hurt within a week of signing the deal. Face it, Jerry didn't need Sean Lee, snake or not, to make that choice. I just wished he'd use the same logic when it came to coaches personally.

The benefit of the fact contract Dez got was he never has to play football again if he doesn't want to/and or if no one is interested. Judging by his tweets he seems pretty happy with life and good for him. I just wish he would start a podcast or something, cause he is quite the character.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0f61044bd05a385743dcb6ca226f575a.jpg

Fmart322

Spectator
Reaction score
I suspect everyone has a different answer but imo, if paying "market price" (which is currently top 5 money) for a QB I rank to be mid tier (15-18) because I'm desperate & have no other options, then in my estimation, I've over paid. Especially if paying that QB "market price" hurts the team by sucking up the salary cap, thereby lowering my chances of winning,

if the goal is to simply fill all the slots available on the team and meet or exceed the salary cap floor, then I guess I paid market and who gives damn
Yeah, paying Dak that much money for his skill set is overpaying but we have a ton of money next year in the salary cap area. I think I heard like 80 million.
Now, Dak has everything you look for in a QB except 1 thing, and it's a big deal, accuracy. We lost the eagles game because of it. I swear I think our receivers were so frustrated that that's what made them give up.
Of course perhaps had we ran Zeke more then 13 times that would have helped but that's another story.

Top Bottom