touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
The purpose of playing in the Regular Season is to get to the Playoffs. I don;t care much how pretty, or ugly, the Regular Season is... But when it comes to the Playoffs, I expect the Boys to win, and to certainly *not* beat themselves. This is what matters. Not a bunch of fucking stats in the Regular Season.

I expect Dak to start seeing more passing opportunities on the field, beyond 5-7 yards, and less than50 yards.
America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses has locations across Dallas....

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
phew boy thats steep ..

but maybe just maybe the dak contract is going to look like a bargain compared to what mahomes, watson, and trubisky are gonna get.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
phew boy thats steep ..

but maybe just maybe the dak contract is going to look like a bargain compared to what mahomes, watson, and trubisky are gonna get.

Pretty fucked up. A cap crippling deal for a mid pack QB. We'll see what happens when they cant afford to build around him.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
A cap crippling deal for a mid pack QB. We'll see what happens when they cant afford to build around him.

Remember that Jerry is The Master of selling the "Sizzle" without actually delivering the Championship "Steak."

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
It just boggles the mind that the NFL has gotten to the point that you'd rather keep a mid-pack QB and pay him Top 'o the line money, than trade him away and get picks for him to land an actual good QB and forgo another 8/8 season with the one you just paid huge money to. If we win more than 8 this year I will be stunned.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If the Cowboys can pull off 10 wind last year, they should be able to do pretty good this year. Problem is keeping the team in tact. Dak is not the type of QB that can make up for losing good players as a result of his cap hit. He gets by due to the players around him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It just boggles the mind that the NFL has gotten to the point that you'd rather keep a mid-pack QB and pay him Top 'o the line money, than trade him away and get picks for him to land an actual good QB and forgo another 8/8 season with the one you just paid huge money to. If we win more than 8 this year I will be stunned.

Might as well trade Zeke, Zack Martin, Jaylon, and LVE too. There’s no way they would win even 8 games with Cooper Rush or Mike White quarterbacking this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Might as well trade Zeke, Zack Martin, Jaylon, and LVE too. There’s no way they would win even 8 games with Cooper Rush or Mike White quarterbacking this team.

Throwing away a season on Coop getting extra picks for Dak and picking a top of the picks for a QB is bad how exactly? No need to throw everyone away forever, just Dak so we get a QB that can throw the ball past 5 years with reliability.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Throwing away a season on Coop getting extra picks for Dak and picking a top of the picks for a QB is bad how exactly? No need to throw everyone away forever, just Dak so we get a QB that can throw the ball past 5 years with reliability.

You would technically be throwing away at least 3 seasons. The season with Cooper Rush and the next two grooming your next QB. Keep in mind that the team would still be good enough to win 6-7 games so they likely wouldn’t be drafting in the top 5 so there is no guarantee that they would even be able to draft a QB that is as good as Dak is right now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2f6e6c05a550fb4ec3ef66642f4d1dc5.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL Network is showing all Cowboys all day on the 4th of July. They are featuring America’s Team all days.

Now on to other news. Zeke is meeting with the Commish this week about his issue in Vegas. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets a 1 game suspension (or worse)

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You would technically be throwing away at least 3 seasons. The season with Cooper Rush and the next two grooming your next QB. Keep in mind that the team would still be good enough to win 6-7 games so they likely wouldn’t be drafting in the top 5 so there is no guarantee that they would even be able to draft a QB that is as good as Dak is right now.

I agree with you. But I think the concern is paying Dak a cap crippling contract, a contract he isn't worth. If the Cowboys lose or can't pay good players due to this it could be seen as throwing away the life of Dak's contract. Which would be worse than 1-3 years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree with you. But I think the concern is paying Dak a cap crippling contract, a contract he isn't worth. If the Cowboys lose or can't pay good players due to this it could be seen as throwing away the life of Dak's contract. Which would be worse than 1-3 years.

We’ve seen guys that were worse than Dak is win big in the NFL. Even with a huge contract this team would have about a 3-4 year window. That gives the team a chance. You let Dak walk and this team has zero chance with Cooper Rush. Then you have to pray that you find a QB that is as good as Dak is now (while drafting in the mid-late teens). That would be wasting all the talent that is in this team for the next 3-4 years. That makes no sense to me. I’d rather take a shot with Dak for the next 3-4 years (with him on a 4-5 year front loaded contract). That would lessen the blow to the cap if they have to move on from him in year 4-5 of the deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That sounds good until you consider how hard it is to get someone "good"

As for the last parts of your statement, they've won 9+ all 3 years with Prescott.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now on to other news. Zeke is meeting with the Commish this week about his issue in Vegas. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets a 1 game suspension (or worse)

I posted in another thread, they announced he wont be suspended.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think that's the right way to think about it, and probably the way the Cowboy people are looking at it too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That sounds good until you consider how hard it is to get someone "good"

As for the last parts of your statement, they've won 9+ all 3 years with Prescott.

10+ in two of his first three seasons and a playoff win. And I agree, there is no guarantee they would be able to find someone that is as good as Dak is now.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
10+ in two of his first three seasons and a playoff win. And I agree, there is no guarantee they would be able to find someone that is as good as Dak is now.

His supporting cast is why we won those games. He was God awful without Zeke and until he got someone that could catch the ball he threw 5 yards and turn it into a 50 yard gain he was pedestrian.

Top Bottom