Reaction score
Looks like Miles is out.

Who do you start opposite Dez against the Redskins?

Kevin Ogletree has caught everything thrown his way. Hasn't been flashy and had a stupid penalty against the 9'ers, but he's converted on third downs and been steady.

Jesse Holley came through. Flash in the pan, or a hot hand? Unrealistic to think he's the next "Miles Austin." But like Austin, he's a big receiver who's spent a few years on the roster perfecting his craft.

Odds are too long to argue for anyone else. I doubt Robinson gets consideration do to his limited time here. Harris hasn't done anything as a receiver.

Lining Bennett up outside would be a match up nightmare. But I wouldn't do it for 40 offensive snaps a game.

Who you got?

Plymkr

Reaction score
IMO. Bennett only sees the field on running plays and RB screens. I put Phillips in front of Bennett. I have never liked TE's in WR's positions. There is no need for it. No need for fake RB/WR runs either. Line up and fucking play.

Opposite Bryant (if his little boo boo is better), I go with Oge... He is all they have. Dallas's system is a system where they can't just plug players in and they perform well. This is known. Seems every other team can do this, but, Dallas can't. So, Holley is on the sidelines unless Oge gets hurt, of Oge goes into the slot. I guess it also depends on who blocks better out there. I don't know, hard to say. This injury bug shit is pissing me off though.

Reaction score
Are we certain Dez is playing? Haven't seen that decided yet, but I could have easily missed it.

FWIW, I'd go with Ogletree.

C

Cr122

If Dez plays, which I think he will, then it'll be Ogletree.

If not we could see Holley and Ogletree as our 1 and 2.

Reaction score
Ogletree, no question. You can put him in the slot in 3 WR sets, but he has done nothing to lose his job. I do think there will be a rotation of him and Holley in 2 WR sets though.

C

Cr122

Insightful.

lol Then....maybe we'll see a lot of two tight end sets? :confused

I know what your saying though, it could be ugly. Let's just hope Holley doesn't hang his hat on one good performance.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm putting a back in the slot and throwing to him. Bennet's an option, too. I'm sure Dez plays some, and I bet we trot out Robinson a few times and try him deep at least once early. And that Tony spreads it around to 4-5 different WRs to keep things interesting.

Come on, turnovers! Come on, screen game! Gonna have to gut one out in the home opener.

Reaction score
I'm putting a back in the slot and throwing to him.

This isn't the first time I've said it, but one of the reasons why I really liked the FJ draft pick was because I thought we'd do this with him.

To this day, I can't figure out why we don't.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we've ever moved him into the slot.

Reaction score
I don't think it matters as much who starts, as we'll probably see alot of rotating in and 2 TE sets this game. Expect Holley and OG to both see a considerable amount of playing time. I think Romo is developing a comfort with Holley that you could kind of see starting to develop in the preseason.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see us line up Bennett out wide. Not every play obviously but if they put a 5'10" corner on him out there on an island, jump ball. If they try to put a linebacker on him, streak.

Same thing with Felix or DeMarco Murray. Mismatches all around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see us line up Bennett out wide. Not every play obviously but if they put a 5'10" corner on him out there on an island, jump ball. If they try to put a linebacker on him, streak.

Same thing with Felix or DeMarco Murray. Mismatches all around.

They moved Bennett out wide on several plays the other day. I dont recall how many and dont remember the ball being thrown his way, but they did show it.

Reaction score
Maybe Ed Hervey?

pepesuicide.gif

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Simple. Skyler Green.

Who by the way we had way ahead of Miles Austin on our draft board in 2006.

Top Bottom