DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've been hearing Jerry make more promises are on the way. I know we'd all want the first change to be him hiring a GM, but we all know that'll never happen. Aside from replacing Campo, what other changes do you honestly expect to happen this off season?

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not real sure what changes he could be talking about.

First thing that comes to mind is changing coaches - there's a few that need to go. But if reports are true, Campo is the only change. While that's a good one, we still have some inferior coaches, IMO.

Roster changes seems obvious, but that happens every year. Is there something drastic on the horizon? Some unforseen changes?

I'd love it if he stopped with the traveling training camps (2 weeks in San Antonio, 2 weeks in California), but that'll never stop. He's a business man first. He has to market his toy.

Truthfully, I think it's just him blowing smoke. Selling the notion of change to give everyone a warm fuzzy (Obama, anyone?).

Reaction score
One big FA and a couple scrubs. Then hire some no name to coach the secondary...

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Probably just enough to et back on tv in April and start telling the public we are a contender.

jerry doesn't have it in him to make the necessary changes. It might upset what he has left with the fans.

The pissed offnes is alot higher thus year than I ever remember. Every thing i hear is it's jerrys fault. Usually players get bickered over and coaches too.

So far this year it's just plain...Jerry.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not a lot of optomism in this thread. Not suprising though.

What if one of the changes was having a one on one with Jason, and having him delegate some of his responsibilities, namely playcalling. Tell Garrett he has the authority to hire whomever he deems qualified to call plays, and hire him. Tell him he has the authority to call plays in certain situations, or to override his playcallers decisions - normal for head coaches anyway. Might soften the blow a little.

This would allow Garrett to focus more closely on game management, personnel decisions, etc.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I expect him to change the whole still being alive thing.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry will probably add a couple more concert dates,maybe some big time boxing or MMA matches,and try to get some more national CFB games.
That,and raising merchandise,parking and ticket prices ought to do the trick.
The team?
They're fine.
After all,they have the best GM in the business.
Plus,Gerald Sensabaugh.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not a lot of optomism in this thread. Not suprising though.

What if one of the changes was having a one on one with Jason, and having him delegate some of his responsibilities, namely playcalling. Tell Garrett he has the authority to hire whomever he deems qualified to call plays, and hire him. Tell him he has the authority to call plays in certain situations, or to override his playcallers decisions - normal for head coaches anyway. Might soften the blow a little.

This would allow Garrett to focus more closely on game management, personnel decisions, etc.

there is no reason for optimism at the moment with the franchise.

it sucks and I hate saying it but its the truth.

I will say you never know what can happen, if sporano were to come coach the line and houston were to find a way to beat baltimore cam cameron is another guy jason has a relationship with and he runs the same offense.

We could end up with Garret HC, Cam Cameron OC, Tony Sporano OL coach.

but that is probably not going to happen. Cameron will probably be fine in baltimore and sparano will be in demand I bet by more teams than just dallas and the jets.

It is nice to know everyone garrett does try to hire or has a relationship with are good coaches. Last year He talked to winston moss and really liked him but he couldnt get out of green bay and now he is going to be the head coach in Oakland.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've heard a few things, but I won't share outside of the few people which whom I've PM'd. It's becoming an unacceptable board culture to run off quality posters who do in fact share information that might not be 100% accurate.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Prob sign a few mid level free agents. Ala Keith Brooking, Kenyon Coleman,Abe Elam, Igor, Sensabaugh.

Those bargain bins have been successful!!

Fuck you Jerry. Ball up and get Nicks and Campbell!

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Well so far he's fired Campo and just this minute Houck "retired" so those are two of the changes I wanted. And we aren't even getting really started yet.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well so far he's fired Campo and just this minute Houck "retired" so those are two of the changes I wanted. And we aren't even getting really started yet.

Then bringing in guys like Henderson and Callahan. We give Jones al;ot of shit and deservedly so, but so far these moves have been more than solid. Great way to start the offseason.

Top Bottom