boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
[h=1]Cowboys interested in LB Woodyard[/h]March, 10, 2014 Mar 10
11:05
AM ET

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com
On the eve of the start of free agency, the Cowboys have expressed some interest in Denver weakside linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

i

Woodyard compiled 84 tackles, three forced fumbles and four pass breakups in 2013. In the past two seasons, Woodyard has 10 pass breakups and four interceptions.

Last year, the Cowboys used the free-agency period to sign veteran linebacker Justin Durant to a two-year, $2.3 million deal with $400,000 guaranteed.

Durant battled injuries last season as the strongside linebacker, playing in 10 games before getting placed on injured reserve. The Cowboys could promote Kyle Wilber to the starting role at strongside linebacker and create competition on the weakside spot for Bruce Carter with a veteran signee.

If the Cowboys release Durant, it'll save the team $1.25 million on the salary cap.

The Cowboys are looking for upgrades along a defense that finished last in total yards (6,645), 30th against the pass (4,589) and 27th against the run (2,056) last season.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just want Bruce Carter to get beaten out by someone if we aren't going to cut him, which is exactly what he deserves after last season.

There's no way in hell he deserves a contract so I don't want Stephen or Jerry to be tempted. I know exactly what he'll do once he gets it.

I would actually cut him after June 1st is what I would do. Make it hard for him to sign with someone else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What am I missing about the name Wesley? Charles Wesley wrote hymns and Wesley was the hero of The Princess Bride.

Reaction score
WTF not even like 3 weeks ago Mid and I were neck and neck... seems he's gone on a posting rampage as of late.

Top Bottom