C

Cr122

Wade Phillips: Cowboys have a gem in backup QB Jon Kitna

12:05 AM CDT on Monday, August 2, 2010

By DAVID MOORE / The Dallas Morning News
dmoore@dallasnews.com

Quarterback Jon Kitna has gotten a lot of attention for the poor throw that led to Dez Bryant's high ankle sprain.

Coach Wade Phillips has mentioned several times how that was a bad throw. But when asked Sunday how Kitna has performed overall, Phillips said the backup quarterback was doing fine and was more comfortable in the offense than he was last season.

"I think he's fit in well. I think the guy can play," Phillips said. "I really think that we've got a gem there, and I think he could start for a lot of teams."

Phillips said Kitna helped the Cowboys defense prepare for opponents last season.

"If you don't disguise well at practice, he's going to get the ball to the weakness of your defense," Phillips said.

C

Cr122

Yea thats where he belongs,coaching the D

Not that it would ever happen, but imagine Wade on defense, Garrett on offense and Big Bill as our Gm.

Again it would never happen and Bill would bring in his own guys. I'm just dreaming here. That's what happens when you're bored.

x69twisted

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not that it would ever happen, but imagine Wade on defense, Garrett on offense and Big Bill as our Gm.

Again it would never happen and Bill would bring in his own guys. I'm just dreaming here. That's what happens when you're bored.

Yea that's the way it should have been

C

Cr122

Yea that's the way it should have been

Ayuh, Jerry should of said to Bill you can have GM duties, but we want to keep Wade and Jason on the staff, you think we could win that way?

Again, it would of never happened, and Bill would have to bring in his own guys. He always does.

C

Cr122

Wade is afraid to say anything different.

He doesn't have the sack to tell you the real truth about a player.

He has a mangina.

Reaction score
psssssssh !!!!!! lets just cross r fingers and hope romo gives us all 16 games if kitna still had something detroit of all teams would of let him show stafford the ropes for the lions

C

Cr122

psssssssh !!!!!! lets just cross r fingers and hope romo gives us all 16 games if kitna still had something detroit of all teams would of let him show stafford the ropes for the lions

I don't think the Lions have had any success at QB since Erik Hipple.

They thought they had their man in Harrington, then Kitna was a fill in gap guy for a while.

Reaction score
I don't think the Lions have had any success at QB since Erik Hipple.

They thought they had their man in Harrington, then Kitna was a fill in gap guy for a while.

going back to the 80's on me with the hipple statement man where would i be without espn classic and good sport knowledge but i dont think it was all harrington fault lions didnt really have the greatest line when he was drafted and it shows in the nfl quarterbacks dont last long when not given the offensive line they need just look at David Carr, Tim Couch, David Klinger all these qb's lost confidence due to poor o lines

Top Bottom